Guilt? Regret? - No, It's more than that...

Guilt? Regret? - No, It's more than that...

A Story by Alexis
"

I actually can relate to this ALOT! I think because it's about me? I don't know(: but I really enjoyed writing this piece, and I hope you will enjoy reading it!

"
I thought I was over this stage. Is there stages? Is that what you call them? It's been one month since we talked, and I thought I was on stage two. Stage two. Hatred.
Where you hate everything bad they did. Where you have everything you did not say. Everything they did not say.
But they say stage one is the worst. They meaning people. They meaning others who have been through this. And they say stage one last's the longest. Stage one. Sorrow.
here you miss everything you have been through. Where you miss all the little things about them. Where you miss them.
And then there's stage three. Stage three comes with a packet of red eyes and running water. It comes with long, meaningful nights. It comes with much of what you call stage one. Stage three is the one everybody forgets, everybody doesn't want to deal with. Stage three. Forget.
You have to forget the memories. And you have to forget them, everything you felt and said. You have to forget every moment. Every dream. Every day.
In the last stage, stage four, it is where you must move on. Moving on, kind of like part two, to stage three. Meaning you have to live your life without them and continue as if you never met them. But most people skip this step, because they don't want to continue their life. Stage four. Moving on.
Stage four is full of regrets. And sorry's. A lot of them. People tell you that everything is going to be better. That it will ONLY get better if you move on. If you forget them and never remember again. But it's not that simple.
It's not as simple as 1-2-3-4, it's more like slow and steady win's the race. Slow and steady meaning take your time. Race meaning your feelings, how you take it.
If you find someone you truly value and cherish, hold onto them. Keep them close because you may loose them tomorrow.

© 2013 Alexis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I lost my grandma recently, and at the moment, I went from stage 1 to stage 2, then to stage 4, then to stage three, then back to stage four... It's very hard to do. I can really relate to this in that way. My own personal connection.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 28, 2013
Last Updated on October 28, 2013

Author

Alexis
Alexis

St.Louis, MO



About
- I accept all criticism, for that's what makes a writer improve. - - I accept all reading requests. - I am 21 and LOVE to write. I live in Missouri, United States, working full time as a depart.. more..

Writing
Anymore Anymore

A Poem by Alexis


Alive Alive

A Poem by Alexis