Chapter 1- Don't Go out in the Dark

Chapter 1- Don't Go out in the Dark

A Chapter by Jules
"

the dark is dangerous and dont we know it!

"

Chapter 1

 

Taking a deep breathe Ellis let out a huff of relief. He didn’t sigh Ellis never sighed. Escape was wonderful. It was cool and refreshing outside; compared to the stuffy over crowded ballroom he could hear behind him. He wandered down the dark hedge walk ways lit occasionally with little lanterns until he found a bench between bushes. He uttered a short, cynical laugh but sat down anyway. The two bushes either side were begonias. Apparently begonias meant dark thoughts and beware. It suited him. He leant back against the hard wood and closed his eyes trying to blank his mind. It was harder than normal but Ellis would let his mind remember that night. Instead he pulled out a small note book and started to write using the soft lantern light and the light of the full moon.

“What are you writing?” came a soft voice from the shadows. Ellis looked up startled and stuffed the battered notebook into his pocket.

“Who’s there?” he asked frostily. There was a rustle and the swish of skirt and a, taller than most, woman with dark hair appeared from behind the begonia.

“Hello,” she said with a cheery smile. She wasn’t at all timid to approach him. Although it was dark she must be able to tell who he was and usually women stayed away from him. Ellis also didn’t recognise her and he knew most people. She sat down next to him with out invitation. Ellis stared at her icily. “I’m sorry! But I thought you looked like you needed company.” She apologised looking completely sincere.

“No I do not need company.” He told her turning away and closing his eyes. Perhaps she would leave if he ignored her. But she didn’t go anywhere; instead she moved nearer and leaned against him so she didn’t dirty her dress on the bench. Ellis stiffened but didn’t move away. He turned his head and stared at her and she stared back. Startled he realised her eyes were purple of all colours. “Who are you?” she coloured up and Ellis realised she was embarrassed for the first time since she had approached him.

“Madeline East.” She told still him still sounding completely self assured despite her flushed cheeks. “It’s nice to meet you Lord Dexter.”

“So you know who I am but I still don’t really know who you are.” She smiled and laughed.

“You know my name is that not enough?”

“No.” Ellis told her bluntly. She stared at him but did not leave; still. He had hoped that like most women his unresponsive manner would scare her away. Instead she looked intrigued. Ellis stifled a grumble, would this woman not leave him alone? He picked up a bottle of wine and a glass from between his feet and filled it, savouring the rich fruity smell that was released as he uncorked it. Filling the glass he handed it to her and she looked down at it confused.

“You drink it woman.” He barked.

“Oh I know that,” she told him colouring a little more. “I was just unsure as to why you gave me a glass.”

“Well it would not be at all ladylike to drink from the bottle would it madam?” Ellis informed her with a tight lipped half smile that did not quite reach his eyes, taking a hearty swig from the bottle to prove his point.

“I suppose not,” she agreed after a moment’s hesitation, taking a sip of the wine in her glass. Ellis watch the delicate movements of her throat as she swallowed and felt a slight tug of attraction to this strange woman with the purple eyes and long sensuous neck.

“You will need to drink more than that if you want to keep warm unless you want me to keep you warm another way?” Ellis suggested wickedly. Madeline spluttered on the mouthful of wine she had just taken, indignation bright in her eyes.

“I regret that insinuation sir. Besides what desire would I have to let you kiss me?” she objected quickly, although regretting her choice of words after a moments more consideration.

“Have no fear Miss East, I never kiss a lady who is not willing although one kiss usually makes them more then willing and usually I stay clear of ladies they have no experience in the matter.” She was practically glowing now Ellis thought as he watched her blush spread, but she still did not leave. That gained her some of his respect and a few grams more when she drained her glass and held it out for more.

They drank together in silence till the bottle was empty and Madeline was swaying to the distant music of the party, a permanent rosy glow from the wine on her cheeks. Ellis watched as she danced a waltz by herself a natural more relaxed smile playing in his eyes. He felt better then before from his generous amount of drink, the edge of his memories and pain dulled slightly. Madeline however felt practically euphoric have drunk more then she had ever had before and swayed to the music a wide smile on her face. She was stopped suddenly by a strong warm hand on her waist and looked up startled at Ellis.

“No lady should dance alone even if she can’t kiss.” Het old her softly, pulling her close and leading her in the intricate steps of the dance. She felt as if she was floating on a cloud as Ellis whirled her around and around, the only thing stopping her from falling being his strong arms around her.

“How do you know I can’t kiss?” she asked suddenly, standing still. Ellis thought about it for a moment.

“I don’t but we shall soon see.” With that he lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her softly, caressing her lips with his. Madeline froze but instinct took over and she tentatively kissed back, imitating his method. Ellis knew she had drunk too much but he couldn’t resist any longer he had decided. She did not know how to kiss but he still enjoyed kissing her, feeling her try to learn what to do from him all of her stubbornness and know-it-all attitude gone and replaced with one of intrigue and curiosity. He pulled her tight against his body and Madeline relaxed into it naturally. This was much better than dancing with him she decided; instead of floating on a cloud she was flying through the air. He bit her lip gently and Madeline whimpered quietly, blushing at the noise she had made involuntarily. Ellis smiled against her lips feeling the heat of her blush against his skin. She was surprisingly responsive for someone so inexperienced and it spurred him on, when he should have stopped.

Madeline was startled when she felt his warm tongue trace the edge of lips and push between them to touch her teeth. It felt so unusual but completely right so she did not stop him. But she didn’t understand what he was trying to do still. Ellis groaned in frustration and Madeline stiffened in his arms scared she had angered him. He pulled away and kissed her jaw instead murmuring in her ear,

“You can not kiss my love open your mouth to me.” Then he kissed her again, more fiercely this time. Madeline was confused. If she could not kiss why was he still kissing her? The extra pressure on her mouth felt good and any questions she had left her mind and she reached up to wrap her arms around his neck. Ellis used his tongue to beg for entry to her mouth again and this time she involuntarily gave it to him, her mouth opening as she sighed into his mouth. Their breathes mingled and Ellis took his first sweet taste of her mouth. Madeline jumped in his arms as his tongue touched hers but was soon copying this new method. His hand slid to her bottom and he pulled her supple hips instinctively towards his own hard ones. Then he realised what he had done and what she could properly feel so close to him and released her, pulling away completely.

Madeline stood there flushed and gasping looking alone and small, hurt filling her eyes as Ellis grabbed the coat he had discarded on their bench and fled. She sank down on the bench, her knees shaking from desire, lips swollen and tears filling her eyes. She wiped them away angrily, she had no reason to cry but she felt as if some vital part of her had been torn out and he had run away with it.

~

Ellis sat in his dark study by a blazing fire; this time nursing a bottle of whisky and a heavy cut glass tumbler in each hand. He could not sleep. He had hurt yet another person with his selfish desires. At least he had not gotten so carried away as to rob her of something more precious then her first real kiss, although he could have easily. He sighed and lent back in his chair, downing his glass of whisky, picturing the strange and beautiful Miss Madeline East in his minds eye.

Madeline lay in bed feeling just as bad. Her head pounded from to much wine and her lips felt swollen and bruised, so much so that she was sure everyone would be able to guess what she had been doing if they saw them. It had not been her first kiss, but now she was not sure if the others had really counted as kisses. She doubted she would see Lord Ellis Dexter again after he had abandoned her in the garden. He had warned her however that one kiss would make her willing but she had not meant to be so willing.

Even in her tipsy state though, she saw a pain in his eyes equal to her own when he left her, regret evident on his angels face. Why would he look so hurt and haunted, even before he had stolen the kisses from her? He needed help, she could tell. She would help him; she resolved, blowing out the candle at her bedside. Even at the risk of being hurt by him herself.

 



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
this is the only chapter of this i have writen so i want lots of feed back of how its looking

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jules, you have so much talent. It's actually insane. Everything flows so beautifully, and I'm already a huge fan Ellis. He sounds hot, LOL. (Oh, and Aidan from Slipping Up is sooooo hot. I realize that he's a fictional character, but kudos for making me want to find him and -- appreciate his relationship with Melody).

You're really talented. Never doubt that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

oh my gosh. you are so talented. im jealous. lol. again love the details and i know a guy who tends to push people away. but its not working on me! haha. so far all of your stories have me yearning for more. keep up the good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was absolutely beautiful. i just recently kind of did the same thing as the dexter guy over the weekend. me and my girlfriend had spent alot of time together and we kissed constantly so this story really got to me and i enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I totally agree with spreadtheawesome on this chapter of yours! Totally amazing! Details, dialogue, characters, descriptions, scenes, events! They're all wonderful! I can't wait to read more! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jules, you have so much talent. It's actually insane. Everything flows so beautifully, and I'm already a huge fan Ellis. He sounds hot, LOL. (Oh, and Aidan from Slipping Up is sooooo hot. I realize that he's a fictional character, but kudos for making me want to find him and -- appreciate his relationship with Melody).

You're really talented. Never doubt that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jules, you have so much talent. It's actually insane. Everything flows so beautifully, and I'm already a huge fan Ellis. He sounds hot, LOL. (Oh, and Aidan from Slipping Up is sooooo hot. I realize that he's a fictional character, but kudos for making me want to find him and -- appreciate his relationship with Melody).

You're really talented. Never doubt that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Im not usually a fan of this style of writing, but you spin your tale excellently.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good. this will be such a great book!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree, this writing is coming along wonderfully. In fact, I thing you're one of the better writers I've seen on the site so far. It has a great flow to it and I like the interaction between characters. Can't wait to see what happens between them next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is coming along wonderfully. I love the words you used in this one. they just flooow ;]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really good. I normally dont read work like this but i really liked it so i give big thumbs up 8)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 10, 2009
Last Updated on September 10, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It Was Me It Was Me

A Poem by Haru