Ordinary saviours

Ordinary saviours

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

For the little (and perhaps lifesaving) acts of kindness.

"

Yes, the world is hard.
I am not going to sugar-coat it- life can really be a b***h sometimes. But when you think "Hey, maybe this is it, maybe this is all it will ever be" and then someone comes and holds the door for you, helps you carry your shopping, or just smiles at you in the street you realise "Maybe I am not so alone, maybe other people feel like this too". Sometimes that thought can bring you back from the edge of a cliff or help you put down the pills and close the bottle. Never underestimate your small acts of kindness, because maybe you just made someone's day. Maybe you just saved a life.

Need more convincing, watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/btiDHCuWyBA?rel=0

© 2014 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
I think sometimes people need reminding :).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

totally agree....small acts of kindness are enough to bring back the faith in humanity...
Great job :)
Maumil

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!!!!!!
wow....this lil writing made my day... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I am glad :)
This is really excellent. And so true too. Thanks for sharing this!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

I am so happy you like it, thank you so much for the review :)
Family, friends and even strangers can be or bring blessings into our lives. Excellent...:)....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)......
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:).....................
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

:):::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A good reminder. People can be blessings to us; we can be blessings to other people.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

I am glad you like it. Thank you for the review!
I agree. Small acts can do great things. Thank you for the video and wise advice.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you and you are welcome
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

:)...........................
I really like the sentient behind the story but are you going to be expanding it into a full monologue?

You do have a few grammatical errors, just general mistakes:

Line one: "Yes the world is hard."
Should be "Yes, the world is hard."

Comma after 'yes'

Line two: "I am not going to sugar coat it, life can really be a b***h sometimes."
Should be "I am not going to sugar coat it- life can really be a b***h sometimes."

Dash in between 'it' and 'life'. You have you statement (or 'independent clause) which is "I'm not going to sugar coat it" and your thought "life can really be a b***h sometimes". Even though your thought is actually a statement the way you wrote it out matched the format of independent clause and thought, resulting in a dash between the two. (Don't mistake a dash for a hyphen- they're two different things.)

Line two: "sugar coat"
Should be "sugar-coat"

Hyphen in between 'sugar' and 'coat'. This is kind of iffy when it comes to grammar but generally the two words are hyphenated.

Line two: "'Hey maybe this is it"
Should be "Hey, maybe this is it"

Comma after 'hey'

Sometimes starting sentences with conjunctions is grammatically correct but your sentence "Or just smiles at you in the street" should not be a complete sentence on its own. It is understood, but when reading in your mind it becomes halting and awkward in the flow of words. "Helps you carry your shopping." is a fragmented sentence and should also not be on its own.

The grammatically correct version of that part should be:

But when you think "Hey maybe this is it, maybe this is all it will ever be" AND then someone comes and holds the door for you, helps you carry your shopping, or just smiles at you in the street you realise "Maybe I am not so alone, maybe other people feel like this too".

That entire part needs to become one sentence or it makes little sense.

The next sentence ("And sometimes that thought can bring you back from the edge of a cliff, help you put down the pills and close the bottle.") should not start with 'And' either. This is because you do not want to overuse the word 'and' in so short a piece. Also, after the comma, you need an 'or' to make the writing flow smoother.

It would become:

"Sometimes that thought can bring you back from the edge of a cliff, or help you put down the pills and close the bottle."

The sentence after that does not need to start with 'so'.

Your last sentence also should not start with 'and'. When a sentence can start itself without having the 'and' in front of it the 'and' becomes irrelevant to the writing. Also, it becomes more effective, more passionate, without the 'and'.

So you piece would become:

Yes, the world is hard.
I am not going to sugar-coat it- life can really be a b***h sometimes. But when you think "Hey, maybe this is it, maybe this is all it will ever be" and then someone comes and holds the door for you, helps you carry your shopping, or just smiles at you in the street you realise "Maybe I am not so alone, maybe other people feel like this too". Sometimes that thought can bring you back from the edge of a cliff or help you put down the pills and close the bottle. Never underestimate your small acts of kindness, because maybe you just made someone's day. Maybe you just saved a life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sanguine

9 Years Ago

Also please excuse my grammatical errors. I miss spelled 'your' (I wrote 'you') and in the final par.. read more
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing