One is not none.

One is not none.

A Poem by Veronica Staehle
"

Maybe intense, maybe rubbish. Wrote this years ago, but feel its strangely relevant. Basically, you're important.

"

Do you feel as I feel, and believe what I see? There is no proof or evidence supporting me, just my heart’s understanding. I’m easy to criticize, but do you see that I’ll still look you in the eyes when you’re speaking to me? Unwaveringly confident with my intent and feeling because there is a goal in mind, a specific mission. 

 

Vital it is to educate and expose" whilst creating and expanding accessibility for the masses. I am against control; I never like to be controlled and shouldn’t be, same for you. I also want not to overpower you. It’s important to understand that the world needs every individual you. By ruining one person, you’ll ruin many. By stealing one person’s opportunity, you’ve stolen also the ones they could have been opening. It’s never one, although it seems to be. One always lead to many: start here, and you’ll never know where things might be ending.

 

Populations ought to be raised above minimal conditions. I feel we all need to be as strong as possible to be able to create a better life worth living, or gift worth giving to future generations.  Do you know the power within you? Do you know how many people you can impact just by being you? Sometimes I think people forget the power of one. Be reminded by every resistance. Once forces are working against you, remember that there must be something you’re bringing that’s worth a decline, resisting, or stopping. Be not discouraged but excited that something is against you. It means you’re stirring the pot, switching things up, challenging something that might feel threatened solely due to comforts.

 

It is the utmost importance to provide empowerment for the masses, for our generation must shift society. I believe deeper than anything that what is unacceptable needs to stop now. And I only want to reach that peak or change, not by myself, but with an entire nation or world of empowered people who were supposed to be nothing. Now watch who becomes something so audacious, the world is forced to stop being ignorant of neglect or oppression.

 

It is like a climb I think, from here to there it’s like you have to find connections from things in hiding. Know they should be where you’re diligently looking. I am the same as anyone else, but I’ve learned: sometimes it is you that is meant for things. Why stop now if we haven’t even got to begin the very best a part. Watching something become alive when only seconds previously there was nothing. Feel that heartbeat. 

© 2017 Veronica Staehle


Author's Note

Veronica Staehle
This might be too many thoughts fit into too few paragraphs.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's so empowering I must say. Tremendous write-up. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I agree dear Veronica.
"Do you know the power within you? Do you know how many people you can impact just by being you? Sometimes I think people forget the power of one. Be reminded by every resistance. Once forces are working against you, remember that there must be something you’re bringing that’s worth a decline, resisting, or stopping."
I loved the above lines. Many times in our history. One person can change our world or their world. I liked your thoughts and wisdom shared in your words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


how can one have too many thoughts?
can one breathe too many times?
gained knowledge is that which needs be shared
personal power of self awareness is good for all

you make many valid points and ask necessary questions
well done ... feel that heartbeat

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017

Author

Veronica Staehle
Veronica Staehle

New York, NY



About
Private personal writer; creative writing, poetry, and documenting. blog: www.loveronica.com portfolio: www.veronicastaehle.co more..

Writing