I Miss You

I Miss You

A Story by LadyRosaline

I haven't thought of this in years. But when I was a child, I had a pet pig that I called Mr. Oinkster (stupid name, I know). You probably wouldn't believe it, but pigs actually make great pets. I was even able to teach Mr. Oinkster how to sit and play fetch. I could never get him to roll over though. For all the joys of having a pet pig, though, there is a problem: They can eat a ton when they get big. As soon as Mr. Oinkster's diet became a problem, my father wouldn't have it. "That damn Pig is eating us out of house and home," He said. "We can barely afford to feed ourselves without having to feed the pig." My father was an a*****e, and he slaughtered poor Mr. Oinkster without even considering how that might make me feel. I was devastated. I wanted to have a funeral for Mr. Oinkster, but father and the rest of my family thought it would be more festive to have a barbeque instead. I cried. "What are you, a sissy?" My father asked me. "It was like killing two birds with one stone, or killing a pig and eating its flesh!" I cried harder. And I'll be damned if my dad didn't choke to death right then and there on one of Mr. Oinksters juicy riblettes. Serves him right. I always ask myself if I could have one of them back, who would I choose, my dad or Mr. Oinkster. Mr. Oinkster is the obvious choice, but then I think again. If Mr. Oinkster hadn't died then my father wouldn't have cooked him and choked on one of his dead parts. I miss you Mr. Oinkster, but to bring you back is to bring my father back, and I won't have that.

© 2013 LadyRosaline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reminds me of the expression ... so near yet so far away ... the feeling that is ... when love and disregard lived side by side and nobody ever complained. Nice write Lady.

Posted 10 Years Ago


LadyRosaline

10 Years Ago

Perhaps it is a catch 22, that is my favorite irony. (damned if you do , damned if you don't)
.. read more
This is a grim little tale. Dark humor, I guess...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 16, 2013
Tags: funny, animal, fiction

Author

LadyRosaline
LadyRosaline

About
Read, write, and be read, but always be yourself, for your voice is yours alone and originality can be found within, if no where else... Writing is an expression. I know, I can hardly read that sta.. more..

Writing