The Yodeler

The Yodeler

A Poem by Little Mouse
"

In response to therapy, a dream, and a reader review.

"

The therapy:


It’s as if you write, up on a mountain, like a yodeler, it’s as if it’s not real until it is echoed back to you. The art itself flowing from me is not enough. It must reach someone and be sent back with affirmation before it can be seen as real or having purpose.


The poem:


Written
Heard
Echoed
After all, what good is a yodel if not heard?
Developed for communication
Ordinary to falsetto
To reach between vast mountain peaks
Which brings me to the Sound of Music
And the Lonely Goatherd
Sung to calm and comfort during the storm
To the little mouse at the end of the lane
Who lives in the little white house
With a huge spouting elephant fountain
A stocked pantry with rocking chairs nearby
An inviting pool near ever growing tall trees
Staying in the right lane
Simply
Driving
Straight


The review:

At times you may not believe in yourself, despite your words. I sometimes feel invisible, valueless until words come from nowhere. Amongst everything you do believe, I want to add the truth that your existence, words included, have a positive effect on me, for which I thank you.
 

 



Little Mouse
February 2, 2007
 

© 2008 Little Mouse


Author's Note

Little Mouse
"The review" is real, but from another poem, and I credit Solst!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is my pleasure to think that I am living on in someones mind while I casually walk along the cobbles of my local market, sniffing Italian herbs and listening to the bell-tower chime. It brings it to life for me. The art here is the continuity, but there is plenty of credit due to the artist who penned such unique atmospheres. The imagery sucks me into your mind as if we were a part and parcel of the same thing. When we are here, together, watching eachother produce work stimulated from lives we'll never live, stretching from mountain top to mountain top; it feels as if the feeling in me is captured like a butterfly, but captured in the heart- it being able to fly as freely as it always did. Your art is connected to the art in everything else and the way you have created such a personally affecting poem will always bring a smile to my face. You are the kind of writer I adore, the kind that needs no introduction. Your words speak loudly enough. All of this is divine and powerfully inspirational. I can see the past and the future in this very moment, I can see a thousand smiles, millions of eyes and so much love beaming from the shadows. It is a beautiful day today and having this and you in mind will make it that little bit better.

Take care Little mouse.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How beautiful. I love the analogy of the yodeler. Good therapy, poem and review! I love the imagery of your surroundings... down the lane. It's a pleasurable read, and echoes true for many, I'm sure. Excellent piece, Tanya, I love it, as per usual with your work!!! : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't say I've ever seen a poem written in this manner but that is not to say its bad. Rather i like it but its new to me. I feel like a jeans and T shirt guy wearing a tie for the first time.

Well written.

Dave

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an intriquing write. To include the therapy and review is a new idea...as for the poem it has quite lovely imagery and the review a loving lesson. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Little Mouse
Little Mouse

VA



About
Little Mouse -:3 )~~~ If I wasn't working I'd be writing. I'm a new writer, poet, venturing into stories. I think it's best to review each others work prior to sending a friend request, please,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..