The Forgotten

The Forgotten

A Poem by Luissanto
"

Dedicated to the faceless ones... who we constantly ignore

"

Everyday you walk by

seeing me sad and alone

needing someone to care                                    

and a place to call home

you pretend not to see me

you pretend I'm not there

don't you know I'm human?

do you even care?

I'm hurting and I'm hungry

needing something to eat

my pants badly torn

broken shoes on my feet

You try to ignore me

but cant cause my smell

so you quickly walk away

Cant you see my hell?

I wasn't always so sad,

empty and alone

I once had a family,

friends and a home

You can try to forget me

but know this is true

I wasn't always like this

I was once just like you

© 2014 Luissanto


Author's Note

Luissanto
If you click on the image next to the title... You will see a graphic
representation of these words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You got me good with this one Luis. I have met people that carry this within and it is just like the writing you just shared with us. Sorrow filled days of disease goes in yor lines, The faceless shadows arise. The fear once among the lust continues,Now reflects creation's demise,So to the idols, wait for impending doom,Under a godless sky,Yet we walk on further atop the broken glass,For our feet will heal but our souls stay doused.

I felt every word on your writing.

Thankyou




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your beautiful sentiments...



Reviews

Another touching poem, and so full of the truth. You have written this so well. It's so sad and terrible and it breaks my heart. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I can relate so easily to this poem its crazy. Beautiful poem, thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Thank You, for all of you who have taken the time to review my work, and
share your hearts with me. I am both blessed and honored that you have chosen
to let me share my deepest innermost thoughts with you.
Thank You



Posted 9 Years Ago


This is so haunting and humbling, this piece definitely imprints itself in my heart and mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your kind and beautiful words...
Isn't it unbelievably sad how people become so desensitized to things these days?.... They will just step over someone laying in the street... They don't even look at them as people anymore.. They become les than the trash littering the ground.. They look with disgust on their faces if they even look at all.. They don't take the time to care.. to look.. to wonder about their story, their struggles, their pain, their needs... to help.... In a world where everyone looks out for number one while stepping on or over anyone else in the process.. then go to their "services" on Sundays and stand on that soap box and tell everyone else how they are going to hell... It is ridiculous quite honestly... You have captured this beautifully here sir.. like you always do...

I volunteer sometimes at the local veteran's hospital in my city and the stories I hear sometimes are heartbreaking.. How men who risked their lives for our freedom and safety come back home to lose their families, their ability to work, to function and are left with no where to go.. no one to help... that people just walk right past them without offering them so much as a kind word... how did we get like this?.. I don't understand it at all...

I have been in some very dark times in my life and was homeless for about six months when I was 18 and released from the girls home and state custody.. I had no where to go and no help.. I fought my way back and haven't looked back.. but I will never forget that feeling of hopelessness, despair, and feeling invisible... it hurts worse than anyone can imagine... I will never turn a blind eye to suffering as long as I am breathing... ever... Thank you for sharing this work with me..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You for sharing something so intimate... Your words have deeply touched me.
Yes, humanity all too often ignores...soul destroying to say the least! Poignant piece hon x

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your kind words...
You very nicely slip into their role.. their feelings of being rejected and ignored.When they live in their dirty hovels far away froom the society.Should they be treated such?? The rhetorical question enhances the reader's sense of justice.A revolutionary write.I am inspired. Great work.keep writing friend. :)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You for sharing such insightful words...
Excellent write Luis. Felt this one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luissanto

9 Years Ago

Thank You... Your words always inspire me.
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

My pleasure Luis.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

688 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014

Author

Luissanto
Luissanto

Woodside, NY



About
My name is Luis Santos Verges and I have a passion for graphic design and writing. It is my belief, that poems are inner reflections, "Soul Tattoos" that are meant to live forever. This grou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..