God Is Nothing and So Are You

God Is Nothing and So Are You

A Poem by write_or_wrong

God is nothing and yet God exists. 

 

*********************************************************************************************

 

In Its truest form, God is the only nothing and its existence cannot be questioned. 

 

God is the nothing of which we are all inherently aware. 


God is the static noise in the background of existence, everywhere and nowhere at the same time. 

 

Primordial and eternal, God doesn't even know It exists. 

 

Being both out of reach and inside of us, God silently shouts. We are pervasively intrigued.

 

God, truly, is nothing.

 

 

*********************************************************************************************

 

God exists in the distinction between 'nothing' and the 'non-existent'. 

 

Being 'nothing', God cannot be truly described in words. Calling it 'God' taints it. Saying it is 'nothing' diminishes it. 

 

How do you say nothing?

 

How can our hands fathom the intangible? How should our ears fathom what we cannot hear? 

 

We cannot say nothing, though it begs to be said, and our only choice is to compare. 

 

As a mathematician will likely "see" God in numbers, so too should a botanist see It in plants. 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************

 

I see God as The Author of The Book of Life

 

I see an unpublished work-in-progress with a million typos and no editor. It's horrifying and beautiful. 

 

The book has no plot. It's wildly misunderstood. When you see it for what it is, it's honestly not even that interesting. 

 

The book has no planned ending and no clear beginning. You have no idea what page you're even on. 

 

The mediocrity of the story is hidden behind its vivid imagery and its muddled metaphors. Unaware of what they're reading, The Audience helplessly demands more. 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************

We are not that audience. We aren't even the characters. 

 

We are the parts that go unnoticed.

 

We are the syntax and the commas. The fraction sentences. We are the inferred tone of the dot dot dot…

 

We are the meaning behind the words, but the story exists without us.

 

Like a well-placed hyphen, we serve a purpose and have no worldly importance. 

 

We'll spend our whole lives, attempting to prove we are more than an unnecessary comma. 

 

No one wants to be a waste of ink in a pen that may run dry. 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************

 

What we fail to remember is that "The Author" is only a metaphor.

 

In reality, The Author has never touched a pen or seen a piece of paper.  

 

In reality, the pen is in our hands and The Author won't know the difference.  

 

© 2018 write_or_wrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on February 19, 2018
Tags: God, philosophy, beliefs, life, death, opinions, daoism, stoicism, boredom

Author

write_or_wrong
write_or_wrong

Ogden, UT



About
I can't do narrative and I hate fiction. Sorry. more..

Writing
Teach Teach

A Story by write_or_wrong