Shelby

Shelby

A Story by Lori Jones
"

This isn't the full story!!! This is just the start but I really need some feedback before I can continue.

"

   She wears nothing but the color red. Drenched in crimson satin, Shelby lies restless in the morning. When the dawning sun illuminates her room, she raises like a queen. She is flawless. Shelby loves to walk over to her window and look out at her kingdom. She is always up at this time because this is the moment where the sun, not fully in the sky, makes a rouge horizon over all the valley. Never would she miss such a beautiful sight. 

     Shelby returns to her bed side. She fixes her satin sheets by taking one end in one hand and another end in the other hand and makes a wave. Her arms goes to the roof, then slowly brings them back down to the bed. The rippling effect creates an image of deep waves in a vast, red sea. Those close enough to her shores find themselves lost in her waters. She floats from the foot to the head of her bed. One by one, she fluffs her pillows back to life. Shelby runs her hands over the sheets again to smooth out the wrinkles. Everything is perfect now. To her, it’s like a reset button. She presses it, and yesterday’s mistakes are gone. Today is a new canvas for her to paint red all over again.

     Shelby’s eyes dance around the room. They fall upon her cherrywood dresser. There lies a single rose. Her rose. The Rose. It sits all alone inside of a vase made from a special crystal that mimics glass. The water is half empty, and there are little specs of dirt and dust swimming around inside. She walks over to smell it. The aroma of earth fills her nose and takes her away to a place she once called home. But after opening her eyes and seeing the ceiling, she realizes that home never existed. The Rose was given to her by a sweet man. Roman was his name. She remembers this because of the joke he left at her bed side that morning. On a folded note card, he wrote the piercing words, “Thanks for the love, but I’m sorry. I have to keep ‘Roamin.’” Shelby couldn’t remember whether she laughed or cried first. It didn’t matter. After that night, she promised to keep him alive because he was the first one. The only one. She gives the rose one more sniff, then turns to walk to the bathroom.

     It’s the same routine every day. Shelby starts by brushing her teeth. She does this for ten minutes or until she can hear the squeaky noise the toothbrush makes to signal that her teeth are spotless. Spit. Wipe. Smile. Her smile is radiant. Perfect pearly whites from one ear to the next. Once satisfied, She begins to undress. Peeling off her clothes one by one. As the layers fall off of her body, Shelby takes time to examine herself. An elongated neck, pear-shaped breasts, sculpted abs, visible v, and slender legs. The body of a goddess to her. Soon the hot shower is turned on.

       The water is warm and welcoming. The combination of the sun from the window and the reflection of her ruby shower curtain makes the flowing river look like a stream of blood. Either way she loves it. The feeling she gets from bathing is almost pure bliss. She finishes up and steps out to grab her towel. She uses it just to dry herself off though. Then it’s a breezy stroll to her walk-in closet. All the clothes are aligned perfectly: shirts, sweaters, slacks, skirts, and shoes. Shelby picks out a blouse, a pencil skirt that hugs her curves, and baby pumps. Dressed for success, she adds a little mascara and some red lipstick. Flawless perfection and beauty in every dimension. That’s what she is now, and it’s time for everyone to see it. 

© 2014 Lori Jones


Author's Note

Lori Jones
Any and all comments are welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
Added on April 1, 2014
Last Updated on April 1, 2014
Tags: Romanticism, suspense

Author

Lori Jones
Lori Jones

Mobile, AL



About
Aloha everyone, and no, I'm not Hawaiian. Looking to write my first book. If all is well, it will turn into a trilogy. Lori Jones is my alias. My actual major is Biology, but I have been told that cre.. more..

Writing