God Is Nothing and So Are You (2.0)

God Is Nothing and So Are You (2.0)

A Poem by write_or_wrong
"

This was actually the first version. This is the unchanged version. Still welcoming feedback.

"

God is Nothing and So Are You

I think that, over time, we have forgotten how vain it is to actually believe that God is a person. I mean, really… really think about it. People actually believe that we are the paradigm of perfection. People actually believe, in their heart of hearts, in an anthropomorphized thought who judges their every move. 

Personally, I see that as disgustingly vain and bordering insanity.

I also believe that, now more than ever, God cannot be viewed as having a notion of right and wrong. I think we need to stop praying long enough to understand that, because God is not a person, God does not have a moral compass and God will not intervene.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

God is nothing, but God still exists. In its true form, God is the one thing, the existence of which cannot be questioned. 

God is the nothing of which we are all inherently aware�"the static noise in the background of existence, everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Being both mysterious and obvious, God silently shouts. We are pervasively intrigued.

God has no name. God doesn’t even know God exists.

God is nothing.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

It is this distinction between ‘nothing’ and ‘non-existence’ that holds the key to understanding God. And it is through this understanding of God that, I believe, we can truly understand ourselves.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Being nothing, God cannot be truly described in words. Words are still… something. In fact, by calling It ‘God,’ It is immediately tainted.

But how else should we talk about It?

How can our hands fathom the intangible? Can our ears fathom what we cannot hear? 

How do we talk of nothing?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Einstein “saw” God in science and the exploration of the universe. I believe a mathematician would see God in numbers and complex problems.

We take what we know to explain what we feel.

I know writing. ………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I often think of God as “The Author” of The Book of Life. I see an unpublished work-in-progress with a million typos and no editor.

It’s horrific. It’s beautiful.

Contrary to what we’ve brought ourselves to believe, the book has nothing to do with us. As the reader reads, we mostly go unnoticed. 

We exist in the syntax and the commas. The fraction sentences. We are the inferred tone of the dot dot dot…

We are the meaning behind the words, but the story exists without us.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We should understand our personal punctuation and place it only where it is needed. We should not want to be the unnecessary comma, which can be removed and make no difference.

Like a well-placed hyphen, we should not demand attention. We should serve our purpose and stay quiet until we are needed again.

We should not want to be a waste of ink in a pen that may run dry.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

It is once we understand our purpose, or lack thereof, that we can unlock our potential. Once we accept that The Author has no idea he’s writing, we can also accept that we are of little importance.

And it is only then that we can really make a difference. 

© 2018 write_or_wrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on February 19, 2018
Tags: God, philosophy, beliefs, life, death, opinions, daoism, stoicism, boredom

Author

write_or_wrong
write_or_wrong

Ogden, UT



About
I can't do narrative and I hate fiction. Sorry. more..

Writing
Teach Teach

A Story by write_or_wrong