Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Leticia

It was time to get serious Alina knew that with the arrival of Alexander and the other known head of the supernatural world it was time to put what small plan she had into action. It might not be what she wanted to do but if it got her to her objective she would do whatever was in her power to achieve it. Alina entered her room and headed straight for the bathroom where she had her sloths ready for the shower she so needed before going down for dinner. Alina took a quick shower and went to her vanity to get her brush and do her hair, as she approached the vanity she cold here rattling from one of the drawers. She found the draw the noise was coming from and opened it inside she found a neckless with a key hanging form it. The key was particular decorated its head was made out of crystal and it was vibrating with energy. Alina picked it up the glow lessened and an image flashed into her mind. A fire burned in the middle with six woman surrounding it laughing and smiling. The image faded quickly leaving behind a sadness that Alina didn’t understand.

“Alina time for dinner.” Mino’s voice came true the door.

“Coming.” Alina said as she put the key around her neck hoping that the vision she just had would be good and would come true in the near future.

 

“I want to go out tonight.” Alina said as they were eating dinner.

Enrique who was sitting at the head of the table put his fork down and looked up toward his niece. “Where is it that you would like to go?” He asked.

“Just go out and visit some of my old hang outs and friends.” Alina said as she put another bite of her food in her mouth.

“You must be careful there are many people that would like to see you dead.” Enrique said after a couple of minutes of silence.

“I have come to understand that there will always be somebody out there that is going to want to kill me but how many people have already trade and I am still here.” Alina said putting her fork down and pushing her plate away. “I am not going to give them the satisfaction of think that they have scared me so bad that I am hiding.” Alina finished taking a drink and looking at her uncle.

“That’s fine just make sure that when you go to take Mino, Sabro and Brenda many people know that one of the Luna’s has reappeared but they do not know how you look so you should be fine.” Enrique said knowing that Mino would keep tabs on Alina and if she did anything out the ordinary he would find out.

“Have a good night uncle I will see you tomorrow.” Alina said knowing that Enrique was satisfied and content for some reason. That he was not really worried about her going out, there were secrets wing in her uncle and that was something that made Alina really curies and hoping that she would get the answer that she was looking for soon. Enrique got up and headed out of the dining room.

“So where are we going?” Mino asked curiosity flowing in his eyes.

Alina smirked and looked around the table, “We are going to my favorite place, I need to clear my mind.” Alina said getting up, “I will meet you guys in the garage in ten minutes.”

“Wait where are we going you haven’t said.” Mino tried to stop Alina but she had already left the dining room.

“Don’t even bother she will not listen to anybody until she reaches the destination she has set.” Brenda said as she moved her plate away from her and got ready to get up.

“It’s a miracle she lasted this long I thought she would have broken down and made a fuss by the send day.” Sabro said looking at the door Alina had left thru.

“No, the only reason she is going out today is because she can finally control her powers to the point that she feel comfortable to defend herself is somebody trays to attack her.” Brenda said a smile coming over her face.

“That is all good but where are we going.” Mino asked getting exasperated with their talk and their ignoring him.

“Come down we are going to the car races, know go and get change or get ready if you need to because believe me once she gets inside that car of hers she is not going to be waiting for anybody.” Brenda said as she looked at Mino.

Mino just nodded his head and headed out of the room. He was in such a hurry that he missed the playful smile that Brenda’s directed toward him.

“Aren’t you going to go get ready?” Sabro asked Brenda after he had assured himself that it was only both of them in the room and that nobody was lingering in the shadows.

“I look fine. I am just going to go meet Alina at the car.” Brenda said smoothing her skirt that came up to mid tie and a light blue spaghetti trap tank top.

Once Brenda had left the room Sabro lean his head back on the chair and let the air that he had been holding out, I don’t know which one is going to give him the most problems today, but one thing is for sure one of this days this girls are going to be the death of me.” Sabro said to himself.

Although Sabro had known Brenda for many years he had always treaded her like a good friend, but since Alina came back into their life’s he had started to notice Brenda more than just a friend. To be owns those feelings had been growing even before that but Sabro kept denying hem. Now he has to see Brenda dancing, talking and flirting with other man as they tried to pick her up and take her way to unknown parts.

“Oh well there is nothing to be done know about it.” Sabro said as he got up and head toward the garage.

 

 “It feels so good to be back.” Alina said taking in the line of cars the people, the people walking around and the music playing in the back ground. The place was field with energy, Alina opened her arms up and let the energy that flowed from this place in. She inhaled deeply a smile coming over her face.

“Come down there, you act like if you have been imprison for three years.” Brenda said as she laugh at Alina’s reaction.

“It feels like it. I am going to go say hi to some people I will see you later.” Alina said moving away fast.

“Wait.” Brenda tried calling to Alina but she had already made her escape giving Brenda little chance to fallow her.

 

Alexander had decided since the dinner at the Luna house was not until the fallowing night he was going to take tonight and go out hunting and the best way to do that would be to go to a popular are where there were supernatural creatures loved to rome. The first stop of the night were the street races that were popular among all kinds of supernatural beans. It was a place felled with energy and emotions that ran high.

As Alexander pulled up to the massive gathering he notice this woman a smile forming on her lips as she raised her arms to the sky. She was talking to another woman next to her and then took off. Alexander kept track of her as she worked her way through the crowed and headed toward Devon. Devon was in charge with the car of the humans that attended this race. His job was to make sure that everybody behave and fallow the rules that were put in place in order to coexist with the humans and them not finding out that the supernatural world existed.

Devon had been talking to a woman next to him but turned around as soon as he felt the presens of the woman that Alexander had been tracking since he saw her. A smile was pasted on his face and he reached out to her and pulled her into a hug. The woman went willingly and kiss his cheek a smile on her face.

Alexander had not notice but his knuckles had turned white with the grip that he had on the steering wheel. Alexander notice his action and got a hold of himself. He got out of his care and made his way toward his old friend Devon and the woman that had capture his attention.

 

Alina had spotted Devon and had made her way toward him as fast as she could to get away from Brenda and Sabro that was right behind her. Yes Brenda was her best friend but there were some thing that she was not ready to share. Something that she need to find out before she made anymore plans to move forward.

Devon had been talking to this beautiful woman but as soon as he felt Alina’s presence he turned around and pulled her into him for a hug. Alina gave him a kiss on the check and smile up at him. “It’s so good to see you. How have you been? Sorry for interrupting you.” Alina said pulling back and looking into his eyes that were filled with laughter.

“It’s no problem, where have you been?” Devon asked concerned covering his voice. The woman that he had been talking to walked away not before giving Alina a dirty look and a role of her eyes.

“You know mw always into something.” Alina said giving him a smile.

“I went looking for you at Sabro’s shop but that was close too.” Devon asked still waiting for answers to his question.

 “I cannot tell you right know but as soon as I can I will.” She said a little bit more series. Alina try to make him understand her without actually telling him anything at least for the moment.

“Okay, so what bring you over tonight?” Devon asked looking around the crowd. It was a well-known fact that no matter where Alina went Sabro and Brenda were always right behind her. Devon was wondering how long it will take them to get her.

“I came to ask for a favor.” Alina said looking Devon in the eyes.

Devon was kind of surprise at Alina’s admission, this was the first time that Devon heard Alina asked for any type of favor. Sabro was her guardian and he made it well known to everybody, by the way he would spoil her whit whatever she wanted. Devon was humbled that at her time of need Alina would think of him for a favor. “What is it that you need from me?” Devon asked.

Before Alina could get another word in a man came up to them. He was tall with dark brown eyes that once you looked into them, they seemed to be searching your soul. His hair was cut short and he was wearing a leather jacket and dark blue jeans.

“Devon, how have you been?” The man asked his voice rich. He gave Devon a warrior’s handshake and then turned his gaze to Alina and looked her up and down.

“Hey Alexander it’s been a while since you have come around here, what’s the occasion?” Devon asked curiosity in his voice.

Devon notice that Alexander just kept looking at Alina and that was not good. Devon moved closer to her and moved her a little behind him. It was that he didn’t trust Alexander but the couple of woman that Alexander had been interested in had a habit of coming up missing or appearing death within a couple of day of going missing. Devon cleared his throat, “So what brings you here?” Devon tried once more.

Alexander looked at Devon and then motion to Alina, “Who is this beautiful woman besides you I have never seen her before.” Alexander asked his eyes going back to Alina.

“She is new to our word, she is under the protection of Sabro her name is...” Devon was about to say her name when Alina cut him off. “Ali, my name is Ali.” Alina said knowing that it was too soon for anybody to figure out who she really was. It was one more night and then the whole world could know.

“Nice to meet you Ali.” Alexander said extending his hand toward Alina.

Alina was uncertain of shaking Alexander’s hand since the energy that was coming of Alexander seemed to tray to pull her in. it was more confusing than anything because it was keeping Alexander protected but it was also pulling Alina in like a moth to the light. Alina took his hand and the energy that surrounded Alexander travel up her arm and tried to consumer. The energy was so strong in its attack that it made her loss her balance and the lasting thing that she saw was the ground heading for her face.

When Alina woke next she was sitting in the driver’s side of Devon’s car. As Alina turned her head around to see what was going outside the first thing that she saw was Alexander’s face. Not even a minute had passed since Alina had opened her eyes and saw Alexander next to her when Alexander was pulled out of the way and Brenda took his place. “Are you okay?” Brenda asked worried. Alina recognize that she had a valid reason to respond as she had considering that it had only been about a week since she had recovered part of her memory.

“Yes, I am fine I just felt a little fain probably because I didn’t eat anything earlier.” Alina said as she was train to get to her feet.

The energy that had engulf her was still semi present because as she tried to get up she felt dizzy. “Maybe you should sit back down.” Alexander said moving to her left side to support her.

Alina moved away from him and steady herself, “Not necessary I am fine.” Alina said giving him a close smile.

Devon cleared his voice to get Alina’s attention, “So, what do you want me to do?” Devon asked moving the focus from Alina fainting back to their earlier conversation.

Alina looked from Brenda to Alexander then back a Devon. “I will txt you later tonight and tell you all the detail.” Alina said moving close to Devon and giving him a hug. In a whisper voice that only Devon would be able to here Alina said, “I will meet you in two hours at the dinner that’s in front of Sabro’s garage.”



© 2014 Leticia


Author's Note

Leticia
Okay all done. I would like to know what you guys think let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on August 2, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014


Author

Leticia
Leticia

CA



About
I come from a big family were i am the oldest out of three brothers and a sister. I lived in Mexico as well as in California, the experience between the two cultures which i believe bring a different .. more..

Writing
A Shadow A Shadow

A Poem by Leticia


Forgiven Forgiven

A Poem by Leticia