Chapter 1: A Perfect Plan

Chapter 1: A Perfect Plan

A Chapter by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

The Prince inform the reporter his grand plan, but there a problem, who let the troublemaker on the plane.

"

A PERFECT PLAN

 

Janet Truman a freelance reporter stands outside the downtown restaurant called Six-I-Six checking her phone making sure the address is correct; she grab hold the metal handles pulls open the tall thick door stepping into a dark lobby lithe by candles.   She stood motionless until her eyes adjusted to the darkness noticing a tall skinny man dress in a gray suit.  She advance closer to him to speak, but he spoke first, “The master is expecting you.” He turn aside one hand behind is back and the other leading the way.  As they walk she notice that all the tables where empty of customers, each had a candle and plates setting, figuring the restaurant is not open for business yet. 

 

They arrive at two red oak doors staff by two men in black suits, they swing them open she felt the cold blast of air with the aroma of cooked food mix in the room.  The tall skinny man jesters for her to enter the dark banquet hall inside it had more candles place around the walls and on elaborate candles stands; overhead hang a candle chandelier in the middle of the huge room.  She step within the strange area and the doors slam shut behind her, one side of the room an enormous fireplace burning wood cracking loud as the heat from the flames cut through the coldness.

 

The vast room empty of table and chairs except under the candle chandelier laid a long thick wooden table a white hair man sits in a chair at the middle of the structure.  On the right side of the man she saw bottle, canisters, jugs and cans of wines, whiskey, brandies, vodka and beer heap up and the left side piles of meats of all types grill, stewed, roasted dripping with thick sauce.  Then Janet sighted in front of the stack meats every kind of desserts cakes, pies and other strange delight heavily drizzle with sugar and frosting.  The man eyes follow the reporter smirking.  Walking toward the table she realize the identity of the man sitting, The Prince of Dallas (the devil), some how has summoned her again for another meeting.

 

The Prince stood held out his hands for her to sit in front of him; she could not help to ask about the bounty of food and drinks on the table.  “Are you having a party today?”

 

“No,” answered the Prince as he stares at her.

 

“Are you going to eat and drink all of this stuff?”  Shaking his head no, “why do you have all this amount of food?”

 

“Because I can, I want everything this world has to offer because its mine to take, this is my kingdom,” he pick up a rare bottle of wine to inspecting it shape and content then letting it slip through his hand breaking on the floor wasting it fluids, “want something to eat?”

 

Janet did not desire to insult the Prince by not accepting his offer of food and drink, two servers appear out of nowhere ready to sever, “Do you have red wine?” the Prince shook his head no, “how about some bread?”

 

“No I don’t have that, try the white wine and cake,”  Janet agree one of the server open a bottle of wine pour some in her glass, the other cut a huge wedge of cake place it in front of her drenching it with hot frosting.

 

“May I ask a question,” spoke Janet as she pulling out her phone from her pocket, the Prince granted, “Well I don’t know if you want to answerer this question; is the Anti-Christ already here?”

 

The Prince set back in his chair chuckle, “I find it amusing how man thinks that this amazing person or Anti-Christ is just one person.  I do not know if you are capable to understand if I tell you, but let me try.  It not one man but its one mind, anybody with the mind can be what you identify Anti-Christ or what I like to call him a free thinker.”

 

“So you mean someone who thinks like you”

 

“Yes free from Him so I can guide them to enlightenment.”

 

“You mead code word for control,” reply the Janet.

 

The Prince laugh, “It’s a beautiful thing.”  Suddenly he straighten claps his hand with glee, “Now the reason I have call you here to witness history in the making,” Janet interest perked as she watch the Prince.  “Did you vote for the current President of the United States of America?

 

“Well yes,”

 

“My next question do you think the Vice-President will make a good President?”

 

Janet is curious why he asking these questions, “Well sure I think so.”

 

“Good, he will be your next leader in about 24 hours from now.”  Janet felt a cold chill, looking at him knowing he is not joking as he smirks.  Her hands trembling reaching for the glass of wine drinking haft of it quickly.

 

“Is he going to be assassinated by terrorist?”

 

“No, he will be dead, I have ordered a virus with his name on it to attack and he already has it.” 

 

Janet composes her thought quickly standing to her feet, “I’m sorry, I need to visit the restroom,” cold long thin fingers touch her shoulder she turns to see the tall skinny man in the gray suit showing her the way.  She enter into the lady’s room scanning to make sure she alone walk to the sink running water on her hands staring in the mirror slightly trembling.  Janet pacing the floor, ‘what I can do to stop this tragic thing from happening,’ she lifts her phone to call her editor.  Listening to the music from his phone wishing he would pick up quickly and hopping her call do not go to voice mail, turning with her eyes down she lift them to see the rigid face of the Prince standing gazing at her.  She gave a yelp dropping the phone the Prince caught it; they both can hear her editor voice, “What’s up Janet?  Janet?”  He disconnect the call handed her phone back, taking her by the arm drawing her closer to him, “we must go history waits for no man.”

 

The entry door of the restroom pop open they both step through the doorway on plush dark blue carpet, Janet knows she is not in the restaurant but in a conference room.  This room had a larger oval wooden table with the seal of the President in the middle surrounded by cream color leather chairs.  Looking at the wall it had the type of small oval window in single row that is on a passenger jet, shaking her head.

 

“Welcome aboard Air Force One,” announce the Prince.  Hearing those words, she wanted to sit all strength has left her as the Prince tower over.

 

“Do you really hate America?” ask Janet in a somber voice.

 

Bending down to her, “I don’t care about America, what I want is what you are going through now fear, anxiety and despair times a hundred.  However, I will receive that from 300 millions soul and maybe a billion and that just the start of my plans,” taking her by the hand lifting to her feet, “If I have to topple an empire to get what I want so be it I have done that before.”  His voice tone change to cheerfulness, “Let me show you around and we can see the President while he still alive.”  A tear roll down her face the Prince caught it in his hand tasting it, “Tear of fear,” she snatch her hand from him as he smiles.

 

The Prince proceeded to give the tour of jet proudly telling her how he planed for this day many years in advance.  She saw the President and the First Lady Eleanor sitting in their quarters talking to the chief of staff, Jo Reagan and Mia Clinton, First Lady assistant.  Janet at any other time would have been excited to be so close to the President and admiring the beauty of his wife.  She seeing them smile knowing that in a few hours it would vanish, they laugh as Mia said a humorous commit the Prince join in with them giggling.  She knows that he is laughing at them.

 

Meanwhile they visit the entire aircraft from the cockpit to the galley, surveillance the staff and flight attendants working not knowing that they are under attack from demonic forces. The Prince pause turning to view a brown hair man sitting typing on a laptop in the traveling journalist section of the aircraft.  He step closer glaring at him, the man leaning back in his chair twirling a pen, inspecting his badge name, Mark Johnson-Whitehousenews.gov, the Prince nose wrinkle as he slightly sniff.  He quickly slides back turning back to the hallway, Janet can see the Prince is livid then he yell an ear peering roar that fill the entire plane.  His eyes burning red and breathing heavy like he blowing out smoke.

 

“Everyone in the conference room NOW!” bellow the Prince, suddenly small skinny gray baldheaded creatures leap from people and objects scampering into the main conference room.  Demons pile into the room sitting in chairs, table and along the wall, the Prince marching in taking the President chair angrily staring at his subjects, as they all cowardly glare at him.

 

“I have plan for this day for many season and it is perfect, the virus that is in him is doing it job,” a faint couch is heard by all the demons in the President chambers, “Before this jet lands in DC he will be dead, so how did a troublemaker get on this plane?”  The demons looking around shock as they mumbling at each other, “I smell him, this Mark Johnson, who drop the ball here and let this troublemaker on?”

 

“No one your highness,” said a screeching voice at the far end of the table, “The First Lady invited at the last moment before they left for Europe.”

 

One eyebrow rose from the Prince as he lend forward, “She did-I must have miss something, is there something-something going on with them?   Eyes sparkling with a grin, “I can only dreams are they secret lovers, the President dies and his wife is have an affair too oh how wonderful, sometimes mankind amazes even me …”

 

“No sir that is not the case she admires his writing and he graduated from the same university that she went too.” Spoke the demon.

 

The Prince disappointed sat back in his chair, “preacher girl, why did you invite him?” (Preacher girl is the nickname giving to the First Lady because she the daughter of a minister.) “Never mind, I want a full force attack on this troublemaker; before we are done he will wonder if he even saved.”  The Prince stood to his feet overlooking his troops, “Countrymen, loyal subject and partners after today a new day will arise from this nation, a new level of fear, hate and malice.  Victory is ours and we will enjoy the sweet rewards tonight!”  All the demons leap to their feet pounding the table and walls rapidly with their fist cheering. 

 

“HAIL TO THE CHIEF!”



© 2012 Lonnie Paul Johnson


Author's Note

Lonnie Paul Johnson
I try to show the Prince as a comical figure in these stories even doe he is truly evil. This character enjoy causing pain to humans and proud what he does. This is the first time that I gave the reporter a name, a gender and emotion in the story, I hope you like chapter one-tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012
Tags: short novel, devils, demons, religion, christian fiction, comedy


Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing