Trams, Seagulls and Mysterious Looks

Trams, Seagulls and Mysterious Looks

A Story by Louisa Lavebaeck
"

A short lovesick tribute to someone who I am deeply in love with.

"
The sunlight was resting gently on my face, yet the warmth was swept away by the cold wind, spreading chills down my spine. It did not matter though, you were there with me and that was all that mattered. 
I remember promising myself not to let anyone get too close. I was frightened, hurt by others already, and the thought of getting struck by lightning once again shook me to the bones. But the serenity of the melodies sung by a few seagulls nearby, the shrieking of trams crossing the bridge in the distance, giving off sparks as they got in contact with the powerlines, made me change my mind, at least for a short while. 
There was something about you, something that continously made me run my fingers through my short hair, nervous and aware of the slightest movement. Perhaps it was your voice, which you used to express your incredible mind to me. Perhaps it was your gentle smile, or your dark eyes and your mysterious look, examining every inch of your surroundings. And I am not sure whether it was the crashing yet calm waves, the settling sun or the sinking temperature which increased the persuation of the thought of moving closer, leaning forward and going in for the kiss I had for such a long time been longing for. But I was frightened, imagining every possible outcome of that action, and instead I chose to wait. 
I guess we both knew deep within ourselves that we would get there sooner or later. And I am so glad we did. You have changed me - taught me to see things for what they really are. You have taught me to enjoy the small things in life, and yes, you have even given my life a whole new meaning. You have changed me and I am grateful. You have changed me and all I am trying to prove by putting these words onto paper is my appreciation of knowing that you are not just a part of my imagination.

February 5, 2013

© 2013 Louisa Lavebaeck


Author's Note

Louisa Lavebaeck
Any sort of reviews, comments and/or thoughts are appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just a recommendation but possibly changing the idea of getting struck by lightning into a theme more conformed to the poem would make it blend better. Something like "I've been hit by the crashing waves of the ocean and almost taken out to sea before." Other than that I really like this poem, does a great job of capturing an emotion we have all felt at one time or another. It also reminds me of the times I've been interested in someone and nervous as hell that they may not feel the same way back. Great job and keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Louisa Lavebaeck

9 Years Ago

Will definitely be considered. Thank you for the advice and the kind words, and good luck to you too.. read more
Tech

9 Years Ago

Glad to help and thanks much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013
Tags: lovesick, tribute, madness, love, youth, romance, romantic, sweden, gothenburg

Author

Louisa Lavebaeck
Louisa Lavebaeck

Gothenburg, Sweden



About
IB student from Gothenburg, Sweden. Currently falling in love. more..

Writing