I'm Yours

I'm Yours

A Poem by Tai Ryens
"

Some forms of love cannot be understood.

"

I long for the way you used to make me feel,
How you convinced me that nothing exists;
The time we danced in the lonely darkness,
The way you stole air from my lungs with a kiss.

 

I will be yours but you will never be mine,
That is the way it is supposed to exist for eternity;
Not a soul can ever comprehend this relationship,
And how it could have me leaping with glee.

 

Many wonder how I could stand such madness,
Claiming that what I do is a mistake;
But my love for you will always be overwhelming,
And my soul is yours, not to share with me,..
                                                         But to take.

© 2012 Tai Ryens


Author's Note

Tai Ryens
Could anyone spot who my character has a love for?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To me, the entire poem screams death. I'd think of this as being the work of a sociopath, who has come to face his love alone at last. An impressive, inspiring piece. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful poem. Haunting in a way. I couldnt guess who the love is for:/ oh well. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I was attracted by your name, as it is mine!lol but not exclusively and only my shortened nick name...I am very pleased to read this lovely romantic muse of yours though, it skips along with the power of all consuming love, and the final line is precious.

Good to meet your work

Smiling at you

Tai

Posted 11 Years Ago


i could literally feel my heart drop as I read this good work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emotional and heart grasping. Death and Love. Love falls to Death. It's beautiful. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Technically, this is another well written poem, Ryan. Good work.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with xxxrawr_friendxxx, I believe your character is in complete love with death. It's a great poem, amazing vocabulary choices and the flow is smooth. Well written, another great one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think it's Death lol. But whoever it is, this poem is extremely well written and I really like it. :3 There are multiple perspectives when you love something you can't have...some think it's sad, others think it's happy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Since I am new to your writings and without a depth of understanding your persona, I shall take the words you have written and just use my own imagery here. On this level I can relate to the words, beyond your imagery unto yourself. It is dark emotions either way it is comprehended and a very good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


it could be the Count himself.
Who ever the character is, this is well penned.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012
Tags: dark

Author

Tai Ryens
Tai Ryens

Bay Area, CA



About
I must start that I am not as active as I should be on this site, though I do tend to drop by every now and then and review what I can from friends and those whose works I enjoy. Currently, I am dippi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..