CHAPTER VI – WRATH

CHAPTER VI – WRATH

A Chapter by Maximus. R.

CHAPTER VI �" WRATH

 

            Tubal-Cain and his men rushes to the battle scene, and soon they began actively engaging the amphibious terrorists. As predicted, the humans were no contest for the Leviathans. Nevertheless, they were fighting alongside the Minotaurs. They directly engaged the Leviathans and battled bravely, until they met their inevitable end. Tubal-Cain, the last man standing among them was fiercely fighting for his life. His courageous fellows are all dead, killed by the same monsters who at this point, are maneuvering to take his life. As the fighting continues, the Anakim seems to be winning, but Dagon was actively seeking to shift away the momentum. Nobody seemed physically fit to scuffle with Dagon, except for perhaps King Og. However, he was nowhere to be found on the battlefield. Therefore, the arduous task fell unto Tubal-Cain and Icarus, who combined their strengths in an attempt to subdue this menacing villain. While Icarus launched an aerial assault from above, Tubal-Cain was combating down below. Despite all their efforts, Dagon couldn't be beaten. Meanwhile, the flood level had become progressively higher inside the enclosure. The water has made it quite difficult for Tubal-Cain to maneuver effectively, while trying to avoid Dagon's vicious attacks. “Puny humans, today you shall all perish,” shouted Dagon. Then, the foreseeable occurred. Tubal-Cain took in a totally devastating blow to the head.

            While calmly perched on the narrow ledges of the palace, King Og closely observed the scene, and said “You have spilled enough blood for today Dagon. Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?" King Og leap down from where he stood, and he landed in between Dagon and Tubal-Cain's twitching body. Og at this point, is the only principal character who's capable of standing in Dagon's path, preventing him from finishing off Tubal-Cain. Dagon began haphazardly splashing the water around him and said, “Surely. They weren't meant to be. Look around dear brother, the age of mankind has come to an end. Do you actually believe, that a world surrounded mostly by water, was made to rule by a being, which has no gills"? Icarus immediately rushes to Tubal-Cain's rescue, but he was a tad too late, for Tubal-Cain was beginning to go into trauma. Icarus dragged Tubal-Cain's body away towards a safer area. His body started shivering uncontrollably as a blend of blood and rain rush out of his mouth and nose. Tubal-Cain had suffered a fatal injury, and there was nothing that could be done to save his life. Tubal-Cain violently coughed up more blood, and unavoidably; he died.

            While covering up Tubal-Cain's cadaver Icarus full of tears said,"The dust shall return to the earth whence it came, and the soul shall return unto whom gave it. Azrael, Azrael, have mercy on him, you who bore fear in the mighty and demise all inequities. If it were not for your indispensable chore, pain and suffering would have infinitely prevailed. Peace be with all whom death has united in this field, the last home of so many dearly departed. Grant to the souls of our departed the remission of all their sins, so that by my pious supplications, they may obtain the jubilation of heaven". As an attestator to the death of Tubal-Cain's sister, Icarus became severely disrupted by the fact that now Naamah’s brother lays lifeless in his arms. When menacing thunderstorms and lightning began erupting in the sky, Icarus warmly welcomed it. The distant roars were alike an outward manifestation of the storm that's raging inside of him. Icarus was filled with rage and incapable of sustaining this perilous emotion much longer. He suddenly let go on a shrill cry of anger. He then picked up Tubal-Cain's battle axe, extended his broad wings and flew upwards, higher towards the dark rainy sky. He went way up, beyond the clouds and similar to a falcon plunging down on its prey; Icarus descended upon Dagon. With a single stroke of his axe, he sliced off Dagon apart in two pieces, instantly killing him. Then Icarus staggered backwards nine paces before falling dead himself, for he had been poisoned by the Leviathan's deadly sting.

            Meanwhile in hell, Cain had the dilemma of Lucifer in his hands to deal with, and he had no idea how to get himself rid of him. A gentle voice arises from a pond nearby and said, “Leave him alone Lucifer”. Within the bounds of hell Cain couldn't see who it was at first, but the voice sounded quite familiar to him. Cain turned around, and to his surprise, it was his dearly beloved wife Serena. “Why have you forsaken me?" asked Cain. She gradually rose herself from the water, and exposed her extreme complexity to him. Serena was, in reality, a mermaid, the half-woman, half-fish entity that Lilith had earlier created in hell. She's the only inborn of hell, capable of departing from it. This is due to her ability to successfully navigate the waterways of the abyss, and entering the outer surface via the ocean. Cain’s discovering of Serena down by the river and falling in love with her weren't by mere coincidence. She was sent into the human realm, with the sole purpose of populating the earth with her lineage. Cain was falsely led to believe that he could have an ordinary life, even after he was cursed. After Cain drowned and died, he came back to life, revived at the same age that he was, when he brutally murdered his siblings...

 

PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION OF THIS BOOK @:

https://www.createspace.com/3461346

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SHDPYU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003SHDPYU

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/16989



© 2010 Maximus. R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on December 4, 2010
Tags: WRATH
Previous Versions


Author

Maximus. R.
Maximus. R.

Zambia



Writing
LILITH - Script I LILITH - Script I

A Screenplay by Maximus. R.


LILITh LILITh

A Chapter by Maximus. R.


PROLOGUE PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Maximus. R.