A Love So Innocent And Profound.

A Love So Innocent And Profound.

A Poem by lindseylopez_

I was once given a love so innocent and profound, it consumed me entirely. I was told a love like that was rare to come by. A love so rare it left me as it's helpless victim. I didn't ask for it. I didn't push it away. I smiled everyday with joy and eagerness in my eyes. He opened my mind to the worlds beauty and its simple features. I was once given a love so innocent and profound, it shattered me. He left without reason and took my happiness with him. I was greeted by sorrow, rage and confusion. I walked around without purpose, the light gone from my eyes. I did not feel hunger. I did not feel pain. I did not feel time running away from me. I was numb. I wanted to ask why. WHY? Eventually I got my answer. A girl. He explained how he spent all night deciding who to pick, who to go after. I was in a competition with a girl I never knew. I was an OPTION. I was once given a love so innocent and profound, he would still cross my mind years later. I see him in the flowers that he gave me for my birthday. I see him in the trees that would give shade to the grass. I still wonder about the man who gave me a love so innocent and profound.

© 2015 lindseylopez_


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a sad thing--to feel you were given a love innocent and profound, and then find out it was a contest, and you were only an option...

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on May 12, 2015
Last Updated on May 12, 2015

Author