Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction

A Story by Habeeb Tehseen
"

This is one of my personal favorites. Figure out the ending if you can!

"
Speculation, by Habeeb Tehseen

At exactly 5:00 PM a boy entered the town's local library. He was around fifteen, lean, skinny and had jet-black. His attire was reclusive with beige trousers and a brown jacket that hid the answer to the question. The question being what shirt he was wearing.
The boy's name was Isaac, and he had an air of nervousness around him. Glancing around frantically he would fix his gaze at the end of the hall, staring at a book shelf, and he would return it at the other end of the hall.

At exactly 5:05 PM, his face reflected decision and a stolid nature as he walked to the librarian's desk. The librarian looked up and peered at him with her half-moon spectacles. 'Yes?', she inquired. "I'm looking for the Classics section. COuld you be kind enough to tell me where it is?" "Why sure! You go straight down this row and take a right, then take the door on the left, that's where you'll find the classics."
Isaac thanked the librarian and went ahead. He followed her instructions till the end, except for the part where he took the right door instead of the left. He opened the door, entered and locked the door from inside.
"Took you a while. Did the traffic lights slow you down?", asked a voice mockingly.
Isaac thought:'Et non est finis.'

THE END

© 2014 Habeeb Tehseen


Author's Note

Habeeb Tehseen
Author's note: Learning a little Latin never hurt anybody ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014
Tags: pulp fiction, latin, shorts, short stories

Author

Habeeb Tehseen
Habeeb Tehseen

India



About
I am a writer whose stories are the most random. So, enjoy! more..

Writing