Here's to you, Mr. Stussy

Here's to you, Mr. Stussy

A Poem by ♥ Courtney ♥
"

Rest in peace John Arlen Stussy II. It's strange to think that this is my first piece of writing you'll never get the chance to see. This isn't goodbye, it's I'll see you soon.

"
Here's to you, Mr. Stussy.
The you that found me here, in my darkest hours.
The you that stayed, and never left.
The you that played every melody my brain could think to ask for on that beautiful sax of yours.
The you that spent hours upon hours on webcam with me, learning every inch of my dusty old soul.
The you that traveled hundreds of miles to visit me in California when we were awkward young teenagers.
The you that played SoulCalibur four with me until the wee hours of the morning. 
The you that reviewed every crummy piece I've ever smashed together and put on this site.
The you who called for me, even when I didnt get the chance to call for you... 
So here's to you Mr. Stussy...may you find the peace and quiet your soul has always so desperately craved. 
You will be missed. 

© 2016 ♥ Courtney ♥


Author's Note

♥ Courtney ♥
This piece is dedicated to John Arlen Stussy II. He was the ink in my pen and I am a better writer for having known him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautiful. Thank you for being a good friend to my brother!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A beautiful tribute to a wonderful person.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I was shocked to find out what happened on Facebook. I knew him a long time, may he rest in peace.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Here, here. Well put. I'm sorry you have lost your friend. Chin up.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016

Author

♥ Courtney ♥
♥ Courtney ♥

Raccoon City , CA



About
Hey I'm Courtney Its about time I changed this darn thing. Ive had the same Bio forever. You know I've never understood why we put these things up, they never depict the person they're supposed to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..