Heart of the matter.

Heart of the matter.

A Poem by Jeff Brown

 It won't change, things never do.

Just the names and faces, the times and places,

the scene and the stage, but on any page

the pain won't change nor the tragedy subdue.

© 2009 Jeff Brown


Author's Note

Jeff Brown
Dear reviewers,
I hope you enjoy it, and that you were stirred to some kind of emotion by reading it. If I'm wrong on either count, please inform me that my writing has failed to achieve its intended purpose. I'll also add that I would hope for this to make you think, even if only a little. Not achieving this would not be failure, yet still, I would want to know that such a thing was left unaccomplished.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The very first line caught my attention a statement that seems to hold true for so many things. Then as I finished I am left wondering what exactly is this all about. I'm thinking it's about a person who even though things have changed around them they are the same inside still suffering from something of the past. You achieved your goal as I am left wondering if I am right. I think that is the best kind of poetry something that leaves you hanging on with unanswered questions. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


success. congratulations.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009

Author

Jeff Brown
Jeff Brown

LA



About
My name if Jeff and I've been writing poetry since I can remember. I love obscure music and films, and I never sleep when I'm supposed to. I don't know you yet, but I promise I'd like to- so welcome t.. more..

Writing
Titan Titan

A Poem by Jeff Brown


Melt Melt

A Poem by Jeff Brown