The Two

The Two

A Poem by xlynne
"

happiness saddness

"
In between the kisses and the hugs, smiles escaped that showed our true happiness. Beyond the world of war and death, inside our hearts, existed a state of glee that we were consumed in. True and beautiful it was. Swallowing all that was grey and dark, the world around us glowed with our love. Never was there a man who made me feel quite so happy. He would look at me and I would feel wonderful. I would feel content and enjoyed and beautiful and it was amazing. It showed through with every smile and every step and every laugh. Gleaming like the sun, its ferocity blinding. I don�t know if truer joy or truer love ever existed like this before but I hope it does, for everyone, because it�s truly and undeniably intoxicating in all its peaceful glory.

In between the breaking and the longing, tears escaped that showed my true misery. Inside my heart, existed a state of regret and sadness that I was consumed in. Truly dark and sharp it was. Swallowing all that was white and pure, the world around me faded with my growing despair. Never was there a moment that passed that I forgot what kind of man he was. Loyal and loving and giving and strong. I felt the waves of sorrow as they pulled me under, set after set, drowning me in memories of the happy moments we spent together. The salt pouring down my red, raw throat in every way like the tears that poured from my red, raw eyes. Both bitter and ruthless. I don�t know if truer sorrow or truer ache ever existed like this before but I hope it doesn�t, for anyone, because it�s truly and undeniably devastating in all its melancholy glory.

© 2008 xlynne


Author's Note

xlynne
fictional piece
advice, criticism, and all that jazz appreciated and welcomed!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You so deeply delve into the human psyche, contrasting pleasure and pain, love and loss, joy and sorrow... Your combination is quite amazing! Loved this read!!! Thank you!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 14, 2008

Author

xlynne
xlynne

MI



About
Hello, I like to incorporate prose into my stories, I have no preference on writing stories over poems but I find the latter comes easier. I like to use elegant descriptions that flow through sent.. more..

Writing
The Basement The Basement

A Story by xlynne


Boundless Bonds Boundless Bonds

A Story by xlynne