Six Months

Six Months

A Story by LlamaLord
"

The story of one of my sister's relations with a boyfriend, as well as my own perspective on it. Unfortunately, he passed several years ago

"

    Six months ago was the day that my dear sister began loving. She began loving herself as well as another. I took it like any brother would. I went about my own self-conscious business while tending to the small needs of my family. Now, let me set a foundation for you so that you can understand just what I’m talking about. 
 
    I want you to take a second and imagine this with me; a couple, so well bonded and so perfectly together, that they live as one. They each have families. They each have lives. They each have reputations and friends. Now imagine every ounce of happiness stripped from the vine of those relationships, and thrown in the trash. Every single bit of joy robbed from their heart after spending six, long months making sure it was protected in every single way. She put so much time and effort into building a wall, only to have it torn down by the one who built it. No, not herself, but the now, never-ending labor of a friend. Imagine that my friend and you can stop reading. 
 
    The effort to keep a relationship alive for six months is truly something these days. However, I prefer quality over quantity. My sister and the man, who held it together, had both of these things. They had the quantity of a lifetime and the quality of a pure, honest life. I looked up to this relation seeking a love like that to be something of my own. I took the route of a by-standard and observed these two for six months. Learning everything from drugs to sex, I advanced into something called, “True Love”. 
 
    It is when you experience True Love, that you find the one person in your life that can change you. The one person that can move you back onto the track and encourage you to keep racing. That one person in my life is still with me. She is, without thinking, the most wonderful person I have ever met. Following me through the hard times I will soon tell you about, is my dearly beloved sweet-heart.  Throughout this piece, her name is carefully weaved in and out of each line, because she made it possible for me to keep living. For that, I owe her everything. 
 
    Every day, the passion of my sister is brought to my attention. In the form of dialect or in the form of love, she expresses this in the best way. Occasionally, she can grasp the rawness of a tigers hate and let it flow from her hot-head in the form of actions, as well as words. Sometimes, she will not even accept the fact that you hold an opinion, until hers is abruptly placed in front of you. But, my sister has something special. She also holds the gentle affection of puppy. She can sit and listen to you for the longest time while you are letting out your deepest and darkest emotions. Anonymous explains the meaning of what I try to explain in this quote… 
 
"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say." 
 
    
My sister, continuously, acts as a best friend. She would never let a hurt soul be unheard without at least one act of kindness. That is why my sister can be the best sister in the world, as well the pain you feel daily. 
 
 
 
 
    Six months ago, my sister came to the house with a teenager that I had no intention of getting to know. He greeted me with cool slang terms and I greeted him with a verbal slap-to-the-face. Being downright rude, I interrupted, as well as annoyed my sister and her friend. Throughout the day, I spent my time lighting firecrackers outside and screaming ear-catching phrases, just to get their attention. Now, keep in mind, this was six months ago. Never again will I judge another guy the same way. As for chicks…well, I just won’t put that in writing. 
 
    From that day on, he started coming over once a week. I soon learned what he did in his spare time. Often, I just sat and thought about how I could be more like him. Looking up to him was one thing, while being him was another. He was into everything and knew everyone. Everywhere we went, he had been and introduced us to at least one person, before we could even mutter the names of each other. My new bro. 
 
    It wasn’t until two months later that I found my judgment to be entirely off. He was “The Coolest Person to Ever Live”. He had tried everything under the sun. He had done everything worth a thrill and anything worth some fun. Occasionally, he would take me with him and my sister. With it being, every time, the highlight of my week, I found myself waiting for the next visit.

    Through the first couple of weeks I knew him, I
got to know him better and better. He actually brought my talents of technology forward, so that even I could realize just what I've been up to. My graphic designs and the videos I made with my friends all seemed to impress him, which was exactly the goal. To receive a compliment from him was... wow. All day, it would be running circles in my head. The comment would literally put my mind in a trance. Soon enough, I was seeing him everyday. This was when the dating started.

    Of course, I looked forward to seeing him everyday. He would come through my back door, sit down in a seat at my counter, and talk to me and my sister. Most of the time my family would offer him food, and with a never-say-no guideline, he would accept the offer. Whether it be a grease infested hot pocket or a microwavable hamburger, he would eat through it, just as I did. Then after having a little snack, we would run upstairs to my computer room. Telling him every detail and aspect of all the things I was doing on my computer, we would sit with our Diet Cokes in hand. Days seemed to pass so quickly. My sister and this great guy were together. They were happier than ever and so was I.

    He was, sure enough, a blessing to my family. Bringing along togetherness and bonding time, he consistently fine-tuned my family. My mom would talk about his leaking car that he parked in front of our house, while my dad on the other hand, would bring to the table some of his original "lingoes". Of course, this was all in good fun. We never meant any offense what-so-ever. We simply took pride in our cleverness by joking around with him.

    I remember my sister and my mother's birthday. They have their birthday on the same day, so our entire family went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. My sister's boyfriend came along, automatically a welcome member of our family. He spiced up the night telling us stories about things he had done or places he had been. No one minded because everyone loved them. Heading towards the end of our meal, some waiter came up to our table to bring my sister some birthday desert. My new bro asked if they sang. Sadly, they didn't have to. Well he simply would not take it, so we all sang my sister and my mother a loud happy-birthday tune. In the car on the way back home, "mustaches" were brought up because he and I were comparing facial hair. He was talking about something, and then said the words, "rad mexi stach". This of course, got the attention of my dad. In conclusion, on the way home, none of could forget the rich lingo he had mentioned.


    There were many times where we had adventures such as these. Most of them were awesome times... Like the time my sister and him took me to Michael's to get some art supplies. It was on of the first experiences I had with the wreckless side of this guy. He would blast some up-beat, hip-hop music while keeping his eyes on the road instead of the speed limit signs. This was a little nausiating, but I will admit, it was on of the funnest things I have ever experienced.

    Once things were going great, my sister and her boyfriend started fighting. Not huge fights, but little offensive side-comments. Consequently, things started to change and fights would clear out a room. My new bro starting stopping by twice a week, tops. I would call him and attempt to stay in touch, but at the time, things were just too busy for him to even send me text message. Eventually, after about 6 months, my sister and her boyfriend went their separate ways, leaving me and my family behind. Enough emotion and drama was spread throughout my family to the point of not even mentioning his name. (which I have purposely not mentioned in this piece) Sometimes when I do, I find myself in a similar trance as before. Mainly because I remember I love him and I care about him, to this day.

    I don't know what he does anymore. I don't know where he goes anymore. I don't know him like I used to and it makes my insides ache, because I care so much about him. I'll always be there for him and I'll always want to help him.

    My sister, on the other hand, is still right by my side and we have a stronger relation than ever before. We trust each other and we love one another. In ways, he made us stronger. In ways, he made more careful. In ways, he made us more alert that even a love with the density of solid steel, can be penetrated.

    All I know, is that he lost my sister in a battle of love. They fought with words and actions only to reveal to one another what and who they really are. In the end, their emotions were revealed to leave nothing but scarred tissue and a naked soul. Through time, they will replace the gaps and rebuild their hearts... For a love can never be to powerful.


-Austin Davis

© 2021 LlamaLord


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
Added on August 15, 2009
Last Updated on February 21, 2021

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..