Your Promise

Your Promise

A Poem by murrill
"

A prayer that was on my heart

"
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,” planes to prosper you and not to harm you, planes to give you HOPE and purpose Jeremiah 29:11
Your Promise
By
Donald Lee Murrill Jan 1, 2014 I stood alone searching for that promise, “your promise to me Lord.” A hope, that one day a special soul will soon cross faith with mine a second time. I prayed for a soul like that in my dreams to appear in my life. “what can I do for you to answer my prayers Lord before I die.” I trapped myself secluded from the world searching in silence for the truth. I was too afraid of disappointment to read or even speak the word. Lord you shine a light against the darkness that I once stepped into. Lord you pulled me out with a love I did not deserve, a love that I'm not worthy of. You sent me a falling Angel when I came of age within my dreams. She visit me not once but many times in the spring. The hairs of that angle fell to the beginning of her shoulders, coated with the many color of the falling leaves. The eyes of that angel was as green as the pines, but as I took a closer look, they were colors of goodness and light. A rare beauty has captured my heart at this time. It was a hunny comb texture full of sweetness and delight. A dream was just a dream I said to myself each day, my heart was crushed many times beacause that dream left me to stray. I searched for that angel for many years just to know her name, but a dream was just a dream locked and put away, but my faith and hope still remained. I pray and called for you Lord, but it seemed that prayers no longered worked. I long to be a dad and have a child of my own by birth. I was blinded by greed and did not care who I hurt, but it changed my life and I became one with a jerk. Soon I found myself longing for my child with a simple mistake. I still get to see my son, but his mom has taken him away. I never ment it to happen as it did that day, I found you again Lord and I started to pray. God you walked me down to the aulter as I kneel to your grace, I asked if the choices I made was a success or another mistake. I was alone just for a short time with hardly a bit of faith, I had a knife at my chest my life I was ready to take. But something grabed hold just before I made my final mistake. Then there was a warm feeling as I bathed in the blood of Christ that day. You knew I was unhappy and it brung me to tears, you made away for me to brake free from my fears. The woman I was with was not your choice for me, I asked for guidence and you handed me the key. It seemed like a whole chapter you open just for me, you open my eyes for me to see that my love is strong as strong as my belief. I took a turn with a set mind to make a stand at fath once again. I did not want to have another relation but with you I have as my only true love, and my best friend. Little did I know what you had set before my path, She stopped me dead in my track the first time she made me lough. Lord my love was ment for you, the many years I weeped. You have revealed that angel to, and my heart skiped a beat. Lord I seek only you although you already knew, I would come around eventauly, singing a different tune. I cried for a life time it seemed so very long ago, for a love that would cross my path and become one with my soul. The moment I held her in my arms that night, I locked my soul apond sweetness and delight and from my dreames was those beautiful golden brown eyes. She gave me a kiss from the heaven that was goodness and light. I rested her jaw in the palm of my hand, embraced her love and I became her man. We became one with you my true love in christ, You took our hearts and laid them side by side.We gave you back that very same key, now our eyes are open for us to see. Lord you locked them away together as one, you kept your promise and comfirmed that our lives has just begun. You blessed us with strength for which we do not understand, the arrival of our king will walk as the ruler of man. Lord only you my love in Jesus Christ can bare our sins, we worship your name again and again. Even though I am not worhty I speak for myself at this time, I praise for your forgiveness, your love, and your sacrifice. I will kiss the hands that gave me life. I will shout at the top of my lungs and praise your name with my love in Christ. “Lord You kept your promise I can not deny. What can I do for you now before I enter your gait of everlasting life?” Amen!

© 2014 murrill


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
Added on April 8, 2014
Last Updated on April 8, 2014
Tags: God, lonely, greed, sacrifice, hope, faith

Author

murrill
murrill

Semmes, AL



About
I am in denial for my words are spoken, but are they heard? I am afraid that I have stray too far and too scared to turn back. The truth has escaped my tongue for I am blind now, Will the curtains eve.. more..

Writing
The Drift The Drift

A Poem by murrill


unkown unkown

A Poem by murrill