Death and her son

Death and her son

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

For the Death's Kid contest

"

Sep kept checking his phone and email, wishing someone would make contact. His mother was out and he was hopelessly lonely. He was also depressed, I mean having a mother who happened to be the harbinger of death itself would be enough to make anyone depressed. Sephtis, Sep to his friends, was 14 years old, dark haired, grey eyed and the only child of Death. His mother had become pregnant to a demon called Lucifer who was Sep's father but he rarely left the underworld so Sep didn't see much of him.

 

Sep stood up from his computer and stretched, looking out the at the front garden of 666 Pentagon Place, their current residence. Since they were always moving Sep didn't go to school and most of his friends were strictly online only. Except for Alva, his best and most trusted friend. Alva was a demon that Sep had met in the early 1800's in Portugal while his mother was seeing to a dying baby. But Alva was currently somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean learning how to create storms.

 

Sep heard the door open downstairs and someone come in and turn on the TV. It must be Dracul, his mum's demon lover, because she never watched TV. Sep sighed, he wasn't overly fond of Dracul he found him to arrogant and aggressive, but after 3 days completely alone he was prepared to put up with even Dracul for some real company.

 

When Sep got downstairs it was indeed Dracul he found. "Where is your mother!?" Dracul demanded as soon as Sep came into the lounge. "I don't know" Sep replied shrugging warily. "What do you mean you don't know!?" Darcul snarled, rising from the couch. He was a big guy with white skin a shock of black hair, heavy slanted eyes and a full but cruel looking mouth.

 

"I mean" Sep said, holding his ground as Dracul advanced towards him, "That she didn't tell me where she was going before she left, genius". Dracul growled and grad Sephtis by the throat, lifting him into the air and shaking him. "Darcul" said a cool feminine voice, "Put my son down". Darcul dropped Sep like he had burned him and glowered down at him. "Sephtis" the woman said, "Are you ok?". Sep nodded and looked towards the doorway of the lounge. Standing at the doorway was a beautiful raven haired woman with blood red lips and dark shining eyes. "Go to your room, Dracul" Death commanded icily, "I will call you when I need you".

 

Dracul stormed out of the room, throwing dirty looks over his shoulder at the now standing Sep. Once Dracul had left, Death embraced her son, pulling him tight to her chest and kissing the top of his head. "I am sorry I left you alone for so long" she cooed, "It is just I had a whole Ebola outbreak in Africa to deal with". Sep nodded, he knew how busy his mother was and had almost become used to being left alone, almost. "Come on" she said "I brought your favourite, chicken pea and ham soup with croutons".        

 

 

 

Most intriguing piece

May 1, 2015


 

 

© 2015 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
Just a short story for the Death's Kid contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really really good. Your very talented. The concept that death is a woman with a son is really cool.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for the reviews!!
This is pretty good. I like the way you brought in the different demons, and it ends with a mother feeding her son.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review Marie, I really appreciate all the support you have given me on .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: death, child, teen, dark

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing