The Brave

The Brave

A Story by loveless
"

His memories burnt to ashes His past drowned in life's waves Little he knew he was angel With the heart of the brave

"
'Hello Leo,
It's been a while since we last met...actually it's been months. I hope everything is going well with you? I'd like to meet with you. I need your help. Please, I know you can help me like you had helped me before. I'm looking forward to see you again.
Your friend,
Rene'

That's what the letter I got in the mailbox said this morning. I don't get many letters, so I was surprised when I checked the mailbox and saw my name on something. It looked like a normal letter but it wasn't.

First of all, my name is not Leo. My parents had named me Ethan. You may think that this means that that letter was not for me. But it was. For two months I've met some people who called me by the name Leo. They were familiar to me, like when you see someone, and you feel that you know them. I felt the same when I met them. And the name, the name makes me feel warm. I don't know what that means, but it sure felt like that. Familiar is the better word.

But I don't remember them. I don't remember anyone or anything that happened in my life. I don't even know who I am.

Two months ago I woke up in the hospital. When I opened my eyes, I saw a man and woman standing by my bed. I didn't know who they were. Later I found out they were my parents.

No one knew what happened to me. My parents told me that one day I went to the forest area, and then didn't came back. The doctors said that some kids were gone hiking on the hills in the outskirts of town and found me there laying unconscious. They took me to a hospital. I was in coma, but I had no injuries on my body. My parents found me and they took care of me.

The last thing I remembered before I woke up was everything burning up. It was the memory of my entire life was burnt away into ashes. When I woke up, it all vanished, and I didn't remember anything.

They took me home after I woke up. My parents didn't really know too much about me because I mostly kept to myself. I spent most of my time either in my room, or outside at some secluded event. My parents were distant from me. They took me around to places that would most likely make me remember something. They took me to my school, the park where I was found, and even my favourite restaurant. But no, I couldn't remember anything. I didn't have any friends at school either who could tell me about myself. It's like I didn't exist to anyone.

These people who call me Leo seem to know something about me. I don't know how much, but I sense truth in their words. Some people I never saw again. I used to lose conscious at random times, but the doctors couldn't find out why. When I used to wake up, those people would be gone, and I would be covered with bruises which I knew were from fighting. But, the ones who were friends stayed friends.

And so my journey began. Not just to find those who know me, but also to find out about myself.

This was another step in my journey. I knew I had to go meet this guy Rene. He didn't seem to be an enemy. He did regard himself as a friend, although, I can't really trust anyone because so many people were after my life. Rene's different though, his name makes my ears ring gently. I must know him somehow. Regardless, he sounded like he desperately needed my help, and maybe I'll get to know more about myself as well.

I looked up the address from where the letter was sent. It was from a small town near the country side. The next day I took the very first plane I could to a city near there. I got a map at the airport, and then the bus took me the rest of the way there.

As soon as I stepped off the bus I stretched and took a look around. Then it hit me, I didn't know where to look for Rene, or even what he looks like! There wasn't a specific address on the letter just the town name. So I started wandering throughout the town, asking people all day if they knew who Rene was, or where I could find him. No one knew where he lived, but I did get a decent description of him.
He was a young man of about 20 or 22, white hair that is always spiky, blue eyes. I thought this info would be enough to find him...but it wasn't.

It was evening already and still no leads. Then I noticed some people running towards a tower. I ran and caught up with someone to ask what was going on. They told me that a child was about to fall from the tower. I sprinted in that direction.

When I reached the tower there was a little boy, maybe six or seven, with curly black hair dangling from the stairs. Apparently, he was trying to go to the top of tower using the stairs, but because the tower was old, the stairs broke and curled inwards. He was grasping an iron bar that was part of the steps, but it was on the verge of snapping. He was crying loudly. He was afraid, and no one was even trying to help him. Everyone was just looking, watching, waiting for the boy to fall.

That's how people are. They are amused by these situations. They'd rather watch the kid's demise instead of at least trying to do something to prevent it. He was so high up. If he fell, there'd be no chance of him surviving. I knew it'd be a waste of time to even try to get any of them to help save that kid, so I had to do something myself.

I rushed up the stairs to reach the kid as quick as possible. The thought of falling kept running through my head. With each step that I took, I could feel those stairs that little boy was holding giving away.I was about twelve or fourteen steps away from him, but I couldn't get any closer. If I stepped out further, the stairs would curl under my weight and fall away.

"Hey kid, try to come down from there. I'll grab you," I shouted.

He looked over at me, but instead of stopping his cry and trying to come down, he started crying even harder. 'What's wrong with this kid, is he mad' I thought to myself.

"Are you listening to me?" I shouted again, "If you don't do anything, you'll fall and die!"
But he didn't move. He continued crying, and I could see his grip was weakening.

"Don't give up yet!" I screamed.

I was getting irritated. I was trying to save him, but he won't even listen to anything. His grip loosened more. He was holding on as tightly as he could, but it's only a matter of time-and then...

He dropped.

At that moment in my life I had to make a serious decision, either I try save that kid or just look at him fall. How to save him? I didn't knew. I had no time to second guess. When he fell past eye level, time started to slow down. It's amusing how slow time gets. It's like everything happens, and you perceive that everything. I know time doesn't slows, it's the brain that gets fast.

I still didn't knew what to do, and the kid was still falling with each passing second. I couldn't let it end like this. There was no more time for planning it all. It was now or never. Like some reaction embossed in the subconscious of my brain...

I jumped.

The kid was turned almost upside down when I was near him. I grabbed hold of his little hand, and pulled him closer to me as we fell. I could feel the warmth of his little body against mine. We were both falling. When I jumped, but I didn't really have a plan on how I was going to save him, or even myself.

Two deaths for the price of one. Death must be very happy watching this situation and so must be the people.

'Gotta think of a way quick stupid' - I say inside my head 'I can't let death take any of us. I won't allow it.'. Even though every last door seemed closed for us, my spirit wasn't dead.

I could see the ground coming towards us quick. Earth was ready with its hardness to shatter us both. Every second the distance between us and death was lessening.

'I have to think something', I kept shouting in my head, hoping it does something.
My mind doesn't chests with me a lot but if it's cheating, it is the worse time for it. I looked around frantically. The tower was surrounded by trees, but they were a too far, and we weren't falling any closer to them. And then it popped inside my head.

I could try throwing the kid in the direction of trees. I am strong but they were pretty far away. I probably couldn't throw him that far, but he would have a better chance of survival in the trees rather than the ground. I had to take the chance.

I held the boy tightly, he was still crying. I spun myself so as to get extra power in my throw and I gave him everything I had. He was going far initially, I hoped he could make it. But just as I suspected, just as I feared, not even close, I didn't have the power to throw him that far. The child was done for sure I thought.

My eyes went on ground and I noticed a man standing near to where the kid was about to fall. I had seen him before, a ringing started in my head. I could only see his pointy white hair and his well-built physique. I knew instantly who it was. Rene.

"Kyle!" he screamed loudly.

I heard him, but time was still moving a little slower than normal. I saw clearly sharp blue eyes locked onto that kid. I could see the willingness in his eyes, He would surely save the kid.

When I threw the boy I moved closer to the tower. I could grab the poles of the ladder, but at the speed I was going, I'd hurt my ankles and I needed them when I reached near ground if I were to survive this fall. There wasn't enough time for a plan B. I reached out for the poles of that steal ladder.

The pain was intense. It felt as if the poles had it out for me! Though it was just my body's gravity doing all the damage. I quickly attempted to grab hold of the ladder one more time. It hurt, but I still had my hand touching it. Friction slowed me down, just a speck of a little, but that wasn't going to be enough. Not even close enough according to my calculations. I would have to have my whole body closer to the stairs.

I finally managed to get my legs against the ladder to provide more friction, but that wasn't helping. My speed wasn't decreasing! I watched as the kid fell not too far from me. The ground was only a few metres away now.

I don't think I'd died if I directly fell from here, but I know it sure would hurt a lot and I would be hospitalised for months, with both legs fractured, along with ankles and some serious damage to my ribs and other internal organs. Another now or never moment. With my remaining strength, I reached out and grabbed one of the steps with my right hand. I felt a sudden jerk. The snapping of my arm sounded like a giant branch being ripped from a tree. There was a little pain in my shoulder at first, and then it increased immensely in a matter of milliseconds. I had most probably dislocated my arm and tore a hell lot of muscles.

On the other side was the kid. Rene was still a good distance from where the kid was going to land. Even less was the distance away from the kid and the ground. Rene made a perfect jump and grabbed hold of the kid in midair. He rotated so his back was against the ground. His back slammed and slid harshly against the ground for a moment. Rene had taken the force of his jump, and the kids force from falling. The skin on his back must have been scrapped badly. I remember seeing a little trail of blood coming out of his mouth. I couldn't control my right hand anymore. The arm let go of the grip and I fell to the ground.

As I laid there, I could feel the intense pain surging through my right arm. My body was sore. My mind felt dizzy. Everything was blurred. People started to surround me, but I could barely keep my eyes open. I knew I was falling unconscious. I know the feeling of unconsciousness very well, I get unconscious a lot, those stupid unknown reasons.

Soon, the darkness engulfed me...

I opened my eyes. It was too bright to see anything. But slowly soon it started to get little darker. I was laying on a small sheet of cloth. It was hard at the bottom so I figured out that I was on ground. I soon started to making out the things as my eyes adapted to the light. I could see roof made of wood. Light was entering that place from a window towards the right side. Little curtains were trying to stop the light but the wind was pushing all those curtains aside. I soon felt the cool breeze of air on my face. I could also hear the chirping of birds. It was a tree house but made on ground by some inexperienced person.

I got up and walked towards the door. As I touched the door know to open it, I realised that my arm was totally alright. It was somehow fixed. I should have been unconscious for a month. Such injuries don't heal so quick. I wondered why I wasn't in the hospital. I should have woken up in hospital instead of this shed.

I opened the door and the cool breeze hugged me. It wrapped itself around me. My whole body felt the coldness in the air and shivered. But it was a nice shiver. I inhaled as much air as I could. It was refreshing. I inhaled the smell of flowers, of ripen fruits, of the leaves, of the sand, of insects, insects I don't know how but it sure smelled like insect and of sweetness. The air filled my lungs to maximum and I felt whole refreshed when I exhaled all the air.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the same little boy trying to catch the butterfly. My presence must have scared the butterfly, it flied away. The little boy felt disappointed because he was going on slowly. He finally turned towards me.

He just stopped and became like a statue. I don't think he was even breathing then, no sign of moving his hand or his legs. I'm no ghost Or he thought I was dead but I became alive. Oh no that isn't the case. I was going to say hi to him and I raised my hand to wave to him but as soon as I raised it to my shoulder level almost, those little green eyes of his started to tremble. He started shaking. He was sweating. Maybe he was afraid of me. But why. I know I am not much handsome but I don't look like ugly, I don't feel like evil to others either. Was something behind me? I looked behind to see but nothing there too. That time I was at least sure it was me he was afraid of.

He started to move behind. Little by little. I didn't knew what I had to do. If I moved more, he would surely be more afraid. My mind was fighting between two opinions. Weather to stop him from going anywhere and asking him why he was afraid of me or I should just let him go without making him more afraid.

At that moment, that small kid was quiet a few distance away from the original position he was in. He hit something. The sound of hitting was faint but enough to be heard. That was the same young man who had saved that child. That was Rene. He looked more bigger from close, I know why, because he is!

"Kyle" he said looking at the kid. Kyle was surprised but he seem to feel alright in his presence. He grasped the leg of Rene and went behind. Peeking at me from the side.

"Kyle, that person is leo, my friend. He won't hurt you."

He was sobbing and still looking freaked out. But he was calmed a little by the words of Rene.

I looked inside his eyes. They had the color of the sky. I envied him that moment because of his eyes. Mine were green, hazel and I loved mine but I also liked his. Perky nose that ended on the little but wide lips which were curled that time to form a smile.

But something was missing. I could feel something was missing. You know everyone have that sense which feels what is wrong but couldn't figure out what is wrong. I was having that same feeling. It was like he had another side hidden behind that smile. His eyes, they gave me a cold feeling.

He slowly walked to me while I was still fighting inside my thoughts about Rene. Many questions were in my head. Was he good? Was he bad? Why did he called me? He didn't seemed to be in any trouble. He looks happy. Then was it all just a trap? But he called me a friend. I just needed to know more about that Rene.

He stood in front of me with that smile still on his face. I must have lingered looking at him for a while because I suddenly realised I was looking at him for a long time. And this thing is impolite.

"Sorry." I said in a very low voice. Low enough to be left unheard by him. He didn't said anything. I wasn't going to say again. I was looking inside my head where these jerk manners of me were gone. I had not greeted him.

I pulled my hands up to shake his hand. But before I could do it, he gave me a hug. He took my hand and forced to to a hug, tapping my back as he put his head on my shoulders. I could feel sadness running through his heart as he hugged me. It was surprising. Before I could even respond. He pulled himself up.

One thing was sure, some of my questions were answered with that hug. He was not any enemy. He was a good one.

"I'm glad you are all healed in just one night. And thank you for coming." he said to me. One night, was he kidding me, I thought I was unconscious for a month because of the injuries I had faced. They didn't looked like they could get healed in just one freaking night!

I think it was the first time that I would be speaking to him. I didn't knew what to say. I made sure in my mind that I'd directly come to the point.

"Rene."

"Yes."

"Can I please talk to you?"

"Yes you can. Let's head to the small house. It's small but we would be able to talk peacefully there."

He took the lead and I followed him. Kyle was trying to follow us but Rene said to him that he wanted to talk to me in personal.

Before we could even sit on the ground, near the bed that I was sleeping on a few moments ago, he said.

"Leo..." he just said my name, the name the people that know me call me by, and went silent. He wanted to say something.

"Yes"

"Let me get straight to the point. I need your help." he said. I had problems of myself too to be solved but here you go. He was first to ask and I couldn't deny him. There was a little bit of disappointment in me that my past bad to wait more because of helping him. It's nice to help. I'll help him and then help myself.

"What happened? I remember you mentioned that in letter too."

"It's about Kyle."

"What about him?"

"He is a fearful child."

"I have seen that. What can I do?"

"I want you to help me bring out his braveness. I've seen his bravery. I know it is there. I know it is hidden inside. I owe him big time. Help me again like you had helped me before." I didn't remembered anything about him either. But I made a promise to myself that I'll help that child first.

"I'll see what I can."

"Thank you leo. I knew I can count on you."

I just smiled. It feels proud that the friends you have could counting on you.

"Will you tell me the whole story about you and Kyle."

"Yeah" as he said that, kyle knocked on the door impatiently. He was curious.

"You can come in Kyle." he said. The little boy opened the door and directly sat in the lap of Rene. He was having fun there. No worries. No fear of me then. He was happy.

"It all started a month back. I was having trouble in controlling the beast inside me, I don't know how that happened because I had never had trouble in controlling that form of mine, when I came to this town. I couldn't bring my human form.". 'Beast - human form' I must say I didn't expected that. I knew all these people were weird but that much weird. He must have thought I knew about him everything and so he continued." People were trying to hurt me like always. They wanted me to go away. As I had decided I won't hurt anyone, I was running. But they were running after me. Bang, one shot on my feet, bang, another gun shot on my left hand. Don't know what kind of guns were that but they hit painfully. I fell on ground. I was bleeding. Though I needed just a time to heal myself but if I were caught, I would have been dead by now."

"That must have been worst situation ever." I said. Though I should have said 'what beast?' but I didn't. It felt like I knew it already but the ashes of memories were still ashes.

"Yep those were. It was paining a lot. My body was worn and torn from running and being shot at. I was getting unconscious. But then, this young boy came to me. I was half out of the world by then but I remember I saw him pulling me, dragging me. I saw his eyes. The eyes of the brave who didn't got afraid of me. His eyes remembered me of you, of the time you had saved me. Kyle's eyes had same determination and will. I was knocked out cold. The next thing I knew was I woke up in here. Kyle mad it by himself. And about Kyle, he is the son of richest man on this island." Did I heard correct? He doesn't looks like that.

"Really?"

"Yes, his parents have passed away a week before I met him. But he is easily frightened. Everyone knows it and they are using his fear to get all his money. I've been protecting him from the time I met him but I can't stay here long. I need to continue my journey and so he needs to be brave. He is brave but it's just inside him. I need your help in taking that out."

"I'll help you anyhow I could." I said.

There was silence for some time. I'm always like that silent one who don't says but who just listens. I can never continue many conversations. But this time I broke the silence.

"Rene." I said

"Yes."

"Can you show me that beast form of yours?"

"Why?"

"I want to see it."

"Don't you remember?"

"Well, I just want to see it again." I acted like I had seen him before. I don't know why I was showing I know everything. I think just the drive to help them first.

"Ok" he said plainly. He stood up. "The place is too small for that. Let's head out." he started to walk out. Me and Kyle followed him.

He stood some steps away from me. He curled his fingers and made a fist out of them. He bent inwards a little bit. It seems he was trying to free something out of him. And he maintained his composure and his abdomen fell behind. That moment, a small burst of light escaped his direction. It was small but it was bright. I had to close my eyes. The first thing that came to my mind was that I remembered that burst of light. It was same as I feel coming out of my eyes and heart potion when I get unconscious. Was I same as him? Was I some kind beast too that Rene had said about himself? I wondered in that short time while I blinked.

The moment I opened my eyes. A beast was in front of me. Literally a beast and that too terrific one. Head like a wolf. Long horns grown in his back and little horns on his shoulders, teeth as crystal white, clenched together like two lovers holding their hands, big dark eyes, nose puffed out, legs again like wolf. He was a werewolf!

"Why surprised?" Rene said. His voice was more thick now. Surprised, I was terrified.

"Nothing, it just looks amazing." I said truthfully. It was indeed an amazing sight, terrific but amazing.

Kyle walked to him and he got down like a horse. Kyle jumped on his back. He was not even a slight of terrified. And then Rene started to run back and forth and in small circles. Little kid was having fun riding that terrific beast who was nothing but a friend of mine. If I was given a free ride by that one or a plain little slide, I'd choose the slide for sure. Rene was right, that boy was really courageous. Kyle was smiling and laughing. First time I saw him not afraid.

Can't he be like that always. By Rene's words I have heard, the answer was no. That boy was too frightful with others. He was afraid of the hateful hearts of others. He was not afraid of beastly forms though. And it looks like Rene always gets between him and others and protects him. I concluded this from the face that he always gets behind Rene whenever he sees someone else. This protection of Rene was kind but it had worsened the boy's situation.

Rene and Kyle shared a bond. Bond that trespasses the physical bond. One was little and one was huge. One was grown up and one was a kid. Rene was like a dad to Kyle. But I know Rene can't stay there forever. Kyle needs to be stronger by himself too. And that's where my work starts.

A plan hatched in my mind.  I was confident that once Kyle have tasted the bravery in himself, he won't go back. I will show Kyle the original source of courage - the will to protect the ones you love.

I was sure I could make him the brave...

I ran as fast as I could towards Rene who was still giving Kyle a ride. I didn't said a word and moved as swiftly as I could. I don't think I made any noise. But what I was going to do was foolish. I could be really really hurt bad. Well it all depends on if Rene comes to know of my plan by himself. I was going to beat Rene bad till the time Kyle comes in between. I can't fight him in his normal form for some reasons. One, he won't be on his full potential and he won't look as fierce and second Kyle may easily find out I am holding back. Though I don't look much grown up but my punches and kicks hurt. You would not want to even try them. I knew my powers were extraordinary, I knew I because I had fought those enemies. They were fierce. I feared those powers. Sometimes it felt like I knew all about fighting like I was a warrior. Well that's another story to be told. Maybe another time. Third Kyle will have easy decision. Two humans and you've to choose your friend and one beast and one human in which the beast is your friend. Obviously the second thing is more difficult to answer. Why I'm pushing Kyle in this dilemma. The answer is simple, the more the confusion, the more chances of his inner courage to come out.

Well let's continue. I ran to him swiftly like an assassins. Rene was on four legs and Kyle holding his hair for support. I saw him from the side. And bang. I hit him with enough force to make him fall. He fell on his side a little far away from where I thought. That poor little kid fell far away in the grass. I was happy he didn't fell too far because there was a stone. He would have hit his head hard if he fell a little more far. I was a s**t head not to plan it properly before. I don't know how close of a friend I was to Rene but I don't think I was as close friend to him as Kyle. I'd be dead if I'd have hurt him.

Rene's head was a little distance from my legs, easily reachable to me. It may sound cruel but I had to hit him in order to prevent any suspicion. I hit his head with my right head, just barely enough to make him yelp in little pain I caused him. I tried to pull myself back as much as I could. I didn't wanted to hurt him. But it was all his fault, he shouldn't have been so overprotective of Kyle. He deserves little punishment. Moreover, he had told me he heal quick. So if my plan was to fail, I was to leave him for some time to heal.

He fell far, though not much far. Rene groaned in a wolf like little roar. He tried to stand up again, which he did without much efforts. From the corner of my eye, I could see his left arm was scratched. Maybe from the friction of ground. He wasn't moving. Just staring at me I can bet he was confused. A friend you called from overseas for your help and he suddenly he hits you for no reason.

Soon Kyle stood up too. The kid had all his world upside down in a moment. One moment he was happily riding his best friend and other moment he was down on the ground. He too started to gaze upon me. 'Now what?' I said to myself.

"Why?" Rene said in a low whisper, just enough low to be heard by me.

"Why what?" I was confused what I should say, my choice of words matter too, a wrong choice and my plan spills out and fails. I choose these two little w words. They should be enough to provide me with little more time to think.

"Why did you did this? Why did you pushed me? Why did you hit me?"

I felt like an idiot. I. D. I. O. T... I was an idiot. I didn't even planned anything and started to hit. Maybe it would have been better if I had discussed my plan with Rene. I stayed still for some seconds but I shouldn't I knew. 'It would work out somehow' I said to myself.

"Because... You are... A... Monster." I replied thinking of what to say after each word that left my mouth. I felt bad for saying such cruel thing to him. It was really cruel to say him a monster. 'Feeling bad, go away' said I inside my head. I say more to myself than to others. The introvert thing.

"But I am your friend." Rene replied

"You are still... A... Monster..."

"What's happened to you leo?"

"You happened... I know... You're like them... Those guys who tried to kill me... You're a monster... Like them." phew I finally made up the excuse and that too a good one.

"We all are like that. We all are different. We have been friends. Don't you remember?"

"No I don't... I don't remember anything... That's why I came here... To know about myself... But now as I know you're too a monster... I know... You'll try to kill me like others... I won't take any chance..." I realize that time that I'm good at lying. I said everything without a slight mistake of expressing my lie.

"We can talk. I promise I won't try to do anything bad to you." Rene said. Is Rene that stupid. Can't he find out that its a part of the plan. There Kyle was standing, trembling now with fear. A part of my heart felt sorry for that little kid. But soon, he is ought to change,

"I don't want to talk... You have to die... Now..." I closed my both eyes, for a time twice or even thrice as long as blinking for a gesture of making him understand my plan. I hoped he get it after I opened my eyes. I didn't blinked with one eye Kyle could get it too.

I ran towards Rene. My fingers curled up to form a fist, while I was in my most vulnerable position in fighting sense, it was an amateur move. I was going to hit him with my weakest punch. But as I raised my right hand to hit his upper chest, he grasped my wrists and stopped me. Maybe he understands my plan now and is acting. I raised the left hand but he grasped it too. We were pushing each other. Though he was huge as compared to me but we were tied out with me in my weakest attempt to resist.

He groaned, he roared in his wolf like manner. I felt air on my face as I looked into his eyes while he was making loud sound. That moment, I felt something deep within me. I heard a roar. A million times more louder than his roar. It was something within, aching for a release. Was I a monster too? My question was not answered as I felt a hit.

I felt a hit on the stomach area of mine. It was good. I'd give him nine out of ten for that hit. Almost perfect hit in that situation. If only he could bend his legs a little towards his right, he would have scored perfect ten. He had hit me using his legs, more specifically his knee. But again, his hit was weak. It didn't hurt much. That moment I thought he was hiding his true powers too. He knows my plan. I was happy as I was pushed back due to his hit.

"What did you just say? Kill me... Hahaha... You won't be able to with these attempts of yours."
"Watch me."

This time it was Rene's turn to come towards me. I maintained my composure, had my posture in defending state with my right hand exactly in middle of my chest, to deflect any attack opponent might throw, with first two of my fingers semi curled so that I take less time to make a punch if I get a chance to attack. My left hand lying attentively near abdomen area to protect against a kick from left, the remaining right kick, I can dodge easily.

As I guessed, he came up with a punch, maybe trying so still act. I deflected it towards right, he also going along with his punch, curled all fingers of left hand and hit him below his ribs from the side. That must have hurt him. He groaned. I didn't pushed him. Didn't wanted to beat him bad. I went towards the side, waiting to hold himself together.

I saw Kyle then. He looked towards me, I know I must have looked fierce. I gazed into his eyes and gave him a shivering cold stare. He started to tremble. He was afraid. Phase one of plan complete. He ran towards a stone lying nearby and hid.

"Run, but you can't hide... It's your turn after I kill Rene... You should pay too for giving shelter to a monster." I said to make him tremble even more.

"What did you say?" I heard as I got hit in back. I fell on the ground some distance away.

"No one dares to even touch Kyle. You've to go through me first."

"That would be child's play." I said while I slowly got up and removing the dust from my clothes. I don't like dirty clothes. That's the last time I have fell because of my ignorance. I decided I would be now near level of those powers which are even unknown to me.

I looked behind. He had directly charged towards me. What a fool. He doesn't knows any fighting skills for sure. Another deflection with my hands, though he tried to use his legs too to hit me while he got deflected but it was in vain. I was too fast for him. I spun and hit his head with my elbow.

He got a direct hit, he almost lost his balance but he was successful on maintaining his composure. He was really holding himself back because I don't think such little hit was able to make him lose his balance.

He came at me this time with a barrage of punches. All easily defended by me. I was faster than his punches. I looked for an opening while he continued to try to punch me. And I found it. Bam. Another hit by me. He huffed. I saw his mouth was bleeding. I got worried. But then I saw him blink. It was the same kind of wink I gave him before we started our fight. Both eyes of his were closed for a little time. He spit the blood out. He was showing he was out of stamina. If it were his true strength, it would have been a real child's play.

"You... Shall... die..." I said as I looked at Kyle for a second. He was still frightened.

It was the time I changed my position from attack to defend. I rained my barrage of punches on him. He tried to take them on his arms and counter with hands but I was too fast for him. I was able to land most of my punches. He was bleeding at places. As I slowed down a little, he gave me that same wink blink. I continued. It was clear he knows my plan. I kicked him on his stomach as hard as I could within that limit I've set for not really hurting him, and another punch on his jaw and he fell far. Near to the place Kyle was hiding. Second phase complete. Now it was on Kyle to decide which side he choose.

"Help... Me... Kyle..." Rene said. He looked pretty beaten up. He had already lost the battle, in the acting of course. He is such a great actor.

"Stand up... Rene... Don't say you're already done."

He heard me. He was bleeding bad. From his mouth, the scratches I gave. I didn't knew I hit him that bad. He slowly got up and faced me again. I didn't knew what to do and he gave me another wink blink. I wondered for a little if it was really a wink blink or he was just too tired to fight. But I had to do something fast. I ran as fast as I could. I didn't gave him a chance to defend himself. A perfect uppercut on the right spot below his skull. I thought for a split second if I used all my powers at this time, would all of the skull of opponent would go off his or her head.

Rene fell, near to Kyle. Kyle came out of the stone he was hiding behind and grasped the head of Rene.

"Stand... Up... Friend..." he said. I heard his voice for the first time instead of the time he cried. Even his voice was trembling. Rene just grunted in pain in response. He didn't said anything else.

"Now let's finish this, shall we." I said as I slowly walked towards them.

Kyle stood up. He came between me and Rene, he was just near the legs of Rene. His head was down. His hands in mid air as a gesture of trying to prevent me from going to Rene again.
"Can't... Through..." he whispered some wounds but I could only make up these words because his novice was too low.

"You... Can't... Come... Through..." he said again, this time loud enough to be heard by my ears but still low.

"You... Can't... Come... Through..." he repeated these words as he raised his head to look towards me. This time, he practically screamed as loud as he could. This sound was of my accomplishment. I had won. My plan. It had worked. I continued to walk towards me.

"You can't come through me... You cant touch Rene... You are the monster... Rene... Innocent..." he shouted to me. I smiled. I had reached him by the time he finished his sentence.

I sat on my knees. I looked at him. I saw his eyes had changed. They were no longer timid. They were no longer frightened. He they were no longer afraid. They were no longer trembling. They were firm. They were opened wide directly staring at me without any second thought. Eyes are the window to soul. And through those little doors of his, I saw burning passion, the will to save his friend. I saw then -the brave.

I put my hands on his shoulders and put his hands down. And gave him a hug. My student Kyle had become what he was being dreamt about by my friend. He was obviously surprised and shocked. One moment I was going to kill his friend and him and then I gave him a hug. He didn't responded.

"You've done it Kyle." I said releasing him from my embrace.

"Done what?"

"You've opened up the pit of courage that was buried deep inside. Don't you feel different now." I said to him still looking at those surprised eyes. He looked at both of his hands.

"I... Feel... Different..." he said, trying to observe what was different in him. I thought of making it easier for him.

"It's not there Kyle"

"Where is it?"

I just took his hand and put that over his heart. My hand was on top of his.

"It's inside you." I said as he looked towards me and then felt his heart beat. He closed his little eyes and looked inside himself.

"You're now the brave..."

Smack. I was surprised by a slap on my face from that little Kyle. That kid is stronger than he looks, much stronger than anyone else who have same age as his. I must give him praise for that. It even feels a little burning sensation on the right cheek of mine. My hands were still holding his shoulders. The smile on my face was changed into an expression of surprise. I raised my eyes again to look at him which were down before due to happiness of my successful plan, that euphoria moment when those 'feel good' neurotransmitters start to flow in your brain.

I saw something different. Something that was no longer before in those looks of the kid's. I laid my eyes upon him as I tried to figure out what's different. It took me some time but I got it. His eyes had changed. They no longer reflected fear. They were no longer trembling. They were angry. They were burning from within. At least he is no longer frightened now.

"What?" I asked him as my right hand smothered my cheek and my left hand drawn back near me.

"Why did you hurt Rene so much?" those were the first words I had heard from his mouth. He have funny voice, it had some low pitched accent. I barely managed to prevent my laughter from escaping.

"I didn't hurt him. He knew my plan all along."

"Then why is he laying on ground still?"

"He is just acting. He will just get up now and boo you."

"Boo you?" he asked. I must have said it too quick or he just don't know. I don't know why I said that either. Maybe something from my subconscious. Another thing I learnt about myself.

"I mean he will surprise you and will try to frighten you."

He didn't responded. Instead he went towards the head of his. He sat there and put Rene's head in his lap making gestures of waking him up from his little slumber. I looked them closely. I realized Rene was still bleeding from his mouth and his bruises were bad. Did I beat him too much.

"Get up Rene." I said. For how much time is he going to lay in the ground. He didn't even moved. 'What the hell' I thought in my mind. Maybe he is trying to frighten me too.

"Rene, I'm not getting in any of your jokes. Get up already." I didn't even saw a slight bulge of his moments. Either he is a good actor or he is seriously injured or he is already dead. First option is best, second is ok but third is frightening me.

I moved forward and sat on my knees. I touched his soft fur on his chest, I had never realized in all the fight that his fur is this soft. I felt his heart beat. Stronger in force than a human, enough to cause strong vibration feeling on my hand but the rate of heart beat was low, possibly around twenty per minute. At least he is alive. I moved a little bit upwards to check his breath. A second check is best no matter whatever state someone is in. He was still breathing, deep breaths. He was just unconscious.

"Kyle... Save... Kyle... No... Hurt... Kyle..." Rene mumbled. I was fascinated. Even in his unconscious state he was determined to protect that little kid. Kyle gave me another angry look, meanness dripping from his expressions. I couple hear his eyes say 'how dare you hurt my friend'.

"What!?" I could only say that. "It was all a part of plan, Rene knew about it, stop looking at me like that" but he didn't did as I told him and continued to stare at me like that. Rene really needed some medical attention then. I got a hold of his hand, put them on my shoulders and turned. I was going to carry him on my back to the little house of Kyle 

"What are you doing?" Kyle asked me in firm voice. At that moment he was ready to stab me if I done anything wrong. I felt proud of myself. I am really a good teacher, though my teaching style is extreme and most won't like me.

"Taking him back to the house. He can't keep lying there till he gets up." I replied while tugging him on my back.

"You go and get won bandages and painkillers. Can you being them?"

He nodded his head in a yes and ran in the woods. I put Rene on the same bed where I was laying this very morning. The day had got hot by now or I was just tired a little, most probably both are true. Kyle brought some bandages and painkiller. Knowing Rene got heal by himself from the bullets he had faced in a day, he would get alright by tonight or if I beat the crap out of him, it might take full day. No need to be hospitalised and more we can't take a chance by taking a werewolf to a hospital. His identity shall be a secret.

I put bandaged on him on where I thought he got hurt which include his whole chest, the head part, right leg and the elbow of right hand. A living mummy of a werewolf he would have become if i had put more bandages on him. He was still unconscious but I still administered him painkillers through intra veinous route. I don't know if it was right thing to do but he was in too much pain, his facial expressions said it all 

In the afternoon, Kyle brought food for us both. I don't know how he managed that but food was really delicious. I guess he must have brought it from his real home. He didn't said any word to me when he gave me food, I Could see he was still concerned about Rene.

"He will be alright, don't worry." he just nodded to me, again. I just hoped he would forgive me for my actions.

I spent most of my time there adoring the beauty of that little beach, swimming, making sand castles, yeah that's childish but I just felt like making it, I think that's called exploring yourself, and the castle was really amazing, I am an artist, a little of practice on my fighting skills, and many other things. Kyle spent all his time looking after Rene. He didn't even came out of the little cottage for most time.

At evening, I was totally spent. I went back inside. As I entered, Kyle came towards me.

"Leo." he said. This time his voice was soft and little compassionate. At that moment, in my heart, I knew he had forgiven me for hurting Kyle.

"Yeah"

"Thank you." he said with a smile, cute enough to melt the stars.

"No problem." I responded and sat near him.

We had a chat for some time. He was easy to talk to. He told me about how he got so fearful. He was always being protected by his parents. He was their only kid and they were over protective of him and this over protectiveness developed into fear. He started to even get afraid of a puppy or a little worm or something else. Over the next few months it developed more severe he started to get afraid of people too and its only today he had realized it now how frightful he behaved. He also told me how he found out Rene bleeding and he taking Rene to this little house he built by himself over the months and then they both becoming friends. He was curious kid. He wanted to know everything about me too as our conversation kept on and I had to tell him everything. He felt sorry for me but he said he was sure I'm gonna get a lot of information about myself from Rene. I hoped he was true. I could feel our friendship grow over the hours we spent chatting with each other. Never I felt like he was a kid and I'm almost adult. He was a great boy.

I saw a moment. It was Rene. He just showed a little moment. Suddenly, I saw his chest shrinking. It was followed by the other parts of his body shrinking. The hair, deep blue, were reducing in size, and soon were down to none. The color of whole body shifted from deep blue till it fainted towards green and finally it was original skin. The muscles he had developed during his transformation were gone, his eyes back to normal state, same thing simultaneously happened to his nose teeth too and finally the pointy hair he had on his head stayed intact. He was back to normal form. I don't know if human form is his special from and werewolf form is his normal from. Anyway his apparent normal from was back and I had a feeling he was getting up any moment now.

"Kyle!" he exclaimed and jerked awake from his sleep or post unconscious state and sat on bed like he had seen a nightmare. He looked around and finally saw me and Kyle near each other.

"Kyle, get away from him." he shouted while taking his hand out from the blanket he had upon him and making a gesture of making him go away from me from his semi lucid hands, clearly showing effect of energy-less state he was in.

We both looked at each other and were completely stunned by his request. The battle was over and so was the acting. I didn't knew why he was still acting. Kyle moved towards him as I still gazed upon him for this bitter behaviour of his.

"Stop the act now Rene. The plan has worked. It's over." I said but he was still looking into my eyes with that 'anger look', similar to the 'mean look' that Kyle had a little while ago but mixed with the desire to fight.

"Plan!? What kind of plan?" his voice has original sense of surprise. He must be given an award for acting. No not just single but hundred.

"The plan of helping out Kyle." I said. By this time Kyle had already reached Rene and was supporting him stay sitting and resting. He wasn't completely healed.

"I remember I asked you to help Kyle but I remember I ever made a so called plan of beating the crap out of me, almost killing me a while you threat Kyle for his life." this time I was afraid he didn't ever knew about this plan of mine. Was his blinking of eye just a coincidence. But what about he behaving so weak. Some questions shall be answered. He wasn't standing from his spot. He knew he was too weak and if he dated to fight me, he knew the consequence. I'm lucky, I don't have to beat him again.

"Well I made this plan myself but..." he didn't let me even finish.

"But what? What the hell do you want from us?"

"I want noth..." he didn't let me finish again

"Who are you anyway? The leo I know won't do anything like that ever. He won't even think of hurting anyone. Are you an imposter? Who are you?" he stabbed my heart with that question. That was the answer I had come to seek here. It hurts bad when someone asks you who you are and you are in a trance state knowing you even don't know who you are. I looked back at him again breaking free from that state as quick as I could, which I think took three seconds. He was looking as fierce. I'm his eyes was anger. He wanted to beat me like I did to him, hurt me the way I hurt him and threaten me the same way.

"I.." I didn't knew where to start from if he really didn't knew what was in mind back then. I had a lot to tell and I didn't expect Rene to be that patient to hear it all while he was still angry at me.

"Just go away..." he said. He was trying to get up. I was correct, his anger couldn't hold on. At that moment, little Kyle came between me and Rene, his back towards me.

"Calm down Rene." he said holding his face in his little hands. Rene looked inside his eyes in as surprising state as I was when I had looked at when I first saw them. He was left breathless, stunned and shocked. I could see the struggle clearly when he was trying to figure out what had changed in Kyle. His eyeballs moved along the outline of his eyes, his little smile, his hands and just everywhere he could.

"What is it?" he asked. He was unable to point that little change.

"What?"

"What is this change in you? What is in those eyes?"

"Try to figure out yourself."

"I can't.. D****t.. Tell me already."

"As Leo says, those are the eye filled with courage, this Kyle is now the brave." he said while putting his hand on his own chest.

Rene's eyes were filled with tears as he finally realized it. He practically crushed Kyle when he pulled juke towards him and hugged him. Kyle smothered his back when he was sobbing on his shoulders. The love between those two, made my eyes cry too. I couldn't let the tear of happiness stay inside and it came out. They were more than just friends. They were brothers, though they were not related, though they don't possess any blood relation, but their heart are related by a bond stronger. At these moments, you realise that love is so beautiful.

Suddenly I was pulled, inside myself. It was in that places of my heart, surrounded by ashes of memories. It was dark but in a speck of moment, every thin lightened up. I felt warm... I felt the feeling of contact, a chest to chest contact. I could feel it clearly. My head resting on the shoulders... of a girl... I could smell the sweet aroma from her neck, not of some perfume but of... her body... of her long dark brown hair, fluttering around my face... My both hands wrapped around her back, so soft... so delicate body... so warm... I could feel her white dress... Even smoother than silk... Her hand dancing along the hair on the back of my head... Like some feather... A tear falls on the skin of her shoulder making a sound... And I got out of there... Damn you tear drop! My opened in instant. It was like a dream. A day dream. Kyle and Rene were both still hugging.

It was the third that had happened. One moment I was in this real world, and another I was inside myself, in the world of my memories. It's hard to differentiate it between reality and memory. Everything I feel that time feels like so alive. Like I'm living those moments again for that time. All three time that had happened, I saw the girl, same long hair, same aroma all around and same warmth. First time was few weeks ago when one day I put my hand on my chest and my memories took me to a place where I was holding her hands while hearing out her heart beat. Second time happened last week, I was having trouble sleeping and I closed my eyes and found me back in memories, she was sitting while I laid my head in her lap while she smothered my hair till I fell asleep. And third time today as she hugged me so angelically. I knew in my heart for sure, she was too close to me, whoever she is. These memories of her, these moments of love, they were stronger than the fire that burnt all my memories into ashes. At that moment, I was ready to give it all in exchange for the return of my memories but there was no such options. All I could do is embrace them, adore them and love them.

"Leo." I heard a low whisper, which broke me from this current trance. It was Rene. I looked towards him and he mouthed the words 'thank you', not wanting to disturb this beautiful moment. I just smiled at him. We can clear our doubts and questions easily.

After some moments, I sat near Rene and told him why I did that.

"I never knew you were acting just to carry out this brilliant but risky plan."

"I was. In fact I had hard time making up the reason to fight. I thought you would know I was lying and you will know what is in my mind. And when you gave me those little blink, I thought you were telling me to go on."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Why?"

"Because I remember that time when I was about to fall unconscious and my eyes felt dizzy. But I guess my will to protect us both kept me awake."

"And what about you behaving so weak, even your direct hits didn't felt much. I thought as we both were in our least power state that you knew."

"Again, are you kidding me!? I was giving it all I had in me and you say you were in your least power state. Stop kidding like that."

"I'm not playing. I'm saying the truth. Anyway, I'm sorry. Because of my stupidity and idiotic behaviour, you had to pay."

"Nah, it's OK. I'm ready to pay any price for what you've done. All this time I thought I was protecting Kyle but I was just making him more fearful and I couldn't see it. I would have never seen it. Calling you was the best thing I had done. Thank you for beating the hell out of me."

"Anytime, anywhere." I didn't knew how else to respond.

"You've grown strong, a lot strong than our previous encounter. Last time I met you, I know you were strong, but not this much. How did you get this strong?"

"I don't know."

"You can tell your secret. I won't tell anyone. What kind of training had made you this strong?"

"I really don't know. That is why I have come here. A couple of months ago, I woke up in a hospital, knowing nothing about myself. I had forget it all, from my name to my parents, my friends to the things I like, my personality, how I used to behave, just everything. In that letter, when you said you're my friend, I knew I had to come here so I may find some answers."

"I see. So you're saying you didn't even knew who I was when you came here."

"Nope I didn't."

"Some things haven't change still. You're still the most courageous person I've ever met."

"Thanks I guess. So will you tell me about it. How we met, how we became friends and all things. I want to know everything."

"I don't want to crush your expectations but I don't know a lot about you. We've only met once."

"Oh." I couldn't hide the sadness in that oh. I couldn't believe it. Why is my life such a secret. No one knows about me. I get it I was an introvert but that much introvert. Feels like I've lived my whole life on my own. Feels no one was ever in my life. Feels like I was alone. So cold. So lost. It felt so empty. I was angry. At everything, at myself, why did I needed to be such high level of introvert that people knew me but knew nothing else about me. Every Time I meet someone that knew me, a hope rises that finally I would be able to know about myself but every time that hope gets killed. I was shattered to my very core. Who was I?

"Don't worry leo." Rene said "I will tell you everything I know, and you may remember something."

"I hope so." but in reality I was as hopeless as one could be.

"It was almost three months ago when I first met you. You know that hill zone that is near the outskirts of the town you are from? I am from the town that is right behind those hills."

"Yeah I know that place." it was the place on the north most side of those hills where I was found unconscious.

"I had no family, they all had died in an accident years ago. I lived alone there, managing my survival. I don't know how it started or what happened but one night I just transformed into a werewolf. I haven't encountered any wolf before, no one had bit me and it wasn't full moon night either. In just a week my secret was out because it happened in middle street. I transformed in middle of street while going to buy food. People screamed and got frightened, usual human nature. I said don't get frightened but the more I said, the more they shrieked. The street was desolates in a matter of seconds. I didn't knew how to get back to my original form. I tried to run away to my home but the local hunters had gathered by then. I was being hunted. I didn't ever wanted to hurt anyone, I had to run away and I reached those forest area of hill. By the time I reached there, I had many gun shots on my body. I was bleeding bad. My legs and arms didn't felt to have any energy. And I fell from that hill. When I opened my eyes, every part of my body was hurting. I was sure I would die soon."

He paused for a little bit and then continued while I listened him carefully.

"And then I saw you, you were gazing upon me. I thought you were going to call others, that would reduce my chances of survival even less (though they were already down to none) so I roared -"go away or I will kill you". You didn't even budge. Instead you just said "your... hurt..." I roared again because I was confused. You didn't even moved a little bit. Everyone was afraid of me but this kid in his late teens was not. I had never seen anyone as courageous as you who is ready to face a beastly looking human twice his size. I don't now what it was but you felt so huge and I so little. It was like I was stunned by the braveness in your heart. "Go... " I was about to say go away again but before I could finish you shouted "Just shut up" and I was speechless."and don't move, you're hurt" you came to me. I was drowsy because of severe blood loss. The next thing I knew was I saw you carrying me on your back, though it was half dragging because of my size. I was in awe of you, your bravery, your strength and your caring nature. I was unconscious again before I knew. I awoke at midnight, my body had bandages all over, it was still hurting a little though but you had saved me from my certain death. I under a tree in a forest, you were sitting right behind the bonfire.

'Why did you saved me?' it was the first question I asked you after I was awake.

'We each of us are angels, I couldn't leave an angel in such condition.' your reply touched me. Even though I looked like a beast but you considered me as an angel. I never knew such humans existed and I knew I never will know anyone else like you.

'i can't take you to any hospital right now, you know they will get afraid or you may even get hunted, I assume you were being chased before when you fell down that hill. I had bandages and some meds in my backpack for caution. They came to use.' you said to me

'Yes I was being chased. They were afraid of me. Sorry for being rude before, I thought you were like them all too.' I told you

'no need to be sorry ' you said 'its good that you're being healed yourself.'

'weren't your parents be worried about you? ' I asked

'its alright, I can always make an excuse' you answered. And we talked a little. You didn't told much about me except basic stuff that you live there and you got good grades in studies. I didn't cared to ask you because I thought I may be invading your privacy. I don't know if it was just me but you seen to feel empty like you have nothing to share. I fell asleep again after a little while, still in my beast form.

I awoke when the sun hit my eyes. I was normal then. Covered in a blanket and some clothes of yours lying nearby me. Clearly you had brought that for me. You came with food soon and we had breakfast together.

We had a talk again. When I told you that I don't know how to control myself, you taught me how to control it. You told me that trick lies in the fact that I was given a gift and its up to me if I adore it or battle it. After a couple of hours of your directions of 'how to' I finally learnt it. I asked you if you had this gift too but you said maybe. You told me you hear roars, wild and fierce, but it never comes out. '"

There were two things in my mind then when he left at there. One, he had a feeling that I was then empty. Could it be that the only reason that I was unable to find about myself was that I have always been empty. Maybe instead of trying to know my past, I shall continue to make myself whole again. Though I still feel empty, I shall start to fill myself up. Second, the roar, it was the same roar that I heard while battling Rene. I knew it must be that thing that I was telling Rene about before. I didn't knew it before and I didn't know it now. Something new added to my 'to find' list.

"You took me to your home after that. Your parents were out for work. I rested a little had food. I didn't knew what to do now. If I went back to the place where I was, I was surely gonna get killed. You told me that there is always another option. And you suggested that I explore the world. I don't know how you know it because I never told you that it was my dream once to explore around the world. You gave me supplies for my initial phase of journey. And I left to explore the world that very evening before your parents came.

I roamed around the country, learning new things, seeking new friends and then I met Kyle. And you know the rest." he ended telling me this little story.

Though it wasn't much but at least I found something from this story of my encounter with Rene. I found a part of my memory. And this made me happy. To find yourself, to seek yourself, and successfully doing so is the best feeling you can have.

"Do you know if I did ever mentioned something about a girl back then? Or have you seen a girl with long dark brown hair reaching the end of her back, who wears white silk clothes and her height is just a little w shorter than mine,,, green eyes while travelling?" what was that? Where did those details came from. I knew I saw her hair in that memory dream but how did I knew that her hair reached the end of her back. Moreover, those eyes, how did I knew her eyes were green, I never ever saw her face in my daydreams either but I just had a feeling that her eyes were green. Who is actually that girl? Almost as mysterious as me.

"I remembered correctly, sorry to disappoint you but you never mentioned anything about any girl back then. Who is she?"

And I told Rene everything about the daydreams I was having. He added that never he had encountered any girl with those specifications in his journey. Though he don't remembers all the faces but he would have remembered if such girl would have gone past him.

After that we all went to the actual house of Kyle he had inherited from his parents. It was large, humongous is the better term. The dinner was served to us on the big dining table but I excused myself and took the food to the room I was given for the night. I needed some time alone to gather my thoughts that were wondering here and there and to cool down myself before I overstress myself in finding out my past. The bed was nice and very comfortable, I dozed on minutes after laying.

The next day, in the very morning, I packed all of my belongings and set off towards home. They both thanked me, i thanked them, the usual exchange of goodbyes between me, Rene and Kyle. By the evening I was back to home.

I put my bag on my bed and set off to those forest where I was found unconscious. It felt like it was calling me. I can't tell that feeling but I was pulled to go to there. It took me an hour just to teach there. Night had dawned by then. It was a distinct spot. I kind of remembered the exact location. A small waterfall made by the small creek of a river was nearby that place. When I reached there, I could smell the water in those trees that surrounded me. One tall tree at the north side of the spot, two joint trees farther up easy conformed I was on the right place.

Suddenly, again, I was pulled, within myself, inside myself. This time I knew... Before I could finish my thought that I knew what was going to happen, darkness surrounded me. I was again in those places where my memories were burnt to ashes but those feelings of my heart were strong enough to have them reborn from ashes. There was light everywhere in an instant, so intense that I had to close my eyes for a bit time. When I opened my eyes, the sight of heaven was on front of me. I saw two eyes, big, round and so beautiful eyes. They had hazel color with a deep pinch of dark green emerald. There was no eye shadow or anything that include makeup but to be truthful they didn't really need anything. They were absolutely stunning in their own. Again she was there, in my daydreams. I felt her staring directly into my eyes, and the feeling was like she was touching deep into my own soul, exploring it with her eyes. That was a moment of bliss but every moment had to pass and so did that moment. I flashed opened my eyes. It was dead dark. Was I actually looking into them for that long!? It was beginning of night when I was at that spot and the moon in the sky told me that many hours have passed. But it feels like just moments. Memories, feelings and heart, they all sure are the most trickiest things in the universe.

At that moment, in my heart, I knew that girl had been a huge part of my life. She was the key to my memories. I just have to look deeper inside, deeper within myself. I just have to find her, both in my memories and real world.

I took a deep breath, inhaled as much air as I could and shouted...

"I don't know who you are,,, where you are,,, what you mean in my life,,, but... I know... You are... Here inside me... But still... So far... I'm coming for you... Hide... if you don't want me to find you,,, Run... if you don't want to meet me,,, but you won't be able to stop me... from chasing you... even if you are... as far as the stars... or you hide like sun hides behind night... Or like moon hides behind day... No matter how manly endless years I may take... But still... I will... Reach you... I will... Hold you... I will... Love you..."

© 2016 loveless


Author's Note

loveless
Just a story...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016
Tags: Brave, life, journey, love, fight, transform, beast, light, dark, heart, war, girl

Author

loveless
loveless

CA



About
When the war of beasts Brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss Her gift everlasting more..

Writing