Good Bye Old Friend

Good Bye Old Friend

A Poem by Kuntry
"

The death of a friend...And I HELPED!

"

 

It's my Fault! I pushed you to hard. I should have seen the signs. For months now I have noticed the changes but ignored them all the same. I shut you out of my life completely for two long years. Living without you became habit over time. But suddenly I found myself needing you once more. Sure it took a little work on my part but in the long run I always had faith that you would come around. That fire, that spark, that Drive, it was such a great day when you decided to show that once again. You always had your own special way of taking me places I had never seen before. But I pushed you to hard... I am the only soul on earth responsible for your demise. It has now become my burden to bare. This time I am afraid, there's nothing left to repair. No amount of Gold on this earth can bring us back together. You are no longer worth my time and energy.. Your Old.... Your Broken....Now whenever I run my hands over the curves of your long body. I feel things that once were not there. It's disgusting to me now just having that vision in my mind. Use to I could look at you for hours. You would just shine in the sunlight for all the world to see..I could see our children's reflections on you whenever they stood near. How they both depended on you at times to see that they made it just a little farther down the road. Now that you have faded away into a worthless piece of trash. They too are ready to let you go. So I must rid you from my sight forever. Why would I want to keep reminding myself of how it use to be.. Once what was, will never be again..

So now it's time that you be gone. Later today when no one is close by I will bind you with a chain and drag your crumpled body off into the woods. I have the perfect spot for you picked out already. I have planned this for months.

Soon enough you will be covered completely by natures elements. The wind and the rain will take it's toll on what is left of your body. In just a matter of months the rats and the bugs will make you their home.

It's time I faced this sad fact head on. I haven't the slightest of clues what will happen next.. How much time it will take to replace you remains a mystery.

But all the same..........YOUR STILL DEAD!

Good Bye Old Friend......RUST IN PEACE.........kuntry

© 2008 Kuntry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL well done, nice twist at the end. "rust I peace" � clever.
Well written
Well done
~Jazlean


Posted 16 Years Ago


What a wonderful write this is! I was convinced you were talking about your wife or your lover and was actually getting annoyed that you would think her worth was diminished just because she was getting older and her body was not what it once was. I smiled when I realized this was about your truck. Great work...Lydia

PS In many places in this story you used the word "your" and it should be "you're"

Posted 16 Years Ago


uffffffff! I was going to go away before the end, but something made me kip reading until the end!!! :) Lovely!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yes, the proper burial for a good truck, let it rust into the elements... I have seen the love of a man and his truck, and only death of the truck can seperate. Your letter to a friend is wonderful, interesting, just enough twist to make you wonder and then the goodbye in the end. Wonderful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008

Author

Kuntry
Kuntry

Wesson, MS



About
Sometimes I write because I am compelled by something so hard to explain, it becomes a challenge to bring it to light. Everybody knows you never challenge a Southern born man. Things we hold dear a.. more..

Writing
Just Look Just Look

A Poem by Kuntry


Redneck Runaway Redneck Runaway

A Story by Kuntry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..