Endless Story

Endless Story

A Story by lanhudiee
"

When love becomes more powerful than we thought it would be

"

I’m wandering around without purpose tonight, the night is getting old yet I can find myself comfortable in my VIP suite. It’s no longer the same, it’s cold, and it’s foreign.

Even the spring in here is also give me foreign feeling. Spring and sakura are always my favourite before and this is also our way to met back then.

He was stunningly beautiful that day, when accidentally my lens captured him. He stood under the sakura tree leaning forward to the wooden rail bar admiring the river before him. He wore �" I supposed to be �" suit designer whether it’s Armany or Valentino. How come for a man he could be so beautiful? And my lens can’t stop capturing him, his blond hair, and his pierced captivated me more than I ever did for any other object.

I sat down on the bench observing him and not long after another man approached him, maybe his assistant or something I don’t know.

I left the bench once he was vanished from my sight and began to find the other object.

It was years ago.

I sighed in deep heavy breathe. I was fresh graduated back then and travelling was my ultimate dream and photography was the reason why I was there and why I was met him but...

Tonight I sat at the same place I watched him silently back then, I can picture him on his spot where I snapped my camera. Absent-mindedly I hit shuffle on my I-pod and soothing voice came through to my ear

If you haven't changed your mind
I want you to stay with me tonight

I closed my eyes and listen to the song intently, recalling those sweet memories we’d share and how absurd our first meeting was.

‘Excuse me Sir, your car is ready,’ one of hotel staff told him and he seemed confused by the staff who speak Japanese instead of English or Chinese I supposed �" well I think he is Chinese, judging from his features.

‘Where’s my assistant?’ he asked the staff who looked as confused as him when she spoke Japanese, well I concluded both of them won’t go anywhere since none of them know what their speaking about.

‘Excuse me Miss, do you like to laugh about when other people having hard time in conversing?’ a voice came as if it slapped me and earth on to me. He was speaking English.

I didn’t realize if I laughed at them!

I smiled nevertheless, ‘she said your car is ready Mr.’ And I almost chocked with my green tea bubble tea when I saw his eyes widened, surprise. His surprise expression was priceless.

And that’s no surprise for me, I’m multi-languages. I smirked.

Long story short, I become his translator for a week. A fateful week for me, for us. He was actually multi-languages as well unfortunately Japanese was not in his list.

Drake Lee, his name is Drake Lee and I can’t help but smiling like crazy at that time, dragon, he looked like a dragon, though. A CEO from one of powerful company, I don’t know what company since I don’t have interest on business things.

The reason I’m here with my camera.

I runaway from my family, and decide to live on my own instead of being an heiress.

I'm tired of pretending to be strong
I was too young

Two years passed by, after the decision that we made. A year of our wonderful togetherness can’t erase my temptation to travel and taking picture. Fight after fight and argue after another finally reached at its limit. And after long talked we �" or mostly from me �" decided to part. We follow our own path before we meet each other.

The lines of the song hit me, it just like the other night, sleepless night I spent not knowing where he was, while I resume my journey alone. Book after book I released, exhibitions after exhibitions I joined and numerous award I received yet I feel weaker time after time.

I often have to fight my self back to open his company site, just to fulfilling my curiosity about him, about what he was up to, about how he was doing.

Yeah I was too young and too stubborn back then until I didn’t realize, the thing I’m looking for is already in front of me.

Every time I think about you baby
Now I can say it, I miss you
It's so hard to say I'm sorry

The next lines I can’t hold back my tears any longer. It boiling hot in my cheeks and I don’t bother to wipe it away. I let it flow; I let myself crying my heart out under the breeze spring wind.

Spring which supposed to be a happy times for the life was about to begin after long suffering freezing winter. But it was not for me. Spring is when the wound about to re-open and bled.

I closed my eyes imagining he’s here holding me on his arm and singing our favourite song together, or when I kept on capturing him with my camera while he was painting something in his �" rare �" free time.

        I want to keep singing this song

For you, not for anyone else

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever

The night growing old and I slowly stood up, the side-walk was quite to some people still rushing to and fro, maybe to catch the last train.

Last train.

I think I was missing my last train already. The moment I walked away from him two years ago, the moment I left him just for �" I thought �" my own satisfaction of my ultimate dream. Only now I realize, nothing last forever, even my dream, the only one my reason I did silly things to reached it but it actually end up with nothing. No satisfaction, no proud and no more ambition to reach the higher level. I have no spirit anymore. My only reason why I keep flying was different from before, I had to keep moving, I had to keep flying so he wouldn’t occupying me too much. So I can continue my life.

Another tear fell down as I open my VIP suite room, just spring last year we shared this room and recalled how our first meet in this hotel 3 years ago.

***

It’s about 3 PM in the afternoon when the plane had finally touched down. Everyone moving up through the narrow aisle and I decided to wait until it less crowded.

The flight attendances bid me goodbye and well here I am now.


Prague


The old city that keeps many stories and romance I guess. Why I am here? It just because I want to and once we ever talk about to visit this city if we have time, okay if HE has time, since as successful business man he does really have limited time to hang around.

Spring in here is quite different with the one happen in Japan, of course Japan has the signature event who only happen in that beautiful season, cherry blossoms. While in here all I can see is the old-style building that standing reaching up the sky.

The view from my hotel room was enough for me to enjoy sun set and there wonderful Charles Bridge down there adding the magnificent beauty of the old city.

Unfortunately just by capturing the nature beauty, the flash of his face forming vividly in my eyes. If only he was here, he would quickly transfer the beauty before me on the canvas.  

Sighed, why did he come again, I’m million mills away from him already yet I‘ve never be free from him. Not one in a bit

Memories of our time together
Don't erase them, don't go away
Just let them melt warmly, I want to make sure
These drops of tenderness spread out in my heart
I'm missin' you so much it hurts
Our hands overlap, don't let go

Those sweet and beautiful memories are never leaving me in peace because whenever I remember it, it gives me painful stab in my chest. Sometime I wonder did he forget me already?

Acknowledged it was my mistake, I won’t be surprise if he did. He had the right to do that after all. Many nights I wished him to come to me; I want to ask whether if I have another chance, whether we could fix thing again but the coward me keeping me to runaway.

When I’m all alone I’ll crying out loud about how much I miss him, about how I feel nothing without him, about how cold I am being away from his embrace. I want to come to him,  I want to be in his embrace.

I want to say don’t let me go ...


If just one wish could be granted
I want to keep singing this song once more
It's an endless story, filled with unceasing love
Tell me why, tell me, forever

If I’m asked about something that last forever or at least will last longer, then I’ll say it was my love for him. From being apart mills away and years already, I still can smell his scent on my body, I can clearly feel his touch, and only his warmth that keeping me alive during the freezing winter.

What is it?

Is the love could be that powerful?

I won’t say yes until today, until I suffered from this sickness. For me now, this will become my endless story, endless journey. I’ll keep moving until I have another reason why I should stop and so, I’ll keep singing this song. The only our precious treasures when we were together.

Our memories line.

Together.



I want to keep singing this song
For you, not for anyone else
It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever

The dinner hall is quite tonight, probably because it isn’t holiday season. I saw a big fancy piano in the corner of the restaurant. All of sudden the urge of singing came into my mind and I asked to the staff whether I could play just for one song.

Just then my mind is clear, I know exactly what I wanted this feeling is so strong and possessed me. I played with all my heart; I wanted to shout out loud how much I love him. How much I need him.

Tears began streaming down but I keep playing, I want to cherish every second of it, every line of our song so then when I wake up I could find courage to go to his embrace.

I was about to stood up when my blurry eyes landed on the tall figure that towering in front of the piano.

My legs are shaking, my whole body is trembling, it couldn’t be happening. I must be hallucinating. Yes I must be because I missed him too much.

Just before I fall down a pair of arms hold me up, tugged me into warm embrace I never forget. The warmth and steadiness, which only he can give me.

‘Stupid girl, why do you like to torture yourself?’ the beautiful and soft voice resonates in my ear and I close my eyes.

If this is dream, then let me stay for little bit longer, I don’t wanna wake up just yet.

‘I miss you so much,’ another whisper I heard before I feel soft and plump lips on mine.

And nothing matter to me anymore, all I want is the time could stop moving and believing that it’s the reality.


It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever




*Endless Story song by Yuna Ito

© 2014 lanhudiee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
Added on June 8, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: love story, short story, story, despair

Author

lanhudiee
lanhudiee

About
just an ordinary that loves writing and reading. and don't be surprise 'cause I write everything and mostly random thing ^^ more..

Writing
14:08:15 14:08:15

A Story by lanhudiee