Moose Gone WIld

Moose Gone WIld

A Poem by Bradford S. Perry
"

More fun with booze.

"

 

Here it is people. I have truly lost my mind. Yes, yes, I am sure most of you are sitting there nodding your heads in agreement thinking to yourselves “wow this b*****d is just figuring this out about himself?” I am afraid; as with most things, I was the last to know.

            Here I was thinking I was just a freethinking, life loving kind of person. Sadly, this is not the case. As it turns out it is simply insanity. I am crazy to think the way I do, and say, the things I say. It was my understanding that it was insanity, stark raving madness if you will; to think it was a good idea to bottle up these things, and keep them to myself.

            However it has come to my attention this is not the case. Sanity as it turns out is doing just that. Bottling things up. Not sharing those random thoughts, we all have from time to time. Biting your tongue and swallowing your pride and integrity in the face of those you would sooner set fire to than look at everyday.

Tow the line, stand in queue, and grind your soul down to nothing; down to the point where the only difference between you and a corpse is the automatic function of the lungs to draw breath. This my friends is sanity. This is the AmeriKan dream. This is the ideal we all hope and strive toward. There it is right there in front of you like some corroded and ooze filled Holy Grail. You have simply to bow your head, and go with the flow to attain the modern AmeriKan idea of sanity and normalcy.

Night after night, and day after day. Sanity is paraded in front of us on the nightly news. Sanity in the form of celebrity gossip, and government funded scare tactics. So long as we are scared and stupid like so many bleating sheep, we can sleep soundly with the comfort of knowing that we are sane. There are no madmen here dear friend. No not here, not in the great land of AmeriKa.

Insanity is kept at bay here in this sacred land of dead and defiled heroes. Here in this land where we crush the dreams, and grind the hopes of our citizens under the steel shanked heel of freedom, and democracy.

Do not be sad though dear readers. No do not be sad, dry your tears. You have nothing to be worried or upset about, because you are sane. You are doing the right thing. Punching your time clocks, pumping out children, making your mortgage payments, assessing your debt to income ratio, and realizing you stand a fifty fifty chance of either paying off your house or dying before it’s done. Knowing your children will be paying off your debts before they accrue their own. All this is sanity my friends. Embrace it. Take it to your collective teats and let it suckle.

Whatever you do, do not become a mad man. Do not be like me. There is cold comfort to be had in insanity.

 

           

           

© 2008 Bradford S. Perry


Author's Note

Bradford S. Perry
again...I was drunk.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Bradford S. Perry
Bradford S. Perry

Portales, NM



About
Biography eh? I'm not really sure what to put here. I've been writing for a couple of years now, and most people seem to like what I do. So I guess I'm at least readable. I'm married, and have a 7.. more..

Writing