Only Time Will Tell...

Only Time Will Tell...

A Story by Ange Pange
"

I hope you like it! :]

"

I stare out the window, looking at the rain bucketing down outside. These were the only days I cry. I can feel my tears, slowly running down my face. It had been a year now and still no news and no sign of my brave, loyal father who had given up everything to fight in the war.

 

I remember the times we had. When he took me down to the beach when I was just six years old. I had held his hand and when we went over the rock pools, I would suddenly grip it tighter, in fear of falling. I always had a bucket in my other hand and at the end of the day, it was always filled with sand and shells.

 

I remember every night I would never want to go to sleep so he would tell be a bedtime story instead. It was always either about the fairies at the bottom of the garden, the water-horse found in the lochs of Scotland or the love of the sailor and his wife. I would smile when he told me or even laugh because he used so much expression.

 

I smile now at these fond memories that seem so far away, there but fading. Fading slowly.

 

Is he alive? Is he dead? I didn’t know. I guess, only time will tell.

© 2009 Ange Pange


Author's Note

Ange Pange
if there r any problems with the tense, please ignore

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on January 8, 2009
Last Updated on February 15, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Ange Pange
Ange Pange

....



About
Hola chicas. No I'm not actually spanish. :P I am a girl, obviously. I love acting, singing, dancing, reading and writing. Acting is my passion and I hope someday to become an actor not because of .. more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Story by Ange Pange