Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
If I were to

If I were to

A Story by Lizardo
"

There are a lot of ifs in our lives

"
If life is a dream
Then dreaming is our life
If we fall asleep at night
Then we wait for the sun to shine
If before the universe
There was nothing
Then what exactly is nothing
If before time, time didn't exist
Then was their a time where time didn't move forwards or backwards
If life is cruel and not perfect
Then a perfect life would be a cruel joke
If We lived deep drowned in sadness 
Then we're wasting every second of our life
Well, what do you think? the one who's reading this?
Isn't their a lot of "Ifs" in our lives? Ifs that probably won't get an answer because they are to far away
If I was the one to choose and think what is life or what really am I, I wouldn't know what to choose. 
Simple as that, We have two options, choosing and making a decision is far more complicated than that and dreaming of doing something is awesome and cool but waking up from that dream and really doing those things you've always dreamed of is actually... not hard at all. 
If I were to say the humanity is a retarded race, then I would be wrong and right, because we do make a lot of mistakes, but we also learn from those mistakes and keep moving forward to know the real "Truth".
If I were to think that my life is horrible and full of sadness, then I would be wrong because there are a lot of people who have really tasted sorrow while I only taste a sugar that isn't sweet.
If I were to develope feelings for a person, then I would be a human but if that person doesn't like me, then I would feel sad right? Well, that is life isn't it? failing at love a lot of times until you know who's the correct one.
If saying I'm sorry a lot of times is good, then it is good, but if you're saying for things you haven't done, then you should rethink. 
If I feel sad..... Then I feel sad and numb.... Because I fail most of the time..... Because maybe people don't accept who I am..... 
If I were to pay attention to those dumb stuff, then probably I would be sumerged in a sea of thought were a big fish would try to eat me, and the big's fish name is "sorrow numbness". 
You see, there are a lot of "Ifs" in our everyday life, maybe you get an answer maybe you don't, but you should try to fight for the truth. An If can stop us from doing awesome things. But also saves us from doing retarded stuff. 
So I tell you, Do you want to drink water? Because writing this made me feel thirsty 

© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
An interesting piece Lizardo. I hope that as you grow older, you will learn to differentiate between questions worth pondering on and the ones to discard right away. Good luck in your journey of growth :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Since I'm 16 right now, i think a lot of stuff that are probabrly right or wrong lol
But I .. read more
~

8 Years Ago

:) you are welcome!
Well it did leave me wanting. Not sure that it is thirst. Lots of visual that I loved and content is good, but I think it was the structure for me that did not evoke the feelings I was expecting when I first started reading it. But every piece is individual. Not everyone is going to "get" you in every write you do.

Ok I did another read and I think the issue for ME was the first few paragraphs were short and concise and then by mid way it had transitioned from one format to another with long paragraphs.

Writing for yourself and what works for you is the best and then you can make change if any one makes sense to you. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciete it this kind review :)
"What ifs" may be great in a brainstorming session where one has to play devil's advocate. However, I believe 'what ifs' prevent us from living a little more because we often place too much weight in them. A wise old man once told me that the secret to a long and happy life, full of contentment, is to not worry about the things you cannot control and the 'what ifs' in life are, indeed, uncontrollable. That decision we made has already passed and cannot be undone; that word we spoke is out there and cannot be taken back; that turn we made in life is made; and the only future we are sure of is that we will continue to eat, drink, breath and live until we die (the particulars of any of these can only be surmised)... That is why I like this poem so much, because it forces us to focus on what matters - the things we can change. Well-done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much ! I really appreciete it :)
This is a really good poem! It's really deep and you used really strong words to describe your feelings!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Hum....deep thinking can tend to make one need nourishment ; p This is really deep, and one must wonder the circumstances in your life to move you to contemplate such matters....keep it up ★

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Everything you wrote here is true, it captured my attention. Well written and very well done. Great word choice, keep it up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much !
Life can be busy and hectic but it's always good to set aside time for self reflection. A good friend, once told me "all the answers we seek is within ourselves." Through meditation and prayer.

Thank you for sharing, Lizardo. Wonderful thoughts.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much
I like it! It's so genuine-it really is captivating.
I'm afraid to say that this is so true...sometimes we don't stop to think about what we do have and what we could do instead we just think about all of the 'ifs'.
Thanks for sharing!
-LK

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
:)) the ruminations of a tired soul ;) you must have eaten Brussel Sprouts for dinner .. lots of ifs for sure .. can't say i give a whole lot of thought to them however .. i make a choice and thats it ... and like you say "if" we make a mistake we look back and hopefully learn from it .. are you facing a crossroads in your life?
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review Noodle :) Well actually no, but I thought about the "If's" in our life, maybe .. read more
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

yes .. it does for sure! ... :)
If we believe in God, one day we will know all of the answers to life and its problems. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

That is very true

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1728 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2015
Last Updated on March 21, 2015
Tags: Life, everyone

Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


5438079 5438079

A Poem by wordman


"Hungers" "Hungers"

A Poem by Valentine