Kindness

Kindness

A Story by loveless
"

A story about the circle of life!

"
It was morning. The sun was just out from its night slumber. A little boy, almost twelve years in age, black hair, green eyes, slender body was playing in the corner of the park that was for kids. His name was Daniel. His friends and other kids were there too, some having fun with the slides, some playing with each other silly games that I don't know names of.

He was swinging on a swing. He was thinking about the psp he asked his dad for and his dad had promised him. But still he can't wait for it. All his friends have one. He wanted it too. when he saw an old lady nearby that place. That lady with white shirt hair, wrinkles on her face, with a small bag around her shoulders, was just there to enjoy a nice view of nature at park. But she seemed to be worried. She was searching for something down on the ground for some yum . Daniel got up from swings.

"Where are you going?" his friends asked from behind.

"I'll be right back. You have fun" he said and went near that old lady.

"Hello ma'am, do you need any help?" Daniel asked that old lady with a smile on his face.

The old lady was surprised when she looked at that little kid offering to help her. It's been quiet a while but not anyone stopped around and asked he if she needs any help. No one cares about anyone else. She was expecting an adult but at the end a little kid came to her with so innocent smile.

"Yes, my son, one of my contact lens fell somewhere while I was trying to adjust it. I won't be able to drive without it. Will you help me find it please"

"Oh, Ok." Daniel said and started to search for her lens with the old lady. It was hard for that lady to bend. Daniel saw this.

"You can sit, I'll find it"

"It won't feel good that I just sit and you do all work"

"It's alright, don't worry, I'll find it, you sit" Daniel said as he made that lady sit on the bench. And then he started to look for it again.
After half an hour of hard work. He finally found it.

"I found it. I found it" he shouted with happiness as he looked at that. The old lady heard it and felt happy too. Her worries ended. She took the lens from the boy, cleaned it with a liquid that was in her purse and put in in her eyes.

"Oh, thank you..." the old lady felt stupid. It's been half hour and that little boy was helping her for all time and still she didn't even asked his name. "Oh sorry honey, I forgot. What is your name. I'm Cathy. "

"You're welcome ms Cathy. And its alright. My name is Daniel"

"Oh thank you again Daniel. I don't know what I could've done without you. Is there anything I could buy you or get you?" old lady said. She knew no amount of money could replace the sweet kindness that boy had showed to her. But she wanted to do something for the boy.

Daniel thought for a moment. He thought of asking her for a psp he needed. But his dad had promised him it and he couldn't have let his hard work go to vain in an instant. His dad was overworking almost every day so that he could get it. And he respected him for that.

"No miss Cathy I don't want anything. Just promise me that whenever you come across someone in need of your help, help that one and remember me."

The old lady was shocked to hear so wise and big words from the mouth of a small kid.

"Can you do that please? My parents have taught me this"

"Yes I will. Surely"

"Thank you. Now I shall better go. My friends are waiting for me there." Daniel started to run towards the place where his friends were.

"Daniel!" the old lady shouted. He looked behind towards that lady.

"You are an angel!" Cathy said and showed him a heart made by her hands by curling the fingers inside and joining the thumbs of both hands.

Daniel smiled and so did Cathy.


That lady drove off from that place. As she was driving she realised she was hungry. She hadn't had breakfast and had drove off straight to the park to enjoy the morning sunlight. She saw Starbucks as she was driving and planned to drink latte.

She entered the Starbucks and sat on the table. A young boy came to her table and asked her order.

"One latte, extra cream and little sugar please" old lady said to that boy.

"Ok ma'am" he said and gave her order to his fellow and went near his place and was spending his time with a book. Not a novel but for study, old lady guessed from the cover. Not many people were there.

Her ordered had arrived. That boy took the tray and delivered it to her table.

"Why didn't you went to college young man? I can see you like studying"

"Well I need to pay college dues so need to do extra work" he said with a smile but clearly sadness was behind that smile. He surely loved studies and he wanted to be with his friends.

Cathy felt sad. But she then remembered that kid who had helped her. And she was sure she will help that young boy.

After she was finished. She put some money on the table for her latte and something inside the napkin for that young man. She went to the parking lot.

That man got the money for her order and opened the napkin. He was shocked. That old lady had left her five notes of 100$ as a tip.

The boy ran after her. He wanted to meet her. He thought it must have been a mistake by her part. He found Cathy. She was about to open the door of her car.

"Ma'am" he shouted

"I think you made a mistake in tip!" he had that napkin in his hand and his hand upwards. Still running to the cathy.

"I think you made a mistake" he said again as he stopped in front of her.

"That is no mistake my dear"

"You've left 500$ for me!"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Well you need that money, don't you?"

"I need it but it feels awkward to have that huge help from a stranger"

"What's your name young man. I'm Cathy"

"I'm John"

"See we aren't strangers now"

"But..."

"You owe me nothing John. Not go to your college and study or have fun with your friend. It's not much but I think it will be enough for a couple of days"

"Thank you ma'am, thank you so much"

"You're welcome"

"Can I do something for you in return?"

"Well if you see someone in need of your help next time, just remember me, and help that one"

"Ma'am will you wait for a bit? Please" he said and he ran to a nearby shop of flowers and bought a rose for that lady. And gave it to Cathy.

"Thank you" Cathy said

"You are an angel!"

And then he stood there waving good bye to her she she went away in her car.


It was afternoon. John had took off from work, though he got a little cut in pay but he could make it up next time, and went straight to college. Straight off, he paid the dues with the money, and took two classes.

It was break now. He went to canteen with his friends and had food. Though he forgot the timings of his classes and he had to run. He was already late.

He ran to his classes. He knew he was late but there was still a chance that he will still make it.

He was running down the hallway when he saw a girl, brown hair, dark eyes, she had glasses, wearing a white sweater sheer at the arm length, and blue jeans. She was having about seven books in her hand and a handbag hanging around her shoulders.

The floor was a little wet at that time because it was just cleaned. Moreover, the sandals she was wearing were slippery. So as she stepped forward, her leg tripped forward. She couldn't maintain her balance as one legs kept on going in forward direction. She fell on ground. The books in her hand fell on ground with her. He handbag had fell too some of the things from her handbag got scattered on the ground.

She started crying. She was not from the same town, it was her first week, she was being picked by others before. When she fell, she felt bad that she couldn't even handle such simple task of carrying books and she started crying.

John was running. He was already late. Then he thought about Cathy who had helped him. He had to stop and so he slipped on the ground and went ahead of that girl while slipping. He came back to that girl who was still crying.

He started to collect the books. And the cry of that girl stopped. She was surprised as she saw a stranger helping her. She was shocked. She never expected this.

He collected all books and made a pile of them near that girl. Then he collected all the belongings of that girl that had fell from handbag and put them inside the bag.

"Who are you?" she asked that boy while he was collecting her belongings. She was shocked so she didn't even moved. How much happens that some stranger just pops out of nowhere and helps you.

"I'm John. What's your name?"

"I'm Amy"

"Nice name you have"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Do what?"

"Helping me"

"Well I just felt you needed my help"

"That's just too sweet of you"

He collected all the items, put it in her handbag and made a gesture of giving it to her.

"So may I know why you were crying?" he asked the girl as she picked her bag. He picked those books and they both stood up.

"I feel stupid for falling and having all things scattered"

"I'm pretty sure this can alone be no reason for your cry. You can share with me. I may help you"

"Well it's my first week, and all the other girls are picking on me for being from another town and my dressing sense and all that. It's being too irritating and making me sad"

"So are you in same class as those girls" John said pointing towards a bunch of girls.

"Yeah, those are the girls the one that pick on me"

"Trust me, the next part of your day will be much better"

"How?"

"Just trust me." he said on response. Actually one of the girl was the sister of his friend. He knew her very well. He was pretty sure that if he asked her to be nice to that new girl, she will definitely be.

"Thank you!"

"Don't thank me. If you see someone in need of help, just help that one and remember me"

"Now I better go to my classes." he said as he handed her the books. And started to go towards his class.

"John!" she said and he looked behind

"Yes"

"You are an angel!"


After his class, John directly went to his friends sister and told her to be nice to the new girl. He found out that they all were just having fun and didn't knew that it hurt Amy that much.

As soon as Amy entered her class, all the girls surrounded her. She thought that she will be picked on again. But she was surprised when they all said in unison.

"We're sorry"

Amy gladly accepted their sorry. Amy soon became friends with all the girls. She became a part of their group. She was happy. She didn't knew how to thank that boy from back then. It was the best day of this week for her.

In evening she went back to her home. She laid on bed and she had just started to relax in her room when she heard a knock on the dock door.

"Amy" the voice said. It was actually her brother, Oliver, she knew. They didn't talked much. They weren't much close so they didn't bothered with each others life ever. So it was unusual of her brother knocking her door.

"Yeah" she answered

"Can I come in?"

"Yes you can"

Oliver entered his sister's room. His clothes were messy and some color had been spilled on them.

"What you need?"

"Do you know about that project I was working on from last week?"

"No, you didn't told me about anything"

"Well I actually just started it then and I have to submit it tomorrow. But I forgot about it during week. I've to submit it tomorrow. I know I won't be able to complete it alone so I was thinking if you could help me." though he knew that he had no chance of being helped by his sister.

"I just had a very busy day. I had just started relaxing"

"Ok I understand" Oliver responded.

Then Amy just remembered of John. Who was already late for his classes and still he helped her pick those fallen books and also saved her from being picked on by her now friends.

Oliver started to go towards his room again.

"I will help you" Amy said to him. He couldn't believe his ears. His sister who always never helped him anything was saying she will help him. He was shocked.

"Did I heard correct?"

"Yes!"

"May I know what had happened to you? Did you injured your head or you had an accident?"

"No dummy"

"Then why are you going to help me today?"

"Well an someone helped me and he asked me to help other one"

Oliver was still surprised.

"Who someone?"

"A person named John"

"Oh so you like him?"

"Noo.... Well in a way yes... But that's not my reason... He didn't even knew me and still he helped me a big deal... Now will you stop your interrogation or you want me to change my mind"

"I won't surely mind a helping hand"

They both went to oliver's room and as soon started working on the project. It took them both four hours but they almost finished it. It was dead dark when they were so near to have it all done. Oliver didn't thought his sister would be of that much help but her ideas and experience helped him finish it in one fourth of time he would have needed alone. But something in his project was missing.

"Oliver, where is this part of your project"

"It's in my bag. And my bag...oh I forgot. I left my bag at nick's house when we were playing. I better go and get the bag."

"Yeah be quick"

"You can go to rest now, I'll complete it quick when I'll be back"

"Don't just doze off thinking of doing it in morning"

"Thank you sis" Oliver said as he started to walk towards the door of his room

"Don't thank me. Next time you see someone in need of help, just remember me and help that one"

"Sis"

"Yes"

"You are an angel" he said to her and ran to his car parked in the garage.


It was night time and it started to rain as soon as Oliver turned on the engine. The house of nick was half an hour drive from his place. And he planned he would just pop in his friend's house, get his bag and run to his home to finish.

It was raining heavily. Not many cars were on the road. It was tempting to run car fast but still he managed to stay under the speed limit. He was halfway when he saw a car standing at the side. The bonut of the car was open and a lady, in her middle years of life, was trying to fix something in the car. She was all wet by the rain.

Oliver wanted to not look that lady and go on to fetch his bag. But then he remembered what his sis had said. To help someone in need. So he stopped his car near that lady and opened the window so he could talk to her.

"Do you need any help ma'am?" he asked

The lady was surprised. From past fifteen minutes many car pad passed from nearby and no one stopped even when she was waving her hand and asking them to stop. But then a young man stopped near her on his own.

"Yes, my engine suddenly stopped working. And I don't know what is wrong with it. And worse my phone is dead."

"I have forgot my phone at home too"

"Oh that's bad"

"Let me see what is wrong" though Oliver didn't liked being wet in rain that much but still something pulled him out of his car. He shrugged at the feel of his clothes becoming wet. He went nest that broken car. He tried several minutes to fix the car but he failed.

"I can't see any problem either"

"So what shall I do"

"Where do you need to go?"

"I need to go at my office, some minutes away from here. I have some work to do before morning. I can call my husband from there to pick me up."

"I'll drop you at your office"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"But I'm all wet, your car seat will get messed up"

"And so am I. Don't worry, I'll dry the seats tomorrow. Hop in." and with that Oliver sat on the driver's seat and that lady got her purse and bag from her car and got inside oliver's car.

"What is you name, hero?"

Oliver chuckled at the title that lady gave him. "My name is Oliver ma'am"

"Grace"

"What?"

"My name is grace"

"Nice to meet you ms grace"

"Oh you don't know, it's much more nice to meet you. And sorry I didn't said it before but thank you"

"Don't thank me ms grace. Just promise me that if you see someone in need of your help, you will help that one and remember me"

"I will surely."

"I needed to pick my bag from my friends house. Can I turn there first. I'll drop you to that place as soon as I fetch my bag"

"Oh it's alright"

Oliver raced his car to his friends home. Picked up his bag and drove straight to the office of grace. When grace got off from the car and was just about to go inside. She looked behind and said

"Oliver"

"Yes"

"You are an angel"


Grace quickly went to her cabin and there she had an extra pair of clothes she had inside her drawer for emergency. She called her husband to pick her up from her office, who was a little lazy but still he agreed to pick her up in fifteen minutes.

She first changed quickly and then took the files she needed at a very important meeting tomorrow at a place near her home.

She was going downstairs but then she saw light from a computer. Someone was still there working. She was surprised. She couldn't figure out who that one was because most of the lights were off.

"Who is that?" she asked

That man looked at her and said "It's Ethan ma'am"

"Oh Ethan!" she knew that guy. He was the most hard working guy of her whole staff. She had never talked one to one with Ethan because he was new and that month was too busy for garage. But Ethan was soon to get a promotion in a few weeks. "What are you doing here Ethan?"

"I'm working overtime"

"It's been a week since you were working overtime. You'd hurt your health if you keep it up"

"Well I need money as soon as I can"

"Why you need money that much?"

"I need to buy my son a game and its pretty expensive. But it's his wish and I want to give it to him as soon as I could. So I need to work more." everyone knew that Ethan's son had last stage cancer and he was about to die anytime. It was sad but nature can't be helped. Some things just have to happen no matter how much we don't want it to happen.

"You're a nice dad Ethan. By the way, how much money you need?"

"Around 5k"

Grace remembered her promise to Oliver and thought of helping Ethan in making his son happy. She took out money from her bag and gave it in Ethan's hand.

"What's this?"

"It's 5k Ethan. Go buy the game for your child"

"It's too much, I can't take it"

"Just think you are being paid double in advance for your overtime."

"But.."

"It's alright. You owe me nothing. Just take it and make your son happy. Your promotion letter will be sent to you tomorrow morning. It's too late now and I can't type. And one more thing. You can take a few days off whenever"

This was the best thing someone could give to him. A few days off so he could spend more time with his son and money to get his son the game he wants.

"Thank you ma'am. Thank you so much"

"Don't thank me Ethan. But whenever you find someone needs your help, help that one and remember me"

"I promise"

As grace was going to the exit door. Ethan shouted.

"Ms grace!"

"Yes" she responded

"You are an angel!"


Ethan switched off his computer and directly went to store. He bought the game his son wanted. And went at home.

"Dad dad" he was greeted by a sweet voice of his boy.

"Oh hi Dan. You're awake for so long?"

"He wanted to see you before he goes to sleep" his wife answered.

"Here Dan. See what dad have bought for you" he handed his boy the box.

There was no limit of happiness of Daniel who was waiting for it for a few days. He just felt too surprised to see his psp. He hugged his dad tight and gave him a little kiss.

This Daniel was the same boy who was at a corner of park in the very morning of the day and he helped that old lady by finding her contact lens.....

© 2016 loveless


Author's Note

loveless
All lind of reviews are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016
Tags: Kindness, love, angel

Author

loveless
loveless

CA



About
When the war of beasts Brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss Her gift everlasting more..

Writing
The Brave The Brave

A Story by loveless