Finding Jayne Chapter Two

Finding Jayne Chapter Two

A Chapter by laceyjane23
"

Jayne discovers a horrible truth about her dreams.

"

CHAPTER TWO

 

“ Please somebody help me!” Those words jolt me from my sleep. I wipe my sweat soaked hair out of my face and look around the room. I let out a sigh of relief when I realize I am alone. Safe and alone in the guest room of Peter’s apartment. The room is simple yet comforting. There’s a five drawer dresser that sits next to a small closet. The walls are plain white, no pictures or art. Next to the bed there’s a night stand that holds a phone and a small desk lamp. The other side of the bed has a wood framed window that leads to a fire escape.

That’s it, that’s what I need. Some air I mutter to myself as I get out of bed. The hardwood floor feels cool against the bottom of my feet as I walk to the window. To my surprise it opens with ease. I guess I was just used to the windows in the hospital. No matter how hard you pushed and pulled they never opened. Designed to keep everyone in. As I stood in front of the window enjoying the breeze, I begin to think about my dream. It seemed so real, more real than the other ones I have had. The frightened look on the woman’s face as she screamed out the horrible words that woke me from my sleep. The fear in her voice sent chills down my spine. I shutter and close the window. I make my way back to bed, crawl in and drift off thinking about the woman.

The next morning Peter is already getting ready to leave for work as I am getting up. “Wow you go in on Saturday’s huh?” “Are you trying for employee of the month?” I say with a smirk. “ Ha ha.” “ Actually I have a big case, last night a prominent doctor was reported missing and the chief wants everyone on it.” “ Well don’t work to hard.” I say as I reach for a bagel on the counter. “ Are you gonna be o.k. here by yourself?” He asks with a worried look on his face. “ I’ll be fine you have a lot more channels on your TV. then the hospital.” I grin. “ o.k. well I will check in on you in a little bit, have a good day.” He says as he walks out the door.

I grab my bagel and sit on the couch . I begin to flip through the channels on the TV. when the local news program catches my eye. It’s a story about the missing woman. I sit there munching on my bagel half listening to the details when suddenly every muscle in my body freezes. I stare at the missing woman’s face on TV. it’s the same woman from my dream the night before.



© 2008 laceyjane23


Author's Note

laceyjane23
please bear with the formatt i am having computer problems, this is my first attempt at a fantasy so any feedback would be great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really good! The end was very mysterious. I really want to know what happens now. You should probably make it more clearer who is talking when Peter was leaving the house and talking to Jane. If possible, you should always be descriptive in everything. The beginning of both of your chapters were very interesting and just kept me hooked on your entire story. Keep on writing(:

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really good! The end was very mysterious. I really want to know what happens now. You should probably make it more clearer who is talking when Peter was leaving the house and talking to Jane. If possible, you should always be descriptive in everything. The beginning of both of your chapters were very interesting and just kept me hooked on your entire story. Keep on writing(:

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The only suggestion is perhaps add a couple of descriptive sentences about the dream otherwise this is a great start!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, you have a great start here. I really like the psychic dreams. I'm going to make a formatting comment. When you read stuff on screen it is much easier to read if there is more white space. So I would suggest placing a blank line between each of the paragraphs. Not only will that make it easier to read it will make it more likely for people to read it. A full page of writing with no apparent breaks can be very overwhelming. I'm looking forward to reading more of this story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this chapter is even more exciting,she is beginning to remember things,she is not criminal for sure ,but she could be a target ,surely somebody maybe running after her,i think its already beginning to unfold as she recognizes a face in her dreams and she saw it on TV,thats a very good beginning,her memory is starting to get back ,good news ,so lets wait and see the other chapter ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2008


Author

laceyjane23
laceyjane23

Mesa, AZ



About
Well lets see, I am 28 yrs old, and i love to write. I write poetry, lyrics, stories, articles, and I am currently working on my first book, and it has been quite an experience! I love life and I beli.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..