Kinetic World: Chapter 4

Kinetic World: Chapter 4

A Chapter by Prototato
"

...you get the idea.

"
I suppose I should explain what I mean by ‘Powers’. I’m not claiming to have ESP or be some other kind of mystic, nor am I claiming to have some sort of sixth sense. No, I mean I have powers. As in, explosive powers.
‘Explosive’ is more accurate than you’d think.
I have powers that let me trigger explosions, even generate them out of thin air. It seems like a miracle, and it is. It is a miraculous double-edged sword. I’ve already hurt too many people with these powers. I feel like Bruce Banner and the Hulk, like Jekyll and Hide. I have something to define me, something to make me unique to others, and yet if I were to show it, I would be experimented on. I would be chased after to find out my abilities. I don’t want anyone else to be cursed with this. I don’t want this used for war. I don’t want it to hurt anyone else.
However, I was not always in this mindset.
The first time I discovered that I had these powers, it was an accident. I was extremely stressed out the previous night due to homework, and in the morning, I had been making myself a mug of coffee. My mind was still roiling when I was scared half to death by one of my cats bullet under my legs. I felt something in me click, something snap or lock. The mug in my hands suddenly exploded into a fine powder, the coffee evaporating, and there was a bright flash and a bang. Thank god my sister was in the bathroom and my dad was already on his way to work when that happened, else… I don’t even like to think about what might have happened. I passed it off as the mug exploding in the microwave, and told my sistet that I brought it out to the outside garbage can, so as to not rip the garbage bag in the kitchen.
That was three years ago.
Since then, I have kept track of the incidents in a journal. Allow me to read the four major ones.
Ahem!

July 1, 20XX
Today, I was sent to the Principal’s Office. My ‘powers’ triggered when I got in a fight today. The other person walked up behind me and smacked me in the back of the head. I whipped around, and the kid was blasted (literally) against a wall. It looked like I punched him that way, and it created cracks in the wall that he hit. The sparse people around us looked over and swarned the kid. I just stood frozen. I only stood straight again when I heard and adult yell. Don’t ask me what they said, because I wouldn’t have any idea. Need to find a way to control these powers.

January 23, 20XX
Another power-related mishap. This time, the outcome was far from good. I was approached by a strange man on the street, and I suspected he may be following me. My mind raced, and felt myself ready an explosive blast. There was nobody around, since we were walking through a fairly rural area, so nobody really was there to see anything. I saw a small blast in front of me, and I turned around extremely quickly. The blast I summoned created a hole in his side. Blood spilled, and I ran. When I turned around, there was nothing behind me at all. I blinked and inspected the scene.
No dead body, no man. No blood, no sign that anything was disturbed. I blinked again and sighed with relief. I had an anxiety attack half a second later. Am I losing my mind, or is something else going on?

September 12, 20XX
Today, I saw something that I don’t think I should have. It was a monstrous abomination, bearing a mouth quite literally from ear to ear, body blood red and eyes simple black beads on its broad face. It had slits in it’s face for a nose, and it’s spine jutted out from it’s body as though wanting to escape the ugliness. It’s arms impossibly long and muscular with five talon-like fingers at the ends, and it’s legs half as long and still just as muscular, it bolted by in the woods I was walking through. Dirt flew from under it’s feet as the very earth it tread on rumbled as though telling the thing to stop. I only caught a fleeting glance, but I am beginning to fear those woods. Hopefully, it doesn’t leave them. My powers of nervousness blasted a crater under my feet, and I did my best to cover it back up.

February 19, 20XX
Today, I was confronted by government officials in riot gear on the walk home. They only asked me questions, but they were questions that I knew were related to my powers. “Have you felt odd lately?” “Anything different going on with you than normal?” “Any odd phenomena that you’ve seen lately?” They assumed that I would tell them. I thought about it, and I could have made their gear explode on their persons. I decided against it and responded with a solid “No” to every question. Once they turned and left, I walked home again. I sensed someone following me, and when I whipped around, I caught a glance of what appeared to be a gun of some kind and a black vest. My nervousness made a small explosion around my feet, and I turned tail and ran. I hope that soldier didn’t see anything.

I still feel that those soldiers are following me. I need to be far more careful.
They may try to turn me into some sort of bio-weapon. I refuse to be used for any violent means. I just wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I killed other people. I felt immensely terrible about the incidents where I injured other people, and still haven’t found it in myself to forgive myself.
Now that you know about my powers, the next chapter will make a lot more sense.


© 2017 Prototato


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 15, 2017
Last Updated on April 17, 2017
Tags: Kinesis, world, Kinesis World, protato, kinetic, kinetic world


Author

Prototato
Prototato

Little Canada, MN



About
I'm an aspiring author of 16 years, and according to my family and friends, I have some sort of raw talent for it. Personally, I don't see it... What I DO see is my insanity. I'd love for your anal.. more..

Writing
The Park The Park

A Story by Prototato


The Plague The Plague

A Poem by Prototato