THE WOLF GODDESS-Chapt.1

THE WOLF GODDESS-Chapt.1

A Chapter by Larry Dyson
"

SCIFI-FANTASY SELECTION OF SEVERAL EVOLVING CHAPTERS

"

THEY ..referred to her as the goddess of the wolves...the one who ran the field and woods ..unclothed and wild looking.. along the outskirts of the civilized world..guiding her pack...to hunt and kill the animals of the farmers ..but also taking their garden produce.. eating in the gardens ..some say they were amazed to see wolves eating lettuce and tomatoes and squash plants and blossoms ....whole bushes or plants devoured in a night...odd a pack of wolves eating the garden produce ..what to make of it ..who knew .. and the strange almost human howls of the wolves ..oddly different in pitch and intonation eirily sounding as werewolf of the old stories.. yet no humans had been harmed in the full moons...no lucanthrophy involved here ..they marked it up to the fears of the old farmers on the outskirts of town and their over active imaginations at first ..but as the years progressed the elders noticed the shape of a human woman or the silloutte of one leading the pack and she was unmistakable in form ..curvacious body and long raven hair...at least in the moonlight..how could this be they thought ..no stories of older times explained a female child being abandoned or taken by wolves..?

But the effect of her superior intelligence was evident in the raids .. progressively more daring and well executed in detail ..the timing impecable to the secs..they observe3d the beginning use of tools as they attempted to thwart the theft by securing the food stocks with iron locks and wooden beams.. cleverly the wolf pack would circumvent the traps and mechanisms..always obtaining the goal ..food for their pack..only as much as they could eat ..never a surplus taken..until...

On the full moon of the summer solstice..as the farmers and town folk celebrated the fire and its role in their lives ..one lone farmer lad was freightened out of his wits by the she wolf..she came up behind him and ......contd.

 

 



© 2012 Larry Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this a really captivating start! And I definitely want to read on and find out more about this she wolf. I did notice a few spelling or grammar errors but only small ones, that will easily be fixed as you do another draft.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree with those who say this would be great read aloud- the ... could simply denote where the raconteur pauses to let the audience mull the story thus far over.

I noticed a couple of typos and grammar foibles (if you wish, I could use Diigo markups to show where those are).

I'm interested in learning more about the girl for sure

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very interesting start. The way it's written... Trailing ... Makes me imagine this as an oral story, told by some elder over the fire. And the descriptions of her and the cliffhanger ending, makes me want to read more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Larry Dyson

9 Years Ago

ty that is the kindest comment I have received and most appreciated ,it is written that way for exac.. read more
A wild girl.....perhaps raised by wolves.....a very interesting start

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good start to an interesting tale. They are obviously more than just wolves. The Wolf Goddess appears to be a character with a past history. I will read on in time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
5 Reviews
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2012


Author

Larry Dyson
Larry Dyson

Tomball /Magnolia, TX



About
WARNING!!--- my writing approaches Mature most of the time, read with caution if you are concerned ,or so WC thinks? - I'm a retired southern woods walker..who writes and lives modestly..I love n.. more..

Writing