Daughter of The Night

Daughter of The Night

A Story by Lupus 7

79 years before the great split of Gezlet there was a small land that had not been corrupted by The Kingdom of Gezlet. This land was called Uio, Uio was small mainly filled with farmers and simple life people. But of course, not everything in life is peaceful, not even for these people. In Uio there was a village and which many people had lived in, in this village a girl named Isabella. Isabella was 14 years old and different from everyone else in the village. One cold and dark night she just appeared out of nowhere at that time she was only five months old. She was dropped off at the front of Fire monastery that which at the time was under the control of the Fire element priest Kurtet Lops. Kurtet raised Isabella throughout his years of being the head priest of fire, and through those years she changed. The reason she is different from everyone else is that she was born with black wings, it was like angel wings. Many thought that perhaps she was the offspring of a sky priest or priestess or maybe she was something else. But no matter the reason Kurtet kept her safe at the Fire monastery, he taught her everything she needed to know about the elements and all the ways to control fire.

Isabella was walking through the large monastery one day going towards the library which had the books of spells and other things. As she looked at the shelves of books she lifted herself higher with her wings. As she was looking she came across a book that had a lock on it but there was no key insight. Kurtet walked into the library and looked up at her. "I see you found that locked book," he said, She tried to open it. "How come it's locked?" she asked. "It's always been locked even from when I first found it in the land of Fohel, it was hidden in an abandoned fortress that belonged to the moon controllers and worshipers," Kurtet said pulling out a book from a self and handing it to her. "There is one element I haven't told you about, the power of the moon, those who use this power also have the power to control darkness and they are given the ability to become werewolves," Kurtet said, Isabella looked through pages and saw drawings of wolf-like people with robes and swords. "So this locked book belongs to them," she said floating down and handing him the book. "Yes, and it was a bad mistake this book shouldn't be here, I don't know whats inside it but if the moon worshipers were to find out that we had it, it could mean the end of Uio".

They walked out of the monastery which was on top of a hill, they looked down at the village. "Once I'm gone, you will be in charge of this all, and you will be the one to teach others to follow the power of fire," Kurtet said getting out a small book and reading over a few lines aloud in the Uio language. Then he finished and closed the book, the sun was setting which meant the darkness and evil was bound to come and walk the streets of the village. 

Later that night two explorers named Sara and Ezra were walking out of a tavern and headed to an inn which was in the village. It was midnight and no one was awake except for the people at the tavern. "I find it funny that everyone believes in those so-called night monsters, their just legends," Sara said as she and Ezra walked. "Yeah, I'm sure if there were any of these things they would probably have already eaten us by now. They could see the inn a not too far away, they walked passed a house which had it's door wide open. Sara walked up to get because she thought she heard an odd sound coming from inside. 
She looked in and saw nothing until a cloud moved away from the moon which shined its light into the house. On the floor was a dead bloody body and standing over it was a werewolf. Sara got out her dagger and charged towards it.The werewolf slung it's human-like arm but she was quick and dodged its arm. She then jumped on its back and stabbed it, but it did nothing to the werewolf, it grabbed her arm and threw her into a wall. "SARA!!" Ezra shouted, The wolf slowly walked up to Ezra and stared at him. "Get...out," it said with a human voice. Ezra ran from the house and ran towards the hill where the monastery for safety. 

© 2018 Lupus 7


Author's Note

Lupus 7
new story next week

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on March 23, 2018
Last Updated on March 23, 2018

Author

Lupus 7
Lupus 7

canton, GA



About
Hello my name is Nick I am an Attack on Titan Instagramer and a photographer. I'm sharing my stories o here to perhaps help people pass the time in their boring lives more..