Walk Fast!

Walk Fast!

A Story by Leticia Z
"

An experiment on life and walking fast.

"
     The beauty of it all is that life is such an adventure.  Everyday brings something new and wonderful.  Terrifying or horrific.  Depending on what we focus on, that will be exactly how our day will go.  I love that recently I began to listen to some incredibly wonderful and amazing motivational speeches and the result was this.  Walk faster, talk faster and watch things happen.
      The adventure was on.  I began by walking into a large department store to purchase some items for my mother.  I walked fast, grabbed a cart and began my journey.  The motivation was that my mother who is older was not feeling so well and I needed to get back to the car as soon as possible.  So, great time to experiment!  
     As I walked fast, I noticed a burst of energy rush through my body and as a part of me began to attempt to slow down, I had to continually remind myself that this was part of the entire process.  Walk fast all the time, don't slow down.  Of course, the clothing person was not even at her post.  Then, she wanted me to help her cut the plastic mom wanted for her chairs.  I complied but then she proceeded to take forever to price the 1.5 yards.
      Time for an executive decision.  I told her I would be right back, rushed to get the next item and walked taller and faster than I ever have.  As I rushed back to the place where I needed to pick up the material, I then found it ready to go and I would not have to deal with the slow pace of an hourly wage employee.
     Which gives me an opportunity to address the hourly employee just a bit.  Why do some people who work by the hour seem to take their time to do everything?  Ever notice?  It seems that they are never in the least bit interested in having time management skills.  Unless, it is time to go and they just have a few more minutes left.  Then watch out.  But just a side note about the condition of hourly workers.  Not to say that we don't need them because without them, the world would not function well.  Also, allow me to add that I have met some fantastic people who work by the hour and they also WALK FAST!
     Back to the fast walking experiment.  So I walked out of the store with all the items I needed and with an air of tallness.  It seemed that as I walked around the store, I grew a couple of inches.  My back was straighter and my body felt energized.  But I felt so tall.  So accomplished and so wonderful.
     It was a wonderful thing to observe how the walk fast and talk fast action affected my attitude.  This inspired me to exercise...but a whole other article on that at a time when my energy will take it.
   

© 2015 Leticia Z


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015

Author

Leticia Z
Leticia Z

Clovis, NM



About
Since I was a young girl libraries and books fascinated me. I could enter another world and live there until I was finished with the book. My Little Princess was my favorite book and I have read it .. more..

Writing