Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Mary

 

 

 

Chapter 10

                                

           She was flung back into her cell waking Arnina. She saw Chloe and asked her what happened, but she got no response. Chloe just sat there starring at her ice covered hands. Finally Arnina shook Chloe to get the girl to take notice.

 

           “I’m… fine,” said Chloe, “I got my powers…so I guess I am a Lunarian…”

 

           “Wait…is that what this ice is? What happened?” questioned Arnina. Arnina didn’t know what to say she just kept starring at the ice wondering how it didn’t hurt Chloe. “What is going on? I can’t believe that Chloe has powers…and she believes in Lunarians?” she thought.

 

           “I had one of those dream thingies… Isanne gave me my powers…it was time.” said Chloe starring off in space.

 

           “Who is Isanne? So you got your powers in a dream…well I guess that was what all the noise was about…are you okay?” asked Arnina trying to get any information out of Chloe.

 

           “Isanne is the Queen of Ice…my element…the leader of my tribe. Everyone freaked out when my power kicked in, they were going to shoot me… I was scared…but I will be okay, just give me a minute my head feels funny.” Chloe responded.

 

           “Queen of Ice??? Tribe??? How do you know all of this?” yelled Arnina.

 

           “I just know…It happened when I was in the ice land. There are five tribes: ice, air, water, fire, and earth. I am in the ice tribe and you are in the fire tribe…before you ask how I know, I know because I can now see the glow that Aaron was talking about. I know all about Lunarians…it is weird…can you see anything on my head?” said Chloe lifting up her bangs remembering Isanne’s touch.

 

           Arnina leaned forward to get a better look, she gasped when she saw a mark on her forehead. It was a triangular pattern that marked her head like a crown.

 

           “There are light blue lines on your head! It looks like some sort of ancient mark or something…it is really beautiful!” Arnina marveled.

 

           “Oh okay…I wish I could see It.” sighed Chloe.

 

            “Are you okay? You seem different somehow.” worried Arnina.

 

           “It is just I can’t lie to myself anymore…the reality is settling in, I’ll be fine tomorrow.” Chloe confessed.

 

           “Okay they should be coming to take me to the courtyard soon. Do you want me to ask Aaron anything?” asked Arnina.

 

           “Just tell him what happened and see what he says…and do the others have markings too?” said Chloe.

 

           “I don’t know…Aaron’s hair covers his forehead, I’ll see.” said Arnina.

 

           Arnina worried over Chloe but at the same time she was in awe of the whole thing. “She has powers…so I will get powers?” she thought. She wondered how long it would be until she could control fire, she believed Chloe when she said fire was her element. She had always been attracted to fire, plus there were the dreams. For awhile now she had been having strange dreams about fire. She chalked it all up to the trauma she was going through but now she wasn’t so sure.

 

           After an hour or so a guard came to get Arnina. He walked her to the hallway to get in line with the others. She examined them closely, taking notice of the different markings on their foreheads. “So I guess Chloe isn’t the only one.” She thought. They were of different ages and races, the only thing the same about them was the blank look in their eyes. Arnina recalled the same look Aaron gave when he explained things about the facility.

 

           They walked a short distance until they came to two giant doors. When they opened the doors they revealed a room about the size of a football field. “How the hell is all of this underground.” She thought taking in the treadmills and weights. She recalled that Aaron said it was “crappy” but it was just as good as any gym in her hometown. She glared at the plaster white walls wondering if she would see color ever again.

 

           “Hey newbie!” said a dark haired girl.

 

           “Um Hi.” said Arnina.

 

           “Well, welcome to hell, my name is Jade. I am like Aaron’s second in command and as long as you act right and watch the camera’s you will be fine.” said Jade pointing to the camera’s along the corners of the ceiling.

 

           “Okay thanks, what am I supposed to do here?’ asked Arnina.

 

           “You can pretend to exercise…but we mostly talk, they don’t care. They are over confident b******s.” said Jade grabbing Arnina’s hand and pulling her over to a crowd of people. “What is with this girl, she is too perky…maybe she is crazy. But she said she was second in command so I don’t know…maybe it is a defense mechanism.” Arnina thought.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I very good chapter. I like the conversation and the new characters. This is a very good story. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like somone wanted colorful language in a chapter or 2

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really cool chapter seeing how she had her powers woken up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


LOve it....what happens next? I love where this is going

Posted 14 Years Ago


Omg... What happens next.. yikes so much suspense and I really liked how you described the dream it was very vivid and i loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies Lies

A Poem by Manda


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


Can't Cry Can't Cry

A Poem by Manda