Rain

Rain

A Poem by xlynne
"

nature is seldom appreciated. people, myself included, seemed to be so focused on life that they sometimes fail to notice the beauty of nature.

"
Rain was streaming down from the opaque sheet overhead, gushing with liquidity and individuality they sparkled with inner joy at the airs excitment.
She stood just beyond the rains reach, underneath her porch with her arms held out, the water falling silently down on her ivory skin. She indulged herself in the pleasures that rain made her feel and see. She admired the way the water would slide off her arm, the way it slicked her skin with crystallized moisture, and the way it felt like some unknown and undiscovered velvet.
She listened to the sound that the rain made, the quick beating of the water and the unusual way you could hear every droplet as it hit the ground. She stood there and admired the way the grass glowed after the storm had ended, the way the rain glittered like wild diamonds, the way the flowers wilted as cups of water poured down their shamelessly smooth pedals. She loved to see the rain, to see in its only purest form as simply falling water.

© 2008 xlynne


Author's Note

xlynne
everything welcomed and appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I fell in love with this, especially because I agree with you - our surroundings, the one constant in our busy lives, are never appreciated. And even the stability it can offer is shakable and changes by the day in some small form.
But about your writing: it has an incredible power to it behind its vocabulary and vividness. Somehow the character feels as if it could be anyone. The entire thing, short as it is, is beautiful.
Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very visual. Natural phenomenas are indeed a wonderful thing, and the unique feeling caused by the touch of rain is well described here.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


An amazingly vivid write; the sights, sounds, and feel of rain described so clearly... Love rain and love the way you describe the many aspects of its beauty! Excellent!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your poem a lot. It was beautifully written and so very true. Rain is a marvelous thing and most people take it for granted. I hope to read more of your work =]

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on June 29, 2008

Author

xlynne
xlynne

MI



About
Hello, I like to incorporate prose into my stories, I have no preference on writing stories over poems but I find the latter comes easier. I like to use elegant descriptions that flow through sent.. more..

Writing
The Basement The Basement

A Story by xlynne


Boundless Bonds Boundless Bonds

A Story by xlynne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


good company good company

A Poem by Emily B