A Dream about Living

A Dream about Living

A Poem by Lizzy B
"

I wrote this poem while tripping, because I wanted to see what my work would be like when it was produced during a stream of consciousness trip. The results are pretty wacky. Here we go...

"
The wind blinds my eyes
And I forget the restraints of my life.

Release me, and let me sore
I cannot be here anymore.
It's something that I need to do for me,
because this is not where I long to be.

Forgive me.
For wanting to be free
And I hope you don't dare follow me.
Off into the unknown I go, 
Into the shadows, to a place nobody goes.
With sapphire waves hugging the sky
Where we all go when it's time to say good bye.

So I must leave now.
This is the end.
I'll never forget such a beautiful friend.
Don't dwell on the fact that I'm gone, but instead relish in my spirits song.

I climb the clouds and don't look down. I walk around without making a sound,
And the sun glistens so beautifully so I bow my head dutifully
You are my master oh magnificent sun.
There is nowhere to run for you always follow, except for when you prepare for tomorrow. 
Night.

Please, protect me, heal me, soothe me, reveal me.
I am humbly yours.

But I don't know if this is a dream anymore.  

© 2012 Lizzy B


Author's Note

Lizzy B
I want to know the types of images that popped into your head while reading the poem...even if they aren't good. Peace and love everyone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A high look at the stars and inner self. Leaving, escaping, regretting but moving.

then a realization that running just drags along behind you all that stuff you wanted to leave. the ending is an epiphany, a 'religious moment' of sorts in the realization that perhaps there is a Higher Power to rely on and be soothed.

Or maybe just the product of a drug soaked mind. LOL Done that myself a few times. Anyway, it was an enjoyable ride.

Posted 10 Years Ago


tripping releases the brain from the bonds of reality and creates its own tiny and compartmental realities...as your trip unfolds (if you will). i never tried to write while doing this...hell, i couldn't even see properly, but if i had done so i would hope and expect the result to be something like this. the images which popped into my head were merely memories and would have no bearing on your write. i like this piece very much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lizzy B

11 Years Ago

That means so much, thanks!
A wild trip in the poem. Escape and desire to hold on. That is a common emotion in a real life. The good description allowed the reader to feel the hunger to be free. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lizzy B

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 5, 2012

Author

Lizzy B
Lizzy B

Kryport, NJ



About
Writing is my life, when I'm not jotting something down I'm studying it at school (I'm an English major). I stick to poems and short stories, but I'll branch out eventually. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..