The story of 1947

The story of 1947

A Story by Riddhi
"

This story is set up at the time of freedom of my motherland.It tells about the wrong practices which hollowed my Indian society. It also gives a ray of hope that entire humanity take the right path.

"
What light is to the eyes, what air is to the lungs,what love is to the heart,freedom is to the soul of man.Freedom brings love,freedom brings joy but freedom brings separation.
Yes, my dear readers this story is set up in the time during which my motherland India was under British rule.Yes,indeed,we got freedom on August 15,1947, but we were divided  as two nations - India and Pakisthan. Hindus and Muslims were divided forever.For centuries, the two brothers-Hindus and Muslims who lived together with peace and harmony were now divided. This freedom brought us separation. The number of people whom we have not lost in the freedom struggle we lost here during partition.The story starts on 15 September,1925.
   In the kingdom of Lahore, a kingdom of Muslims Nawabs which the Britishers  were unable to conquer was born a Prince, the son of Nawab Shahzaib Rizwan and his Begum Aafreeda  Shahzaib Rizwan. A Prince not born to rule the people but to rule their hearts , A Prince who was born for the people. "The Maseeha".After some days, this small Prince was named Shahzada Zein Shahzaib Waseem Rizwan, the one who was born for justice.
 Yes and in the same year on October 15, was born a beautiful Princess just like a lotus who was destined to live in the mud but amidst all bad circumstances to her, she was born to give the beautiful smell to other.The one born to fight for justice , for woman rights. She was born in Amarkot fort , in the blazing sun , glazing sand of Thar desert. She was the daughter of King Chittranjan Thakur , a  Rajput King and Queen Bhanumati. The little Princess was christened Princess  Krishnayani Chittranjan Thakur .
  These two souls unaware of their destiny were made for each other.Both Zein and Krishnayani grow into small , notty  children of 6 yrs. At that time, Rajput kings were scared that what  if the Nawabs conquer their kingdom.They can fight against Britishers bot about this nawabs... On the other hand,the Nawabs too hated Rajputs.This was the period of hatredness between all Hindus and Muslims.
Every day there was incident in which either Hindus killed Muslims or Muslims killed Hindu.On one .hand , all Rajputs were just waiting for one opportunity to defeat this Nawabs to know their army power and on the other hand , the brother of Nawab Shahzaib Rizwan , named Nawab Sharif-ud-din-Rizwan , the Nawab of Kabul died.
He left his two daughters Roekaya and Tazmeen to survive alone in this world . He was already a widower . Taking pity on his two daughters , Nawab Shahzaib Rizwan took decision that Roekaya , a six year old girl should be married with his son prince Zein , a six year old boy . At that time this child marriage was common . No one thought what the two little children , groom and bride wanted , only the thought was about this inhuman practice .
        Yes, this was the for the Rajput kings to have victory through some conspiracy as Roekaya and Tazmeen were unaware of their uncle Shazaib's wish about Roekaya's marriage . Rajput kings did not allowed this massage to reach Kabul to Roekaya instead they chose the most beautiful Rajput Princess who was Krishnayani  , changed her name to Razia as she refused to be named as Roekaya and she was taken to Lahore as a daughter Late Nawab Sharif -ud -din -Rizwan and their Razia was married to zen along with her Krishnayani's two elder brothers , Purushottam and Manikya disguised themselves as Salim and Sameer , the elder brothers of Roekaya . Nawab Shahzaib also died soon after. So whole Lahore kingdom main work were done by Manikya and Purushottam  and Zein became Nawab and Razia his queen . Day by Day as years passed they started living as husband and wife . 
            Salim and Sameer gathered all the possible information of Nawab's army and all the secrets of his kingdom . But one day both Manikya and Purushottam instructed Krishnayani that they will leave for Amarkot soon .Razia was unable to accept the truth that her marriage with Zein was nothing more than a conspiracy .She was used to gather all the secret information but forcibly they took Razia back to Amarkot . 
           At this time ,both Razia and Zein were sixteen year old . Ten years Krishnayani spent in Lahore as Razia . She just thought that how will Zein ,her Ammijan  Aafreeda think and react when they will know the truth . Krishnayani just prayed that please do all good to Zein , make him the greatest Nawab of this world .What else she could do .
          Four years passed by and by , Krishnayani now had just one goal and that was to stop all injustice against woman . Unlike other Rajput Princess , she never limited herself to the household chores rather she learned the warfare and became a great worrier. She made her voice bold against the age old Paradah system but while doing all this at some corner of her heart she was only Begum Razia.
          How can she forget her actual home, Lahore.But circumstances proved worst, from Lahore all courtiers and  nobles of Nawab Zein's kingdom wanted the crown of Marial - ul -  Zamrani back from Razia. The day came when after six years Zein and Krishnayani met not for any good occasion but to just take back Krishnayani's crown. That day, she could hardly control her tears.But a war on 1 August , 1947 broke between Rajputs and nawabs.
No one survived this devastating war except Zein and Krishnayani. But on August 15, 1947 when India and Pakisthan were divided , in the partition , they both too died. If Nawabs and Rajputs together would have fought against Britishers , then we would have secured freedom more easily. 
    But nothing left after freedom , all died , left were only two countries , India and Pakistan to fight against each other and to shed each other's blood whether it be in Kargil war or Taj Hotel bomb blast.............................

 

© 2015 Riddhi


Author's Note

Riddhi
I hope you will like my story and this story may give a new ray of hope for entire humankind......

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazingly detailed and seemingly accurate from a historical perspective and all other respects.. the only thing I might respectfully suggest is maybe the spacing could be doubled between paragraphs.. All Good Things, Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


Riddhi

5 Years Ago

Oh..I liked your suggestion..Now when i saw this again even I felt that there should be double spaci.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

no problem.. my pleasure entirely... :)
Tragic story and amazing retelling. I love how well put this piece was carefully crafted. It showed the struggles of what was happening. It showed more than just a simple struggle in war. It showed the external plot that was interwoven in the internal one. Both beautifully set up and neither clashed together to dominate one another. It focuses well on the matter at hand as well as the internal battle that was happening in the past. Keep up with the awesome work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Riddhi

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much..Actually I am currently writing a book on this plot..While writing the story I fe.. read more
Your strong part is the story telling. . . very nicely crafted. . . to highlight these type of scenerio is really praiseworthy. The ending was a touchy one and it left us regreting our past. . .the detailing of each charactrr was pitch perfect . . .as i am fond of love stories, so it needs a special place in my library. . your story was not only of romance but also very thought provoking. . . . keep on sharing

Posted 6 Years Ago


Riddhi

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your review...
"allowed this massage to reach". I think you wanted message rather than massage.

The title brought me to your piece as the year has importance to me. Many divisions within the middle east after WWII were an error. The results of the division at that time has brought us to where we are in our battles in the middle east today.

Women in your part of the world have battles with religious freedom and governmental controls against women. Stand strong and it will change, hopefully without a lot of bloodshed.

Nicely done history lesson.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much and i was not knowing this mistake ....Thanks for bringing it to my notice...
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Never a mistake, just a misquote. :)
Piece of history. These stories based on reality can be amazing if done correctly, but I think this might need a bit more work.

For any grammer problems, go to grammerly.com. The basic plan is free on certain browsers, and it will fix most mistakes that one can make. Great tool for anyone and everyone.
However, I think the more important part of any story is the structure, so I will not provide any grammer tips as your English is easily readable. Good job.

The format for this is somewhere in between an essay on Indian history, and a story. If you want to make it completely a story, you should focus on the characters more, instead of taking time to describe what is happening. Though the plot is really important, and you obviously want to transmit a piece of history, the characters come first, at least in a story this short.
So, you can make it longer and keep the history.

Unless it's supposed to be an essay. Then I wouldn't take the time to discuss the personal stuff, but talk about political incentives.

Overall, very imformative and powerful. I've always respected India as a country that has a very rich history, easily compareable to any European nation's. Thanks for sharing hope you keep up the writing!

Also, you have got to start sending me read requests. I might not even look at it otherwise...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Ok...Thanks for reviewing and i will really try to remember all your suggestions and correct my mist.. read more
I just want to thank you for entering this beautiful story into my contest! You're my first submission! Yay! ^_^ It's a very emotional and informative story--I think everyone would be better off for reading a story like this. I wish you lots of luck in my contest and look forward to reading more from you! ^_^

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thank you....i really appreciate your reviewing it...
No anyone says you are only 15 yrs. old girl from your style of writing.
Your story was really awesome & your point on the war between Pakistan & Hindustan that is remarkable.
I like your story & I think you have to book on it. No doubt it will be the bestseller.
:)))

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing..I appreciate it a lot..
A brave attempt at portraying a painful history:

'If Nawabs and Rajputs together would have fought against Britishers , then we would have secured freedom more easily.'
Perhaps in the story the complicated reasons can be brought to light.

With a bit of editing and spell-checks, this would make an even better story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing..I appreciate it...
I think this story has a big potential, but it could use more working on. Try to give the reader more background information on each of the characters, kingdoms and cultures and devote some time to each topic before you move to another one. It isn't very clear what the story is really about (mainly because it's difficult to keep track of all the various characters and events). And I really like the ending. So overall, it is difficult to really see the value of the story for someone who is not acquainted with the events.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Archos.First of all i am surprised that someone has reviewed this story..Its really boring and i agr.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1111 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 9, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015

Author

Riddhi
Riddhi

India



About
I am Riddhi , a 17 year old girl , a proud Indian...My friends say that i am antic but i am not antic rather i am unique..I am queen of mood swings and its really difficult to handle me...I love trave.. more..

Writing
Year 3016 Year 3016

A Poem by Riddhi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dream India Dream India

A Poem by Riddhi