Lie to Me

Lie to Me

A Story by lrigD
"

It's easy to tell a lie.

"

“Lie to me,” she said. “Lie to me, make everything better.”


Lie to her?


She didn’t know what to do. Once upon a time, she wouldn’t have hesitated at all. It was easy to say that you’d always be there when they needed you; it was even relatively easy to make that come true once.


Keeping the promise, however, wasn’t easy at all.


She knew the pain of betrayal. She knew what her friend needed; or thought she needed.


She could lie. She knew she could. It wasn’t hard to tell a few well-placed lies, comfort her friend with untruths that would be revealed whether she wanted it to or not. Lying, she thought, was a skill like any other, and you needed talent to distinguish lies from truth; you needed talent to tell them, too.


It would be a betrayal to her principles, and she knew she’d find a way to assuage herself: it was not for her, she hadn’t done it with no reason, it was no big deal; but there was still the nagging thought.


It would be a betrayal.


But there she was. Black stripes and tear tracks on her face, her eyes desperate and yet with a tiny shimmer of hope.


Lie to me.


Make it better.


And she did.

© 2010 lrigD


Author's Note

lrigD
There's no 'depressing' or 'sad' category, so for lack of something better I put it in 'Teen & Young Adult'.
Wrote this when I was searching for Lie to Me -the show- fanfiction, and the phrase "Lie to Me" just appealed to me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

why do we seem to think ..telling someone we are there for them without having some time limit on the assurance....TODAY I AM THERE FOR YOU....All we really have is today.. yesterday is gone today is fleeting anf who knows of tomorrow?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it, it's simple and it's truthful.

Your a great writer and you should make it far if you continue writing like this. ^^

~ Love Emily

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 14, 2010
Tags: lie to me, lie, to, me, you, friendship, women, she, her, love, promise, better, make, realisation, philosophy, cry, sad, lonely

Author

lrigD
lrigD

Netherlands



Writing
Stay afloat Stay afloat

A Story by lrigD


I'm Not Dead Yet I'm Not Dead Yet

A Story by lrigD