I Dream of Disney

I Dream of Disney

A Story by Alana McGuire
"

My childhood dreams full of classic disney movies! :)

"

My dreams began in Halloween Town where I helped the heroic Jack Skellington save Christmas and serenade the lovely Sally.
And of course I pulled a few harmless tricks with Lock, Shock, and Barrel! Although Bambi, Thumper, and Flower are much better company.
..There I learned it's better to give than recieve.
On I went, to Neverland, where I held on to Dumbo as he used his ears to fly us a few trips around the clock tower with Peter Pan and Wendy. I never want to grow up!
..They taught me the power of truly believing.
I then desired to meet more people and share new experiences, so I was off to visit Pinocchio, although I ended up spending a week inside Monstro the whale, doing nothing but playing Go Fish. Go figure!
..He taught me to always tell the truth.
While I was still underwater, I sang a few melodies with Ariel, Flounder, and Sabastian.
Being a mermaid was incredible!
..They taught me to never give up on your dreams.
When I returned to land, I decided to climb Rapunzel's golden locks to the top of the tower, where we played dress up and shared fun stories over a plate of spaghetti with Lady and the Tramp.
..They taught me everyone needs some freedom.
I then decided to give Oliver some Company by bringing along Todd and Copper on our trip to The Hundred Acre Woods.
Who knew a fox and a hound could get along so well?
..They taught me that everyone needs a friend.
Following the trip, I met up with the classy princesses for a sleepover and giggled as we admitted that Tarzan would look dashing in a tux. No surprise that Aurora fell asleep first!
After the fun was over, I requested Hercules to pull the sword out of the stone so I could courageously bring honor to them all with Mulan and Mushu. The cricket was so cute!
..They taught me to never give up and try my hardest, even when the odds are against you.
After the war, I found myself tumbling down a hole to the mysterious Wonderland, where I enjoyed a lovely tea party while wearing the Mad Hatter's beloved hat!
..They taught me that size doesn't matter.
I wish I could have brought you to Agrabah with me, where I made more sand castles with Abu and Genie than I had yet been taught to count!
I then decided to test my counting skills by hugging the adorable aristocats and all 101 dalmation puppies as I counted each of them.
..There I learned that love has no limits and nothing to do with money.
Speaking of money, I then met up with Robin Hood and helped him give to

the poor, but only after singing about painting with all the colors of the wind with Pocahontas.
..She taught me to respect nature and everyone around me.
After doing the swingdance with Mowgli and Baloo, I made my way to the Pride Land where I welcomed in the new king, Simba, and laughed as Timon and Pumbaa argued over which bugs were more tasty.
..They taught me not to leave anyone behind.
I then decided I would travel to Notre Dame to ring the bell with Quasimodo and learn to gypsy dance with Esmeralda.
Lastly, I helped the Beast control his temper in hopes of impressing the kind-hearted Belle.
..And most importantly, they taught me that genuine beauty is on the inside, and that is where you learn to love.

And who says your dreams can't teach you anything? ;)

© 2013 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcome! I hope you like Disney. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this was stunning! I was drawn in to the magic of your words and the trip into all of the Disney movies. this was so entertaining and fun to read! I felt myself being drawn in to each and every one of those movies. Makes me wanna go watch them all again and relive the dreams and excitement in each one. You brought the characters to life in this and it really made the piece fun! This was so creative... I can't even explain how much it is! This was very well-done! Thank you so much for writing and sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

yes this was very cute i enjoyed a lot very creative

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wow, I didn't think I was going to like this but I really did:) This is so incredible not just the story itself, but also the lessons that come with it. This is so creative:)! Great job:)!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! I may be 20, but I think I'll always love Disney. :)
RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

I'm really glad you entered my contest btw:)
Alana McGuire

10 Years Ago

So am I :)
Okay first off I love Disney.
Too cute!:
"On I went, to Neverland, where I held on to Dumbo as he used his ears to fly us a few trips around the clock tower with Peter Pan and Wendy. "

Haha humorous with the Go Fish:
"visit Pinocchio, although I ended up spending a week inside Monstro the whale, doing nothing but playing Go Fish. Go figure!
..He taught me to always tell the truth.

Cute... love them and love this part:
"While I was still underwater, I sang a few melodies with Ariel, Flounder, and Sabastian."

Love how you brought the Lady and the Tramp into this part:
"When I returned to land, I decided to climb Rapunzel's golden locks to the top of the tower, where we played dress up and shared fun stories over a plate of spaghetti with Lady and the Tramp."

I love a lot of Disney movies, such classics, and that fox and hound movie is so touching... creative how you used The Hundred Acre Woods:
I then decided to give Oliver some Company by bringing along Todd and Copper on our trip to The Hundred Acre Woods.
Who knew a fox and a hound could get along so well?

Hahaha now I'm picturing Tarzan... always see him in the jungle though, a tux could suit him lol:
"Following the trip, I met up with the classy princesses for a sleepover and giggled as we admitted that Tarzan would look dashing in a tux."

Gotta love the cricket he was indeed cute:
"After the fun was over, I requested Hercules to pull the sword out of the stone so I could courageously bring honor to them all with Mulan and Mushu. The cricket was so cute!"

Creative, love the 101 Dalmatians and the movie Aladdin as well as the aristocats:
"I wish I could have brought you to Agrabah with me, where I made more sand castles with Abu and Genie than I had yet been taught to count!
I then decided to test my counting skills by hugging the adorable aristocats and all 101 dalmation puppies as I counted each of them."

Lol love The Lion King and Timon and Pumbaa... that is funny, them and their bugs:
"I made my way to the Pride Land where I welcomed in the new king, Simba, and laughed as Timon and Pumbaa argued over which bugs were more tasty."

Your creativity is just like the Disney movies... this was so brilliant and clever, fun, funny, cute, meaningful.
Made me smile. Love the colors in this as well, made it all the more playful and creative. Your imagination is shown well in this with the creativity.
Love it, and love Disney movies... too cute. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was sooo cool :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Very nice poem! I absolutely loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


BBBBBrilliant and cute concept of writing!!!! Refreshingly new approach to express yourself using Disney's characters. A very good idea as well as an enjoyable, and colourful read. Disney people would be interested in this piece of work for their promotional purposes. You could sell the rights to them for your work of art!!! You don't have to improve it any further, you nailed it!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a fascinating read because of my reaction. At first I shied away from it. I thought 'Disney? Nah.' But I came back and did read it. I confess I was thinking of how the old man was a monster and a slave driver and how his animators were exploited. Hey ho. I also recall a stressful trip to Disneyland Paris. No matter. Now then! I don't know about the moral lessons of the stories. But what I will say is this. They are all great, great stories. I wld say there is more pure sentiment -- not a bad thing -- than moral worth to them. I recall seeing Bambi when I was a kid. It is one of my earliest memories. And I took my dau to see Pocahontas when she was little. It was her first trip to a cinema. And I will never forget that line in 101 Dalmations: 'What kind of a sycophant do you want me to be?' So I enjoyed the read because it peeled away some crusty prejudices and made me think how important Disney is in millions of lives, my own included. I wonder what the future holds for them though? The post war decades were relatively easy decades with America in a mostly settled mind-set. The rights and wrongs of life were more defined. Now, who knows? And kids are not permitted to dream in the way they used to. Well done!

p.s. I've just remembered that I used to have to play the crab when I took my dau swimming, was his name Sebastian? Happy days.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was very creative of you... I love Disney, especially Tigger(:
VEry well thought-of and I loved the colors you used for each of the characters. Absolutely wonderful(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


i have to say, as a personal disney maniac this for me is amazing :D you totally captured all and everything i would say coems to mind when disney is said to me :D i love love love disney and i love love love this well done, favourite for me :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1537 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: Disney, dreams, childhood, little, kid, movies, child, children, cute

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy


~ True Love ~ ~ True Love ~

A Poem by Legacy