The Cherries of Comfort

The Cherries of Comfort

A Poem by Tai Ryens

The world roars in my deaf ears,
I do not listen.

Wind blows at a wisp of my hair
obscuring my vision,
my mirror shatters beneath
the weight of the world,
ripples of water cradle the
spaces between my toes.

And still I claim this world
does not want me.

© 2014 Tai Ryens


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Freaking whaaaaaaat!!!!? Another shadow wandering the streets of an unappreciative world. So relatable. You speak for a bunch of us, my friend (if not all), and this is amazing. The second usage of "world" actually undermines the power of the other two, given how short the piece is and how the musicality runs. Another word to convey the message would be advisable, then this would ring with perfection!! Absolutely marvellous!! Well freaking done!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


I love how vivid this piece is. greatly penned. the intro is amazing and really had me intrigued and the conclusion definitely left me thinking,

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind review!
this is short yet powerful.. carefully chosen, descriptive words that evoke profound emotion.. it is also thought-provoking and I love when the two come together like this... this one is ironic in its title and feeling that you walk away with.. for it is far from comforting the thought that you are not wanted by the world.. it starts off strong then whisks you away in the middle to deliver the punch at the end... well done.. really enjoyed this...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping by and leaving behind your thoughts.
I feel this poem so much. It happens to me all the time. This brought me thoughts about the difficulties I'm facing lately. It's very depressing and at the same time, I don't know why I felt a little bit relieved after reading this. Probably because it spoke so much of my inner emotions. This was powerful and breathtaking. I like the imagery. It was very well-portrayed. Oh, tough times. Gotta let it go at once. An excellent poem, Tai. This shall go to my library! It's beautiful. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Glad it struck a chord, thank you for your kind words.
This has so much heart and soul in it..it is terrific..bravo on a job well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Anne Timmins!
Amazing how such a poem can have different meanings each time I reread it. I love it, Tai.

Your writing voice has matured much so in my absence from this site. It's a joy to read your works again. :)

"And still I claim this world
does not want me."

Try as we may to do everything in our power to please this world, it only results in us baring the weight of it upon our shoulders.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Welcome back, Summer, your presence was duly missed; I do hope you're here to stay!
I thank yo.. read more
Hauntingly sad Tai...I'll never think of cherries quite the same way.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Frieda! Haven't seen you around in awhile, the site has been missing you. Thank you for the delight.. read more
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Awh thanks Tai, muchly appreciate, you know silly life gets in the way of poetry...have missed you t.. read more
Want, you ? No this world needs you, a balance to counter the weight of bananas,green gassed going to feed the mass.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Than you for your kind words, lee von cleef.
Wow, this was so surreal, and the ending was powerful. The way that you showed the big and small ebbing at the reader, clearly trying to get in... and yet you do not belong. It is a message which is cliche with how much it is written about; but this is anything but cliche. It has transcended mere angst to more of an existentialist expression. I have nothing to say which is complimentary; which if you were familiar with my reviews, you would know it is praise of the highest caliber.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

You're far too kind to me, aha, I thank you kindly for your lovely words.
yo tai! long time no? missed reading your work an this is no exception. keep it up man!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

A long time indeed. Thank you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1180 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 26, 2014
Last Updated on May 26, 2014
Tags: existential, ?, poem, poetry

Author

Tai Ryens
Tai Ryens

Bay Area, CA



About
I must start that I am not as active as I should be on this site, though I do tend to drop by every now and then and review what I can from friends and those whose works I enjoy. Currently, I am dippi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forsaken Forsaken

A Poem by Tai Ryens


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse