The Day after Tomorrow

The Day after Tomorrow

A Story by lemon16
"

This is a story i came up with. Hope you like it

"

The Day after Tomorrow

I never gave much thought on how I would die, or if I was going to hell or heaven. I never believed in all this “judgment day” or “apocalypse” and stuff like that. I never thought if I would die old or young, or in car, shot by sniper, or in jail! I just lived and tried to make it count. I never knew this was going to happen. This is my day after tomorrow.

I woke up on the multi colored carpet on the floor in my class room. I never been on the floor and never noticed how hard it was. The cement was softer then this floor and more design then the terrible dirt colored colors. I sat up and tried to look around and automatically felt the niche in my neck. It was impossible to over look, I put my hand to my head and felt something wet but noting came on my hand. I got up and looked around for anyone, it was unusually quiet and everything was black and white. There was no color what so ever just like in then old movies. “Hello”, I said my throat cracking; there was no answers not even the sound of wind or a breath.

Everyone stuff was still in place, opened binders, papers everywhere, and the lesson still on the white board. I walked to the door exiting the strange room. Outside was worse it was still grayish and no sound was in the air, I walked past our soccer field and to our MP room in the silent hush. You could see the freeway from where I was and the cars were still and if you listened closely you could hear the faint sound of a radio, or maybe it was just me desperate to here sound.

I reached the Mp room and straight to the exit door which led to the parking lot for student, who were privileged to have a car and drive to school. I didn’t have one and it looked like no one was here so I went to the principal’s office and took his car keys to his brand new mustang (which was supposedly red but everything was grey) , maybe I could find answers at my place.

I drove to my parent’s place in a hurry; I was there in about two minutes. I got out and did a thorough search and house and came up with no one. “WHERE IS EVERYONE?!” I shouted to the empty sky once I got outside. My were full of tears and I was holding in the cries, I was alone in this gray place, where was I.

“Marisa”, a grown man yelled running to me. I automatically turned to him and smiled. He had a brown hair that he wore short, he wore jeans and a long green shirt with black shoes. I never seen the man in my life but was happy someone was here, even if he was a complete stranger that knew my name. “I’m sorry I’m late, are you ok to drive”, he asked me getting in the passenger seat. “Yeah, I’m fine wiping my tears and getting into the driver’s seat.  

“Where are we going”, I asked him starting the ignition. “To your class”, he said gravely. I started the drive back to school which was only a couple minutes away. “What is going on here?”I asked him quietly. “I’m sorry this happened, I was supposed to be here in time but I got caught up”, he replied with a sigh. “What do you mean ‘supposed to be here in time’” I asked him scared. What was going on here, it was just so confusing.

We reached the school and started our walk to the classroom where I woke up in. “Can you explain what the hell is going on here”, I finally spat out when were in the room. He looked at me with meaningful eyes. “You deserve an explanation, but only cause I was late”, he replied standing in front of the white board. “You’re dead and this is your final resting place”, he said so quickly I couldn’t believe he said it. I stared at him. I …I was dead. How? When? Where? All these questions just popped in my head. “What do you mean I’m dead, when, how?”I asked him, I was praying he was kidding or this was some practical joke.

“You died by tripping and a glass vase full of water fell on your head”, he explained. That made sense why I was on the floor and that wet stuff on my head. He was making his way to the door about to leave. “Wait”, I yelled out to him. “What happened to hell and heaven, what going to happen to me” I asked quickly walking toward him. He chuckled a little, “We came up with hell and haven so the soul is at ease when it dies. This is your final resting place you will be stuck here forever”, he said with an awkward smile. “I’m still confused, so why did you make it up and also why am I stuck here”, I panicked.

 “We made it up because if you humans knew that if you die you are stuck in that place where you died forever will make the soul unhealthy and people would fear death”, he said annoyed as if he explained this. “Also that is the rule, you are stuck where you died forever, you should be lucky you’re in a classroom with T.V. , games, and stuff to do, there are people who are stuck on the road doing nothing”, he said in a calm voice.

I was surprised, he was telling me I was going to be trapped in a classroom forever and I should be thankful. “So that’s it”, I cried “I’m stuck here and that’s it”. “Yes, of course I have to do check up every hundred years to make sure everything is ok, bring you something new, that sort of thing”, he said leaving the door closing behind him. I ran to the door but I couldn’t open it, I turned around and saw my resting tomb, my classroom, all I had was myself, and worse everything was gray. I wasn’t even given the luxury of color all alone in this room.

This is my ending to life, my conclusion to my story, the last chapter to my life. This was my day after tomorrow and let’s hopes your ending doesn’t have the same fate as mine. Don’t forget, live each day as it was your own, cause maybe death isn’t the answer to everything.

 

© 2011 lemon16


Author's Note

lemon16
ignore grammer, and please please give me your review i really want your review

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank u so much The Last Spartan ,

What do u mean by writing it again but with different characters.
I appreciate u reviewing it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVED IT. The message to this story is how I live my life day by day wondering if today is the day I die, but always looking toward my future; living for the present. It would be awesome if you wrote the same basic storyline but different characters, different personalities.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 17, 2011

Author

lemon16
lemon16

Writing
Sunny Rain Sunny Rain

A Story by lemon16