Pool of Stars

Pool of Stars

A Chapter by Wingless Fallen Angel
"

“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"
The woman sat on the edge of the pool, her eyes glassy. Images flickered over the surface of the water. Her dress sparkled with starlight. A man silently strode up to her and knelt next to her. His deep voice rang out across the small pond. "What do you see?"
"They are returning."
"The Dragon-"
"She will be first." The woman motioned with her hand, like she was pulling a string dangling towards the ground. The images froze and disappeared on the pool as some of the water rose out of it. The liquid shaped a younger girl, approximately eighteen. The water began flashing to reds and oranges from its original silver. It was perfectly detailed, each feature of her face, down to individual eyelashes. A dutch braid went across the back of her head and over her shoulder, and her hand was on her cocked hip, a sassy half smirk on her face. The girl was clad in leather boots that went over her knee, form fitting breeches, and a green short sleeved shirt. A quiver of beautifully crafted arrows was strapped to her back, and her left hand loosely held an intricately designed bow.
The man gasped. "No, anyone but her! It cannot be her!"
"It is her, Draporion. Your descendant will be first."
Draporion staggered backwards away from the pool. "No, no, no, no, no! This cannot be! Not her. It shouldn't be..."
"But it is. She is the one that will be the first savior. But she will also be the first to perish."


© 2014 Wingless Fallen Angel


Author's Note

Wingless Fallen Angel
Tolkien quote because I love LoTR.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing, and very sad despite it's length. A few mistakes, but nothing too bad, and the dialogue is pretty good. You could stand to work on your descriptions, "Her dress sparkled with starlight" is a little cliche. But I enjoyed this begninning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the input! I'm definitely going to go back and edit when I finish the book.
CLUTZ

11 Years Ago

You're welcome
I like it, will read on! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 8, 2014
Tags: Dragon, Fire


Author

Wingless Fallen Angel
Wingless Fallen Angel

Lake Ann, MI



About
I'm Wingless Fallen Angel, obviously. Call me WFA, Wingless, Fallen, Angel, or any combination of the above! I love to write and read and not do arithmetic. I'm open to talk to you, about whatever. Me.. more..

Writing