This cold night

This cold night

A Poem by Charles Konsor
"

just a cold (and lonely) night where too many things arise in my brain.

"

Cold hard rains
fall on northwest nights
and a heart...no, a body
too lonely, too long
he walks slow, then fast,
then slow.

He imagines things going wrong,
and then imagines a hundred things
going right

Where she is outside his apartment
A long speech prepared
And he says no, not now
Later
Now I don't care
Now I need a friend

Someone to count the seconds
As the bamboo sheets slowly exhale
Drop upon our bodies
Outline our shapes
Feet which intertwine
over and over

Up the body it moves
hips, hands, lips.

Ahh, but dreams.
The soundtrack of soft rain
Yes, it's soft now.

And I search photos for deceit
for worth
for anything that will give me a glimpse of you
and your character.

And rambling on I go
Pathetic, alone, boring
Like the dreams of friends
It's hard to care
but I'll write it still
Because I care
Because someday you cared

Someday you walked a little slower
A little faster
You played out scenes with her
You pretended she would come upon  you
Any moment now
See you as you were
Romantic, simple, real, you

Yes, I dream
Yes, you dreamt
And on lonely nights we comb through scenes
Life lived without us
With us.
Where did it go wrong?

It didn't
It just is
And tommorrow night
One drink too many
And the same dreams return
 

© 2015 Charles Konsor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so wonderful and flowing.
I realy liked these words here.

"Ahh, but dreams.
The soundtrack of soft rain
Yes, it's soft now."

You can write a wonderful passionate write.
I liek at the end where you say the same
dreams return. Quite cute really.
An enjoyable read from you Charles.
I hope to read more from you.


Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

First I love poetry that circles back on itself since I tend to do that I appreciate the effort to do it and in this you did beautifully and sadly. I really love this piece. Well done

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ah. This is so very lovely. ❤️
A passionate walk through your thoughts and a captivating witness of them spilling upon the page.
Glorious.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Beware that drink, that one to many. :) As you ramble on to a new day.



Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamy hints of romance with a touch of erotica that allows one to derive, from the next to last line, that a hangover may culminate these alcohol induced dreams upon awakening ... Been there ... Done that ... Cryin' in the beer ... Woe is me, pass the whiskey please ... relationships can do that to a person, especially, every time we try to drink those memories away ... They're only right around dream corner ...



Posted 6 Years Ago


WEBSITE PRESENCE, YOU ARE REQUESTED:

To speed up this process, I want an afterlife account by you started, WC PRESENCE. I want you to admit that it is an afterlife thing and to also have writing by you and help with this review. The firghts we could not see, net worth, amount of illegal money (where appropriate) and gang affiliations as well as who brought them here. I suspect the US president, the anitchrist.

You are to post a personal statement in your account, and you are to also introduce us to you. You have as you like it privileges for types of afticles, but you are to use all of them.

do you agree, Konsor? That matters. If you also ask for this, the way we do this, you accept my requests. That is a good review of the intent of the owner for this site, is it not? Good advice!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Try to get a review fee from people with too much money. And, try to deal with them and also with the honest ones FIRST. First you have to...

Posted 8 Years Ago


There. You should have what you need, now. Commented code that allows these and other changes when you make it active. That should fix many problems here. Just a little cleanup. And, there are pictures and other stuff for you and honest moderators like you to review.

I think to get your account back if you got kicked off you need to submit to a review by modertors. See who Distorition can advie to help with this process for free. To be advertised here on the top website for writers (poetry exclusive is possible as well) on the whole Intenrnet, and with so many of the top authors of all of time leaving their work here for free? What gives? Just using and abusing this place, and I won't allow it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I hope you set people GONE from this thing. You need a BUT I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK setup. You need to talk to the man in charge at this time if you want that account reopened, and this could take some time. You had no money for us; that hurt us. We could hire honest people instead of that riff raff.

See ya, punks, and would not want to be ya!

Posted 8 Years Ago


What about using the T.L> SEE THIS . Boehm and my index as guides and help (hers, I hope) understanding my work and finding what you need. And, a few featured works like how to get to be a full adult if you have been rfeporn, the story of the Judgment Day from long ago, and the magic insturctions, the big one. That is about all you can fit in a sexy banner add for "I got what you need." If there is something else, my drug index. I will try to build that for you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I have a joke for you:

I want to pay for some advertising as I suggested. How much of my money here do you want? I suggest half.

What about a section that starts with a picture of me and "feature WC author of the week." Check T.L. Boehm and also my indexes to see if you can find just a few most meaningful works that have a link in the section of the picture. Must be Javascript. Does that work for you? Adverstse my work as what WC wants now. Come on! How many government f**s did I send you and how much evil from around the globe. They wanted to read me and magic, and I was allowing that, but there have been too many fights and hacks, I think. And, we wanted people reading us and quitting evil> Settled SEE THAT.

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3744 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 7, 2009
Last Updated on January 23, 2015
Tags: test, tags, cold, night

Author

Charles Konsor
Charles Konsor

Portland, OR



About
If you find any issues or bugs on the site, please use the Contact Form to let us know about it. And thank you for helping us make WritersCafe.org better. Now Is The Time -charlie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..