Regret

Regret

A Story by loveless
"

A short series of dialogues between a son and his deceased father. Not actually a poem but I don't know which type should I put it in.

"
"I should have done it when I had the chance... and now... It seems impossible to do... You warned me about it dad... I should have done as you've said it but I didn't... I can't do anything now... I give up..."

"Hey.. You're giving up... That's nothing like my son as I know..."

"Dad... Where are you?"

"I'm here... In the other world... "

"Come back to here... I need you... "

"I can't come back... And right now, you don't need me... I know you have the power to do it my son... I sensed it all along... I know you can do it... "

"No dad... I can't even use one of my arms... And I feel so weak... I'm out of energy"

"It may appear that you are weak... But what's draining your strength is yourself... Tell me my son... What is the thing that you regret?"

"It was my fault that you died dad... Because I got carried away... Drowned in my own desires... Not thinking of anything or anyone... I should have followed your directions and things may be different... "

"Hey who knows what would have happened... Maybe if that hadn't happened, it could have been worse than that now... For all we know that what you did was the best you can do at that time... Sometimes life is just too uncertain to have regrets... And you can't change the past... Can you? But my son... You surely can create a new future... "

"Yeah but... "

"If you want to blame anyone for this... blame fate... Fate can be pretty tricky at times... And so can be life... All we can do is just keep going on... Now stop feeling sorry for me and give it all you have..."

"I will! Dad... For you... I'll make you proud... Thank you dad... You saved me again... You'll always be my hero!"

© 2016 loveless


Author's Note

loveless
Ignore grammar errors!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: Regret, dad, son, impossible, giveup, life, weak, death, future, blame

Author

loveless
loveless

CA



About
When the war of beasts Brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss Her gift everlasting more..

Writing
The Brave The Brave

A Story by loveless