Porcelain

Porcelain

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

Life through the eyes of a porcelain doll :)

"
Such a delicate, envied life of fragile simplicity.
One could only hold failed desires of a life worth dim comparison.
Oh such grim perfections of the world, beheld in precisely centered pupils of the finest marble glass.
Time slipping through the glass eyes, meaningless?
Never blinking, never permitted to momentarily cease sight of the ever changing atmosphere beheld in a shiny, fixed stare. Peripherals fixated on every passing silhouette, posing the question of which lacks more life- the dismal passerby, or a still-life doll, wasting graceful beauty away on a filthy shelf.
Whitened pale, hard plastic skin, with a mirror-like shine when the light of day lay upon it as a warm blanketing of the sun’s rays.
Rays with secretly set intentions of unmasking the neglected beauty; intentions of releasing such mesmerizing features of which one could blossom affectionate love. Love.
Unrelated, exotic, distant.
For who would cast undying emotion into one unable to return such bliss perfection? Though love, may it be the shimmering light upon the marbled glass is due in full to the ever-present glistening moisture of sorrow in thou’st eyes?
Grief in the absence of agape?
Agony, anguish, despair.
Surely the resting place of such abandoned, treasured elegance will not remain constant upon the also relinquished shelf.
Fair, devoted beauty
certainly deserves a much more proper place of eternal resting.
Much more fitting.
Belonging more so in a bedded field of lilacs and clovers.
There, at surely least, thou may be gifted with the perpetual spectacle of blissful harmony.
Rest here, my love, rest in harmony with my adoration of your respectful beauty.

© 2012 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcomed! But please don't tell me to shorten it. I can't. Hahah :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great title.... great poem, and great ending!
Love how you described the scene in this part:
"Peripherals fixated on every passing silhouette, posing the question of which lacks more life- the dismal passerby, or a still-life doll, wasting graceful beauty away on a filthy shelf."

Great line here, simple yet fitting:
"Belonging more so in a bedded field of lilacs and clovers. "



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was so beautiful, I loved how you described it. "For who would cast undying emotion into one unable to return such bliss perfection?" I adored that line. I have a porcelain doll and it reminded of of it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm sure you were going for something entirely different with this piece, but I actually thought it was kinda creepy. But I guess I've always felt that way about dolls...in any event, I really liked this one. You've got a great way with words, and you really made the doll in question "come to life", as it were (which is probably why I was creeped out to being with).

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was really good! I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful words from a poet expert in expression and emotions, bringing life to an inanimate object from a different perspective. Very good use and range of words to describe a porcelain doll. Very matured and interesting poem and certainly not lacking in your usual style! Keep the good work up. Hope you can review more of my work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. I loved it, sweet and very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think the length is fine! I like your word choice, the entire piece flows very very nicely. Good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great! :DD Very nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is wonderful, I loved the ending of this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great title.... great poem, and great ending!
Love how you described the scene in this part:
"Peripherals fixated on every passing silhouette, posing the question of which lacks more life- the dismal passerby, or a still-life doll, wasting graceful beauty away on a filthy shelf."

Great line here, simple yet fitting:
"Belonging more so in a bedded field of lilacs and clovers. "



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2012
Tags: dolls, life

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life's Offer Life's Offer

A Poem by Thea