Lilly

Lilly

A Poem by Lionel Braud

 

 
 
Lilly
 
Lilly loved landscaped horizons,
She talked about the moon and the stars
From slingshot distances outside her upstairs doorway
 
Wild horses galloped in her front yard,
Their frenzied gaze adorned unknown constellations
 
She had this dream about becoming a singer
And strumming Bob Dylan tunes,
 
In the meantime she wore many milestones
Meeting each on the winded roads of her travels
 
The first was of the sunflower, the tiny seeds fell
Between her fingers, she caressed their fragility
 
Then came of the clandestine virgin
In which she frolicked in the corn fields,
Clothing herself in their husks
 
The moon tides crashed and pollen pellets ruptured
 
Lilly Loved landscaped horizons,
She talked about the moon and the stars
But this time she met those constellations
On the way down from her balcony

 

© 2009 Lionel Braud


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

great finish, a sad, arcing downward turn. There is so much working for this poem... slingshot distances... brilliant, and more.

The only part that left me a bit cold was I"n the meantime she wore many milestones/Meeting each on the winded roads of her travels" For some reason is felt a bit abstract compared to the winning images you have throughout the rest of this poem. For the most part, quite lovely, and worth the effort. I'm glad I got to read this.

Be Well,

Jim C-D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beauty and thaan from what my mind gathers..a tragic end to life in which all of this beauty lives in the mind..Different but well written..Valentine

Posted 14 Years Ago


The sceem carries the work from one image to another. Your words seem sellect at times but the ending is really good. I thought the flow and its speed worked against each other at times but it looked as if it were pland that way. "The moon tides crashed and pollen pellets ruptured" is my favorit part. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with your previous reviewer this is brilliant. You completely create this woman and her world from what at first seems a dreamy existence into one that grows more and more out of control towards a tragic end. She remains unaware as she continues unaware throughout. I like the line about the milestones, for some reason I see that as a necklace that she's wearing. Of course it were a necklace it would be like the albatross in "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner." Love this one Lionel...this should be in your book. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful portrait. It's very much like a painting -- parts of the life highlighted and others kept in the darkness -- to give us the picture the narrator has. I see this woman who had so many things she wanted to do, but she's confined for reasons that are spelled out. It's a tragic end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

great finish, a sad, arcing downward turn. There is so much working for this poem... slingshot distances... brilliant, and more.

The only part that left me a bit cold was I"n the meantime she wore many milestones/Meeting each on the winded roads of her travels" For some reason is felt a bit abstract compared to the winning images you have throughout the rest of this poem. For the most part, quite lovely, and worth the effort. I'm glad I got to read this.

Be Well,

Jim C-D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2009
Last Updated on July 16, 2009

Author

Lionel Braud
Lionel Braud

Smyrna, GA



About
Try JibJab Sendables� eCards today! I have a bachelors in psychology and earning my second degree in English Education. im student teaching next year for secondary English. I turned off t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..