I believe true love exist

I believe true love exist

A Poem by lil.cav

I believe true love exists.

I believe in a love so real it creates a bond strong enough no one can break.

I believe there is someone who can have your whole heart in their hand and refuse to  squeeze even at little at risk of puncturing it. I may be young and naive but I know there is a love out there worth fighting, and waiting for. A love so pure your whole body can be taking over by it.  I know there are different kinds of love. Theres the kind when you with your entire family at Christmas and everyone is laughing and grandma and grandpa’ s eyes are still shining like in the picture of them as teenagers, hanging in the hallway. There is the love you feel when you're having a sleepover with your friends and you're all sitting on the floor talking about high school, crying and promising to never split up. There is the love of holding your precious, newborn brother after a basketball game you just won, and you're sitting there, watching him live his first moments, looking at his small, fragile body, knowing he is going to turn out to be such an amazing human being. The love of coming home from a bad day at school and seeing the cutest puppy you've ever seens sitting on the living room floor.

Then there's the love that could scar you for the rest of your life.

The love you ache for when you're in bed at night, alone. There is the love when you're at your grandma's funeral and everyone one is crying and missing her but you know her spirit is still thriving. There is the love when you're in highschool and you meet this amazing boy but then he goes to a party, gets drunk, and cheats on you with a girl you thought was your friend, with the girl he promised nothing was going on with, and when his friends text you at four in the morning, thinking you're asleep but you're not.  You've been awake crying all night because you knew. Theres the love of going to the vet and saying your last words to the dog that's been with you since your were little, hating every minute of saying goodbye, but loving her until you can't anymore.

Then, there's the love that makes you believe in love.

Theres the love of finding the boy who treats you like the princess your dad never got to call you. Theres the love of late night talks, with him saying he wants you to have his last name. The nights with him saying he wants to marry you, over and over. The nights with you blushing all night long. The love of finding out your boyfriend tricked you about not coming out to see you and seeing him standing in a lantern lit pavilion with a red carpet leading up to him, standing there, holding a ring, ready to make you his forever. Theres the love of walking down the aisle and seeing him, so handsome, in awe crying because he knows he's marrying the most beautiful thing that's ever happened to him. Theres the love of starting a family of your own and holding you first born in your hands. Then the love of watching your children grow into the most incredible people.

Love is out there. It's the most beautiful risk you could ever take. Love never fails, take it and live it. I believe true love exists.

© 2017 lil.cav


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017

Author