A Simple Truth

A Simple Truth

A Poem by Anthony Morningstar

 

You think you’re the one that’s felt pain?
I’m sick and tired of hearing how you’re the only that’s felt this way. That no one knows the pain that you’ve felt. Get over yourself you're not really that important to carry something like that around. If it hurts so bad let it go. And move on. You're as a bad as a poseur. You know what a poseur is right? Someone that thinks they belong to this group but doesn’t
And i'm sick of seeing of being around poseurs I never was around a lot of people in high school I don’t hang out with that many people now. You wanna know why I don’t like poseurs. It's even worse they don’t know that they don’t belong. Standing out there thinking that someday the wizard is going to come along and give them a soul. That with enough hardship that some how they're going to get it. That with pain comes along this great insight. Well pain mounts up just like years mount up. It doesn’t mean anything if you’ve lived though this and lived through that. What did you learn other then the fact that it was really f*****g hard? That now you’ve got a scar on what you think is your soul
Nah f**k it let me go. Get off the f*****g stage right now. What are you doing up there tell me. Do you plan on getting rich striking it rich. Well you just might who knows maybe there's someone out there that can help you sell out. I mean that’s what you really want you don’t care about this thing called art. You don’t really care about music. If I was weak I would say that I’m sorry for busting your chops. But if you feel any guilt then I guess that you should right now. You don’t deserve to be here. You should’ve never come. Give away your musical equipment to someone that has a soul someone that can use it. But you won't because you don’t know anyone like. And if you do you hate them because when you see them you understand that they have something that you will never have save if you live to 120 and even then f**k it but chances are slim I’m not a betting man but I think you’d be better off going to Vegas.
And having a soul just isn’t enough. So you have a soul but when you're up you chicken you out why do you do that. Do you think that we deserve only 80 percent of what you have that we deserve 50 percent. No wait have another drink I forgot you need to loosen up those nerves. I mean f**k loosen it up to the point where you have no nerves. Because besides this is supposed to be easy I mean everyone can do it. But that’s not true and you know it. So drown yourself in your booze, go get gacked, go get snowblind just a little trip just a little hit do it all. No don’t think I’m condemning you for doing drugs. But there's a point between it helping you out and it just being a crutch. You decide where you're at with it.
So what does it take? What does it take? All work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes a jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. So don’t just be here and [expect us?] to think you're something special because you're serious all the time. That you're sad all the time. You’re a human be a human so me what it's like to be human. Give me your pain. Give me your confusion give me what you feel right now even if you’re playing a song i've heard a thousand times before. I can only take what you give me in this moment. you can only make it better in this moment. The past is gone the future's not quite here but this moment this is what I’ve been for give me my present.
Don’t hold back give me what you got. I don’t care if you hit the right note. Make the wrong note sound right make the wrong words what needs to be said. F**k what I say. F**k what this audience says synapse fire differently in head then in yours that’s what pushing me to think this way. Maybe you’ve never thought and maybe you’ll just think I’m crazy but what if there are angels and there is a god or gods. They both hate us. Anything outside of humans hate us because what I feel right now is freedom I can do what I feel no one controls what I feel. And when you create that’s what the gods the angels are looking at. Trying to understand and get closer to what it means to be human. Do it for yourself cause you feel better afterwards not for the b***h in the corner of the room not for the cute guy don’t do it for some f*****g a*s. You’ve got this moment make the most of it. Even if no one is paying attention to you. F**k em all f**k me.

© 2009 Anthony Morningstar


Author's Note

Anthony Morningstar
A backlash of all the stuff that I don't like to see people do. Special thanks to C.Boyln hope I spelled that name right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can honestly say I can relate to this poem to some extent. I do believe that we've all had that moment of feeling like we're the only ones in the entire world of nearly seven billion people who has felt this way.
It can be nerve-wracking and emotionally frustrating, but it all happens to the best of us.


But great piece! Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

C. Boylan. Close enough though, what's a vowel between friends?
Glad you posted this man; it's an intense read because of the anger fuelling it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can honestly say I can relate to this poem to some extent. I do believe that we've all had that moment of feeling like we're the only ones in the entire world of nearly seven billion people who has felt this way.
It can be nerve-wracking and emotionally frustrating, but it all happens to the best of us.


But great piece! Keep up the good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 17, 2009

Author

Anthony Morningstar
Anthony Morningstar

Tigard, OR



About
Hello there's a lot of meaniness in my writings and it's good thing that it stays there. But I'm not like that. I like to read mostly things that aren't really close to what I write. I turned off t.. more..

Writing